View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 A Warning Regarding Spam, etc 
Administrator

Post A Warning Regarding Spam, etc • Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:00 am
Look, I run the forums with a pretty tolerant attitude than other Zelda forums. I don’t mind if from time to time, the conversation becomes a little sidetracked. It happens.

However, with the recent increase of UNSIGHTLY spam and off-topicness, there are some issues that must be addressed.

First: Rampant Off Topic Behaviour. Just because The Forbidden Underwoods is a Zelda forum on a Zelda humor site, it doesn’t give members the right to wantonly post whatever the heck they feel like, whenever they feel like it. I’ve already stated that I don’t mind the odd off topic conversation. However when I am CONSISTANTLY barraged by posts that have nothing to do with the initial topic, we have a problem. If you want to start talking about something unrelated to the discussion at hand, start a new thread. The magical wonder of phpBB allows you to perform that task with ease. Do this, so I or the mods don’t have to continually warn or, in the extreme cases, lock the thread.

Second: Spam. We had this problem way back when I first started the forums, and it pretty much destroyed the board. I’m not letting that happen here. I am consistently sick of seeing posts that are nothing but: “Wow that’s pretty cool” or “lol why did you do that” or some iteration of “I agree with you, that’s exactly what I would have said.”

The internet is a powerful tool that allows people to share their thoughts and ideas across the globe. This board is an example of such an innovation. In real life, you don’t start a conversation with someone, only to say, “I agree” or “That’s cool”. Share your views. Take some time to write out what you want to say.

This specifically applies to the Seriously Serious Board. In one topic alone, I posted three warnings to no avail. This is a warning to the entire board, if I have to continually delete posts and give warnings, I will ban people from that section.

Third: Conversations. I cannot fathom why someone would carry out a conversation on such an ineffective medium, (these boards) when there are more effective ways of doing so, ie MSN or AOL. I’m not talking about threads that discuss the ramifications of drinking coffee-tea in the morning. I’m talking about threads where a conversation is going on between two people, posts are within minutes of each other and have VERY LITTLE IF NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND. We have profiles for a reason. Add that person to you MSN/AOL and talk there. Leave threads clear for actual discussion.

Seriously guys, please try to follow the rules. I have no wish for the Underwoods to become a dictatorship; where strict adherence to the rules will ensure your stay here. The Forbidden Underwoods is one of the more permissive Zelda forums on the net. Please don’t abuse that by forcing us to continually moderate everything.

Last edited by Darth Citrus on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:18 pm
Bumped for emphasis.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]