View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 ITT (In This Thread) I become your puppet. 
Sheikah Elder

Post ITT (In This Thread) I become your puppet. • Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:25 pm
Ladies, gentlemen, boys, and girls or the forum. I ask for your attention to bring hope to two issues that I seem to see a lot of struggle with. The first of these issues is:

Section I:

The Report Post Button

This button is a lifesaver and a critical element to some forums. This button gives you, the user, a say in the community. This button gives you a voice, a chance to stand out, and most importantly, keep this community neat. It is this button that I ask you to use if you see one of the following:

1. Off topic posting - Use the button for posts in forums only. If Zelda: The Wind Waker is in "Shameless Site Promotion", click the button, and one of us will be able to attend to the matter faster!

2. Abuse of word filters - Here and there a word may slip, which is fine. Constant abuse should be reported, and will be dealt with as soon as possible.

3. Posting in a bumped thread - A few weeks old bump is fine. Months old topics that are bumped are not.

4. Flooding/spamming - Not tolerable. Never will be. Report asap.

5. Trolling/Making a fool of somebody else - Members should enjoy their stay. They should feel at home here. Help us encourage this.

========

Section II:

The EDIT button.

It's far beyond time we tell you how to use this magical thing that will allow you to edit a post.

I like seeing that everyone can be patient to post something at their will whenever they want, and keep it relevant to the topic at hand. I nor other staff members seldom like to see a double post. The "edit" button is there for a reason; to edit your post and continue a thought you left out after hitting "submit".

Section II. Subsection I.
Exceptions
Article 1.

The last post in a thread happens to be yours and it is at a minimum of 3 weeks old, or 10 threads down the list. This exception allows you to make a new post in that thread, and add to what you have already stated.

Article 2.
If your post is on another account because you have failed to maintain your password, you may post another post. This would be considered to be normal posting activity because you are signed into another username.

Article 3.
If your post is less than 3 weeks old, and at least 10 threads down, AND the post you want to make is of EXTREME relevance, may you do so.

Sincerely Yours,

-EDN Staff.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]