View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 A Notice of Termination 
Administrator

Post A Notice of Termination • Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 am
Alas my friends, our world is such that all good things must come to an end. I received notice yesterday that LoZ.com will be moving to another server and they will not be capable of hosting us. Thus our long tenure that started in 2004 has finally come to an end.

Where does that leave us? I am currently planning on finding our own server to move to. I hope to have this process done ASAP, however this week is very bad in terms of schoolwork, and I may not have the new site up before the this current space is shut down.

So a few things of note:

1) The entire site has been backed up as of yesterday, including as many of the files as could be transferred. A few key folders related to the forums, such as attached files and avatars cannot be transferred for some reason. So please make sure you have copies of these things if you wish to keep them.

2) Database Backups are being made twice daily now. I will try to keep the backups as fresh as possible so we don't miss too many posts during the transfer. If you do have a post that's really important and you want people to see (A declaration of undying love to Yaz for example) it may be best to wait until the transfer is complete to ensure generations to come will enjoy your work.

3) The muster point, should the forums go down for an extended period of time, is the JTV Citrus Cam chat. I'll be there as much as I can, so you can all continue to talk as if the shoutbox had never left. :P

That is about it. If anything else comes up I will let you all know.

-DC-

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]