View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Legend of Zelda: Comedic Fan Films/Series 
Administrator

Post The Legend of Zelda: Comedic Fan Films/Series • Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:19 pm
There might be an ANCIENT topic about these sorts of things but I might as well go ahead with this. The mass majority of Zelda fan films I've watched (besides that Hero of Time film) have been comedic in nature. Their main goal is to get a laugh rather than to tell a story. Probably the one most infamous, to me, is The Legend of Link. Unless things have changed, you can view all of its parts on Google Vids. It's been quite some time since I've watched it but I still have many favourite bits from it:

1. Link at the Lon Lon Ranch Milk Bar
2. Link finally collecting enough rupees for his Shield and slamming the bag on the shop's desk and pointing menacingly
3. The weird conversation between the two guys in the field with bombs.

Etc.

I'm sure most of you have watched it, it's rather amusing if not low on the production ends of things. It IS rather old in comparison though :O.

But as I'm sure now the most infamous Zelda parody/comedy show arises in The Legend of Neil. Invader Zzim introduced me to this amazing series. To get it out of the way if you're looking it up (it is produced by Atom.com and effinfunny.com, the same people who do the web series 'The Guild') the series is certainly ADULT oriented. The humour is very mature (and immature :P) and is not recommended for us younger fans.

In short: a guy name Neil gets... transported into The Legend of Zelda, except a very comedic mockup of the world of Hyrule. Hijinks ensue, etc. There are three seasons with the FINALE being released tomorrow. I am more than excited... believe me. I have never been disappointed in any episode from the series, definitely check it out!

In light of The Legend of Neil coming to an end, we have the potential for another web series to arise from Machinima (no idea if I spelled that right). Entitled: Link the Series. Here is the teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STzinqmpj50 It seems like it potentially might fill in part of the gap Neil will leave in my heart. Also there is ANOTHER set of web shorts that might start soon known as "The Legend of Zelda: Real Life" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AgoBnM60Dw Personally I hope this one takes off as it seems like it'll be more enjoyable. I realize it might be a one time thing butttt... we can only hope.

What are some of your favourite comedic based Zelda parodies/animations/films? Are they obscure, well known, or otherwise? Discuss ;O

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda: Comedic Fan Films/Series • Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:21 pm
Well, there are some abridged series on youtube I like a lot. The most famous of them are adamwestslapdog's 2 series, a fully abridged Oot and a half-done MM. Others are:

Wind waker abridged: by taikathaya
Wind waker abridged: by TimedragonX
Majora's mask abridged: by nintendogeek15
Twilight princess abridged: by Xanauzumaki
Oot (Xana's) abridged: by Xanauzumaki
Wind waker abridged: by Tauberpa
Twilight princess abridged: (incomplete) by taikathaya

"...It's not going so well. I lit myself on fire." -Caboose.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda: Comedic Fan Films/Series • Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:29 pm
4 swords misadventures is pretty much a must see. You can find it here.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda: Comedic Fan Films/Series • Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:25 pm
Nothing will ever beat the legend of neil. If you guys haven't seen it, you're missing out on the greatest fan-made zelda-related thing on earth.

Hylian Knight

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda: Comedic Fan Films/Series • Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:07 pm
Four Swords Misadventures is awesome

Also Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask Abridged by adamwestslapdog is kinda awesome too...

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]