View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:04 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Is your internet lagging? 
Sheikah Elder

Post Is your internet lagging? • Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:31 pm
So, I was poking around the internet today to solve some of my internet speed calibration problems, and came across a couple of awesome downloads that will boost the performance of your internet browser.

The first is exclusively for Mozilla Firefox, and is called "Faster Fox"
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1269

Download, install, close FF, Open FF, Tools -> Addons -> Fasterfox -> Settings set to "Turbocharged" OR if you know what you're doing, like me, you can set your own preferences.

Next comes Google Web Accelerator:
http://webaccelerator.google.com/

This really boosted the speed up for me. I was noticing performance lag in FF (ONOES!) and downloaded it, and it's like I had just downloaded Firefox yesterday.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:53 pm
How exactly does it make your internet faster? Aren't you still restricted by your connection speed?

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:48 am
No, I'm not. I have a broadband connection. What it does is the connection speed for the browser refreshes faster or something. Not entirely sure. However, it's pretty cool.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Administrator

Post Re: Is your internet lagging? • Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:27 pm
Linkisdoomed wrote:
Settings set to "Turbocharged" OR if you know what you're doing, like me, you can set your own preferences.
You know dude, it's not as hard as you make it sound, you really only need the patience to read. We are *not* inferior to you.

~Samuel Clemens

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Is your internet lagging? • Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:50 pm
Dark Link229 wrote:
Linkisdoomed wrote:
Settings set to "Turbocharged" OR if you know what you're doing, like me, you can set your own preferences.
You know dude, it's not as hard as you make it sound, you really only need the patience to read. We are *not* inferior to you.

I realise that, however I'm used to people not being able to read or are not as tech-savvy as I am. That's why I posted the instructions. I apologize to anyone that I may have hurt.

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:55 pm
Hm.
It did make a bit of a difference to me.
I already had Fasterfox though.

Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:07 pm
Apology accepted LiD. I'll keep that in mind for the future. Back on topic, Fasterfox didn't really speed up my browser, but most of the pages that almost always timed out are up to speed with the other pages now.

~Samuel Clemens

Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:53 pm
FasterFox helped mine quite a bit, load times seem much much shorter nowadays, it is all very nice. It did a lot compared to what I thought it would do.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:02 pm
I find that FasterFox helps majorly with pages that just never load and then time out. It also sped up my loads times for pages that already came up just fine.

~Samuel Clemens

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:15 am
Anything for Opera?

Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:43 am
hummmm you could try TuneUp Utilities, that's what i use
speeds up your computer, internet, heck even comercials end faster... lil jk :mrgreen:

Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]