View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cell Phones? 
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:47 pm
From what I've read, their smartphones aren't any less locked down than other carriers...

And yes, the Milestone will be on their new HSPA network (joint with Bell) which uses SIM cards and should theoretically be unlockable.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:00 am
...f00d, the last Telus phone I touched had its Bluetooth locked down. o_o

Maybe they've changed, but still... Ew. Telus.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 am
So... I finally got a new phone.

T-Mobile's new HTC G2. :D

I'm now one of them smartphone owners... and this is the reason I didn't broadcast at all last week. :P

Yea, I know, I don't live in the states, but since we got WIND Mobile which is on the AWS bands, I decided to nab an unlocked one and jump from my old crappy provider to my new awesome one.

800 Mhz of Qualcomm Scorpion goodness... apparently overclock'able to 1900 Mhz... though... most people OC this thing to 1400Mhz or so... though I don't plan on doing that.

Also, APPS. Anyone on Android know of a few good apps or things to get?

Anyone else nab new phones recently?

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:46 am
Nice phone! I got rid of my old one for a few months, and decided I needed it back. So I have the exact same phone I had. I'll be working on seeing what I can't do for a smart phone at some point. I'm really looking at the Droid X, though.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:29 am
http://gizmodo.com/5587225/motorola-droid-x-review

Hmmm... looks awesome, but knowing you, you're gonna root it, right? :D

I actually just rooted my G2. The permanent root process was finalized the day after I got my phone in the mail! Rooted it instantly, and I'm planning on installing CyanogenMod ROM when they finalize a version compatible with T-Mobile's G2.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm
TemjinZero wrote:
http://gizmodo.com/5587225/motorola-droid-x-review

Hmmm... looks awesome, but knowing you, you're gonna root it, right? :D

I actually just rooted my G2. The permanent root process was finalized the day after I got my phone in the mail! Rooted it instantly, and I'm planning on installing CyanogenMod ROM when they finalize a version compatible with T-Mobile's G2.

Yeah, definitely gonna root it. It'd be useless otherwise. xD

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:08 am
Huh? What does 'root' mean?

I have a cell phone, but kinda lost it...(for the last week...T.T) So, now I feel lost, can't text, can't call, can't etc. It's so sad, it was an LG-chocolate 3...but, wherever it is...well. It might be making LG-chocolate babies. >_<

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:00 pm
"Rooting" allows you to put applications onto it, make modifications to it, and do other things with your phone that the manufacturer wouldn't allow you to otherwise.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:41 pm
Oh like that one time I secretly downloaded pictures and other stuff and did other things to my cell phone...whoops, did something illegal and didn't even know it! xD

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Zora Guard

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:54 pm
Not exactly Tetromino. It's geekier than that.

It's more like, getting access and running Terminal commands on your phone, like DOS or stuff, or access to the protected sections of data on your phone. By rooting, we can change the clockspeeds of the processors on the phones, to downclock when the phone is idle and overclock when in use, to optimize the phone's capabilities for example.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:22 pm
I don't have a phone :(. But I really want one. I think my parents might be getting me a phone, but I'm not sure if they are, or when I'll get it. I would rather live without them instead of going insane without them because I don't want to lose my sanity. I've also seen people go insane without phones, and it's really creepy.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:04 pm
I finally got around to getting a phone just this last week, a BlackBerry Curve, got an excellent plan and discount, sadly no browsing for me.

3G, Social Plan, $35 a month for unlimited BBM, text, Fave 5 #s, MSN, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace. I now have something to do while on my bus rides :P.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Cell Phones? • Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:04 pm
OK, I think I'm getting a phone. YES! Since I'm going to high school in August, I might get a phone. If I do, then it'll most likely be a BlackBerry. But my parents both have iPhone 4s and their plan only costs them 140 USD a month because both of the iPhones are like a pair. But, if I get a phone, my dad says it'll cost them another 150 USD a month. They're using iPhones, but they still have their BlackBerries. They only really use those if they're traveling out of the country.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2