View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Being charged for internet services? 
Hylian Swordsman

Post Being charged for internet services? • Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:09 pm
The link to the page: http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/19/wire ... r-service/

Alright, from what I understand, some companies or ISPs or whatever, (I didn't pay too close of attention) are thinking of charging you for using Facebook, Skype, and Youtube. Like I said, I'm still trying to sort everything going on in my brain out, and it's taken at least all day so far. But I was just wondering what everyone's own thoughts are.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Being charged for internet services? • Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:08 pm
It's obviously the blatant moneygrab. When has anyone specifically not exploited popular items to make money? That specific plan seems fine for Youtube, 50 cents a month? I'd put up with that thanks to all the entertainment and knowledge you can find there. But Facebook? Sheesh, facebook addicts would be racking up quite a bill at 2 cents a MB.

I think it's quite the unfair regulation if it does come to pass for customers here in North America, it's not from 'too much use' by users of those sites, it's from fatcats thinking they don't have enough money for unnecessarily high paychecks and bonuses. Makes a person sick, ya'know. :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Being charged for internet services? • Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 pm
I hadn't seen in either of your posts that this is for mobile companies. These are going rates for cell/smart phones, and while it may seem ideal for some, I see it as a gambit for mobile carriers to make more money based off of popular websites. I fluidly agree with ZE in that it's going to rack up a huge bill for facebook addicts.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Being charged for internet services? • Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:48 pm
Well that's just being a cheapskate. I go on YouTube a lot to listen to music/watch videos. That would be a huge bill. I only go on Facebook maybe once a week or so. I don't go on Skype a lot either. But if there were addicts, then that's a huge bill. So it would be a bad idea to do this.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]