View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 A good, reliable PC? 

Post A good, reliable PC? • Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:46 pm
So since my current computer refuses to load anything completely still, it's time to start looking for a new one. I'm not savvy about anything dealing with hardware, so I've gotta ask around. I was hoping you tech-savvy geniuses could help point out a decent Windows machine (no idea if Vista or 7 is better) that can deal with writing and games such as Minecraft or Portal. Above all, it has to be cheap and long-lasting. And available at someplace like Walmart or some other physical place. That's probably an oxymoron though...

Any help, pointers, advice, etc. is very much appreciated.

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Administrator

Post Re: A good, reliable PC? • Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:11 pm
Is there a price range you are aiming for?

Here are a few I have found on Walmart. These desktops have a video card, which will be helpful for games like Portal. Writing and Minecraft can essentially be handled by most PC's. I've only included desktops that don't come with a monitor, since I assumed you'll be able to use your current one.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-500 ... 3/19335673 ~ $400.00

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-1TB ... 3/19335672 ~ $700.00

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-1TB-AX19 ... P/16622862 ~ $420.00 (Similar to my current desktop, only no video card)

Profile WWW

Post Re: A good, reliable PC? • Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:57 pm
I currently have no budget what with Christmas and all, but something under $600 is what I'm aiming for.

Didn't realize MC was good to go on modern systems. My old machine had a hard time running it.

*strolls through links*

After looking at those computers I have to say "Wow!" The banjaxed tower right here is garbage compared to these suckers! That first one has all the memory and space needed (considering the space of under 90 GB was utilized until now) and a decent card? Awesome. Thanks DC! :) Now I know what to aim for. :P

Aka, DL if you see this my thanks extends to you as well. :) Thank you for helping to search for a good system.

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]