View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 My post #... 
Zora Guard

Post My post #... • Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:46 pm
I counted my posts and I have over 40....but on my profile it saysI only have 23...whats up with that?

Profile YIM WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:00 pm
Yawn...ummm, you posted in the RRB and Zelda Humor sections for 11 post are so, and thus have less posts on your counter since posts don't count towards your rank in those. It says right on the little description of the forum section. But, it's not the rank that matters to much, it's how active you are in those sections that gets you the respect from members...

(Since in reality, I have over 1100 posts...)

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:18 pm
To prevent post inflation, posts do not increase when posting in the Zelda Humor and Randomly Rambling Board. This is due to the forum games or rapid posting that frequently occur in those boards.

While it may seem unfair that your post count does not increase in those boards, it also deters spammers from spamming the games solely to gain a high rank in a small amount of time.

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:35 pm
Exactly right. I might disable post count increases in the random section over on TSS, actually...

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:59 pm
o.......that explains it.......its hard to figure out what others are thinking when they are smarter than me......lol

Profile YIM WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:47 pm
Dude, it's cool, don't worry about how many posts you have - it's pretty pointless.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:56 am
InformeroftheSages wrote:
Dude, it's cool, don't worry about how many posts you have - it's pretty pointless.

Precisely, I now only have 20 posts. However, go look at the most of them. They are Grade A, high quality, 7.0, up to scale posts. It's not how much you say, its if you get your point across.

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:47 am
^Agreed, you always make good points. And arguments. Which makes you one of the most well-known, if little seen, active members here.

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:11 pm
^ Yes, Crow does...and instead of taking pride in my post count I should've told him that. Sometimes I let useless things get to my head and can make living unpleasant for ppl in general.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Profile YIM
Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:45 pm
Crow wrote:
InformeroftheSages wrote:

Precisely, I now only have 20 posts. However, go look at the most of them. They are Grade A, high quality, 7.0, up to scale posts. It's not how much you say, its if you get your point across.

Exactly. The amount of irrelevant junk posted here is appalling. Quality, not quantity, as I've always said, is what matters.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:43 pm
Midna the Imp wrote:
^ Yes, Crow does...and instead of taking pride in my post count I should've told him that. Sometimes I let useless things get to my head and can make living unpleasant for ppl in general.

Wow that is a bit scary, not really :lol: but sorta :wink:

I used to be all about post number and rank, but not anymore, don't worry about how many you've got. I added quality not quantity to my favourtie quotes in facebook :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:31 pm
you do kinda feel an urge to make alotta posts...

Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:42 pm
Yes you do feel the urge to make a lot of posts, which isn't bad, it only is a bad thing when such posts are useless, sorry RRBers but yeah... and spam, whcih some people get large amounts of posts because of spam. Which is bad. Veeerrrrrrryyyy bad.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:01 pm
He would knew because of past experience and so would I. But, on the other hand, sometimes the RRBs have some interesting conversation and do have some use. Live perching the board of the spam/useless posts of the oldest members...who understand where spam/useless posts goes.

Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]