View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Regarding the Forums 
Administrator

Post Regarding the Forums • Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:02 am
Alright guys, peoplea are leaving, and I can't say that I blame them. Unfortunately I have exams coming up so I really can't be active as well.

Here's the deal, what would make these forums a place that people will stay and post. We clearly have the potental, but as Informer put it in his post, there's not much to reply to at all.

So any ideas, thoughts etc about how to improve the forums would be great, cause after a year and a bit, I'm out of ideas.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:21 pm
I'm not sure either, Darth. This is a very appealing forum. It just seems like the word about it isn't getting out there. A lot of it is the time of year, though. I know that the sites I roleplay on are straining as well to stay afloat; every internet message board or forum is suffering. There isn't much of school left, so people are busy and stressed and prearing for the change into summer.

I'll say what I said on Midnight Velvet: as long as the faithful stay here and post, it wont leave. There's always a handful of us here, weather we're active or not. It's not like Darth or me or Informer or Dabomber etc are leaving. MV has been staying afloat with only me and two other rpers, only one of which is active. We just have to be patient. It'll pick back up during summer, and possibly around E3 as well. We're all holding our breath and waiting. There's not really much Zelda to talk about at the moment.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:56 pm
True. It'll probably pick up after E3 as well. I'm guessing that'll all depend on which site has the info out first though. Then, the fastest site to get a walkthrough out on TP will be booming as well I'd assume. I'm sure there will be a lot of people hunting for walkthroughs on that game when it first comes out...

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Regarding the Forums • Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:07 pm
Darth Citrus wrote:
So any ideas, thoughts etc about how to improve the forums would be great, cause after a year and a bit, I'm out of ideas.

I don't think that the forums need to be improved or anything. I've watched a lot of people on a lot of Zelda sites up and leave for no reason, including some close friends of mine. People just don't seem to have the time anymore...

I myself have no life to speak of, so I'll be online all the time. :D Besides, it's true what the Wolfess said; now is the worst time for people to be online. During the summer everyone will have ample time on their hands for forum-ing, whereas now everyone is working their butts off in school. 'Cept me, it's Spring Break over here in Koholint. :P Still, most people are away during Spring Break, so yeah... I think the forecast will be partly boring with a chance of inactivity until summer rolls around. Then there'll be flood warnings for the amount of posts! :D

- Me!

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Regarding the Forums • Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:39 pm
KamakaziPlumber wrote:
Darth Citrus wrote:

I don't think that the forums need to be improved or anything. I've watched a lot of people on a lot of Zelda sites up and leave for no reason, including some close friends of mine. People just don't seem to have the time anymore...

I myself have no life to speak of, so I'll be online all the time. :D Besides, it's true what the Wolfess said; now is the worst time for people to be online. During the summer everyone will have ample time on their hands for forum-ing, whereas now everyone is working their butts off in school. 'Cept me, it's Spring Break over here in Koholint. :P Still, most people are away during Spring Break, so yeah... I think the forecast will be partly boring with a chance of inactivity until summer rolls around. Then there'll be flood warnings for the amount of posts! :D

lol, nicely put! I think introducing something new every so often could help. Maybe some games on the forums, or a new skin or something. I try to keep things fluctuating constantly.

When summer comes people will be looking for people to talk to. When TP comes out, people will be flooding every site. Im gonna have the first walkthrough, because I will pay money for it!! lol, j/k. I will say one thing, I will have the game earlier than most will :wink:

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:27 am
I'm pretty sure I won't...

Zora Guard

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:04 am
The second TP comes out, I'm going to be in line...mark my words...

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:33 am
I'm just gonna pre-order it

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:26 am
The only place I know that has a lot of users on it LITERALLY 24/7 is

www.flashflashrevolution.com

I'm not advertising for you to go there, but it would be nice if you investigated the forums there and looked at some of the topics there. (Not particularly pretaining to FFR or Stepmania.) I am telling you that if you want humor, go to the Garbage Gin. (Otherwise known as "The G-bin")

Check out the chat on that site too, it would be awesome to have a chat in some form of that way.

*ATTN: YOU MUST HAVE A SCREENNAME ON THAT SITE TO ACCESS THE CHAT.*

If you want screens of the chat, let me know.

They've got a Critical Thinking board, and the like which is really fun, but I'm also in a league there where one of the boards are hidden from normal users. The hidden forum is called the Wherewolf Game. Simply, you get users to join and form teams. I'll get the official rules later by the way. After the teams are made into Humans and Wolves, there are special people who can protect and help the other people (wolves and humans alike). The goal is to lynch the wolves as fast as you can. Each game has it's own storyline.

If you want to borrow a username for that site to check out everyting, let me know. I'll be willing to create 1 account for you guys to do this.

Remember, I'm not advertising, just trying to get some ideas in the forum. I'm only doing this just to get this site up and running once again.

-Link

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:12 pm
Link_Is_Doomed wrote:
The goal is to lynch the wolves as fast as you can. Each game has it's own storyline.

Lynch the wolves? Yikes! *stays away* lol

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:19 pm
E3 is coming...

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]