View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 12:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Member number? 
Sheikah Elder

Post Member number? • Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:28 am
I think it'd be kind of cool to have member numbers instead of dates. What thinks everyone else?

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:37 am
Numbers and dates would be kinda cool, just to see like when we joined, member wise. But instead of the dates, I wouldn't think so, those dates are important, at least to me XD, but together it'd be cool

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:40 am
Oh yeah yeah! That'd be so cute! Then everyone could see what number they are when they sign in!

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:53 am
Cute? Yes, but I like knowing when I joined as well. Being that it's quite important to me so I'll know when I've been here a year...which should be around spring break. XD Though, the number sound like a cool idea, I'd rather have both or just keep it as is.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:00 pm
I joined March 6th, MtI joined March 20, and Blue joined on April 3rd, (yes I remember all of them)

Now that I think about it can't we just go to the member list and go from joined date to see what number we are?

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:13 am
I prefer the dates, more precise and doesn't seem like people are being ranked by the order they join...

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:26 pm
Blue55 wrote:
Oh yeah yeah! That'd be so cute! Then everyone could see what number they are when they sign in!

Cute? You said shiek was cute.... I'm not gonna believe it.

Terminian Captain

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:33 pm
We sort of already have that. It's the number after the "u=" at the end of the url to our own profiles... Bizarrely enough, Darth Citrus is only number 2... Either way, you can put that number in your sig if you want to, though through that same logic, it should also be fairly simple to also put that information underneath everybody's user information column automatically.

Profile YIM WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:50 pm
Nice try, but not entirely true.

If this was the case, I'd be number 1092, when in fact I'm the 47th/199th user registered on this forum. 47th because of my 1337 profile that doesn't exist...

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Terminian Captain

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:44 pm
Even so, that's the number that you'd want to look at if you were to count registrations for accounts that no longer exist.

Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:22 pm
Sorry guys, but I think the memberlist is the way to go on this one.

Having numbers would be strange, because though we have 200 registered members, only 15 or so actually take the time to be active. So someone could be number 150 even though they've been much more active then say number 3.

Also, I like the dates. :P

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]