View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 'link to' images 
Sheikah Elder

Post 'link to' images • Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:08 pm
We need some images to link to this place, its pretty well hidden, and I think that if we can advertise, more people will be streaming into this place.... so does anyone have any?

Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:08 am
We speaking about like, small picture icons that affiliates will be able to use to link to EDN other then just a name or something else, since I'm not exactly clear on this. It must be, I see the word advertise, I think the 'Hylian Army' 'Ganon's Force's' banners link to EDN, we could develop other ones, when I say we, I mean the artists, and stuff. It certainly would start getting us known better, though I'm sure we're known quite well to begin with.

We should start devising some 'images' that would work well for the time being, to stave off our anticipation ;)

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:12 am
I'm talking about like, banners, things that get peoples attention...........

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:48 am
Hey DC, how about making some "artist" staff positions for people wanting to do this? I'll help if you do.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:55 pm
Hmm, what do you mean by artist staff positions?

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:35 am
Well from what i know, the artists usually do banners for people, or for the site itself, their just there to help with tutorials and how to do stuff that has to do with drawing and such. Pretty helpful really.

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:45 am
Darth Citrus wrote:
Hmm, what do you mean by artist staff positions?

As in, you have some minor staff positions with the title "artist", and we can work on banners and the like. Or, you could make a (GASP!) forum member group for EDN artists, which would pretty much be those doing Hyrule Graphics Outpost now.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:01 pm
A good idea, many other sites have it, and it seems to work well.

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:36 pm
We do? XD Yes, artists, on certain sites, also are considered just below a mod. They can't really lock/move topics or warn members, but they can give the staff ideas. Artists usually just are normal members with a few pluses and a pretty banner. Not much, accept they're recognized for there art. Some, or people who would've been mods had they joined the site earlier...(which is me, in the case of MFF.) XD

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:00 pm
Link to images leading onto Artist Positions for the art savvy members here only, interesting.

I find that some Artist staff positions, actually wouldn't be needed, my reasons are as follows: We already know who our artists are, they've claimed themselves as such in Hyrule Graphics Outpost. As MtI said, they are just like other members except with a pretty banner and such, they aren't like mods and such, we don't really need to single them out with little trivial things. Also back to MtI's comment, they are recognized by their art on the forum, but we should add the word ALREADY, members new and old alike should be able to grip their minds around who is an artist pretty quickly without the help of small little banner and a title given without any extra permissions.

Anyway, that's my somewhat heated opinion you could call it. *shrugs* So it has been written, so it shall remain the way it has.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]