View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 2008 Forum Overhaul 
Administrator

Post 2008 Forum Overhaul • Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:05 am
Yeah, I know I said I was going to wait. Well screw it. You may notice a few changes to the graphics of the forums. I'll be working on the theme this week, long with the much asked additions to the Underwoods.

So here, in this single thread, you can comment, request, or critique changes to the boards. Here is what I'm planning on so far:

Image changes: All the buttons, rank images and various other images.

CSS Theme changes: Font color, new smilies MAYBE

Major Changes: I will consider a change to PHPBB3 ONLY if I think I can move everything smoothly, AND there are equivilent hacks provided. If not, we'll stick with PHPBB2 forever.

And yes, I will add the shoutbox. Geez. :P

Last edited by Darth Citrus on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:10 am
could you add way to let us delete our posts/ topics or is that not there for a reason?

Wii FC 4156 1068 5615 6910

Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:21 am
That would involve me changing the permissions. Now I could do that, but that would give a maleviolent person the power to delete a popular topic should he/she become discontent with the forum. So that remains a Mod power for now.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
What mods do you have? Phpbb3 has the mod control panel built in, and thats the only real hack I've noticed other than the statistics hack, which IMO is useless and only promotes spam.

Not sure if it has a shout box though. I looked on http://phpbbhacks.com/ and there isn't anything on there. That's only site I use or trust so I think you should just stick with phpbb2, for now at least.

Otherwise I like what you have planned. Careful with the shout box though I was over as asmallorange's forums and a person had their account suspended because of the shout box making too many SQL connetions.

Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:35 pm
I certainly noticed the graphic update to the forum when I signed on, and I must say, things are looking a lot sharper and prettier than they once were. xD. I don't know how long the rank graphics have been what they are currently, but a change in them, I'm not sure if it's totally needed, but certainly they will experience an increased beauty. Buttons, well, I'm not big on 'prettiful clicking designs' but, they should become interesting.

A new smilie set, meh, I don't use them much, but there are some here who surely would love a 'Link' set or some kind of similar set to such. Font colour, I don't change my font colour, and I'm not sure what you really mean by that either xD.

And the shoutbox, I think Mr. Goron finally got to you didn't it... >.> <.<. Which, the shoutbox shall be something I will surely love to see when it comes.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:04 pm
Be weary of a shoutbox Darth. Trust me on that. Make sure if you find one that there are ways to moderate users within it. Otherwise, spammers will overrun it.

Other than that, I can't wait for the update :D

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:57 pm
I love the new grahphic bar at the top of the forum. I'll look forward to see new updates.

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:49 pm
Change the link at the top that says "Back to EDN" or whatnot, from opening in new window to open in same window/tab. It just bugs me is all.

Also, possible color overhaul? Dark is nice, I say, but only if it changes. :/ Add some more green or something. :D

and a section for EDN wars?

Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:14 pm
More green would be nice, but I prefer having the link in a new tab.

~Samuel Clemens

Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]