View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Srsly d00d 
Sheikah Elder

Post Srsly d00d • Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:14 pm
Okay Darth. I have some things I would like you to consider.

-Getting a different type of Forum. Lets face it. This one is.... Well.... Yeah... IPBoards are so much user interactive, supporting profile comments, pictures. It's like a myspace for Zelda, on your profile. Seriously. Think about it, please.

-New Forum theme.... I've been here for a year, and have seen no change. I know you're busy, just something I think would be nice. Maybe lighter colors..?

-Moar BB commands. Once again, I see forums that have youtube tags and what not. It'd be nice. Srsly.

-Make me admin. C'mon. You know you want to.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Srsly d00d • Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:20 pm
Mr. Goron wrote:
Okay Darth. I have some things I would like you to consider.

-Getting a different type of Forum. Lets face it. This one is.... Well.... Yeah... IPBoards are so much user interactive, supporting profile comments, pictures. It's like a myspace for Zelda, on your profile. Seriously. Think about it, please.

You effin' win.

Win? wrote:
-New Forum theme.... I've been here for a year, and have seen no change. I know you're busy, just something I think would be nice. Maybe lighter colors..?

I'm not sure about this one. I kinda like this one, but, as you said, you've been here longer than I have.

BB Tags are making me fail wrote:
-Moar BB commands. Once again, I see forums that have youtube tags and what not. It'd be nice. Srsly.

You win, once again.

Wants Admin pl0x =/ wrote:
-Make me admin. C'mon. You know you want to.

Too epic for my liking T_T

Overall grade: B+

Seriously, I do support Mr. Goron in his suggestions.

Last edited by Tywar on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:21 pm
Not so sure about the last one, but the rest couldn't hurt. I definitely agree on the IPB, I've been thinking about that since I first came here. The theme is also lacking a bit, it seems old and incomplete. A new look would be pleasing to the eyes. =]

[url="http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?9002"]Image[/url]

Profile YIM WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:28 pm
I'd also like to see this forum placed on another kind of host, and adopt a new theme. =P Dark green FTW.

As long as it's not Invisionfree. I'm on WAY too many of those as it is. *cough*

Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:33 pm
My take on this >_>:

1. LiD has offered and asked DC about different forums, switching over to something different multiple times, even offering to pay for really nice ones, DC has turned him down every time. Due to, if I remember right, familiarity and user friendliness involving this phpBB forum.

2. New theme? This theme has stood the test of time for years, and fits the name, Forbidden Underwoods. It's got a dark theme that I don't think could be improved on, lighter colours would take away what this theme right now is giving >_>. Though, as long as we still keep the black background and white text, I wouldn't necessarily care TOO much.

3. Totally agree. Strikeout would be awesome >_>.

4. Darth will make his choice about admin-age when he turns 134 due to his invention of immortality machines and finally gets bored of running an awesome community. By then, he'll be too rich to want to hand out these immortality machines, and we'd all be dead.

Or something. xD.

Anyway.

-Carl Sagan

Last edited by Zeldaeinstein on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:33 pm
Zetaboards, then? XDDDDD Nah, I think IPB paid is the best next to vBulletin out there. XD

Profile YIM WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:36 pm
I'd rather have IPBoards than anything though. They're just so.... easy to use, and so user friendly. Because honestly, I was put off of this forum when I first joined. So were a lot of people I know. Sorry, I mean this is just my opinion.

Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:04 pm
How so, Mr. G?

Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:14 pm
In my opinion, phpbb isn't all that mod friendly.... And the skins are horrible, but not as bad as that proboards stuff. IPB is more infamous and well-known, the skins are awesome, it's incredibly mod-friendly, and it's just overall a good forum software. =]

Profile YIM WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:24 pm
Dragon_Master804 wrote:
How so, Mr. G?

Well for one: It allows a lot of profile features, that makes everything more comfortable. And for two: The setup for quick reply, and BBcodes and everything is a lot more convenient.

Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:28 pm
*had meant why you wuz put off by the site*

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:46 pm
Dragon_Master804 wrote:
*had meant why you wuz put off by the site*

Just because of how... Uncomfortable the controls felt to me. Where everything was placed. I don't know. I really don't. All I know is that I prefer IPBoards.

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:46 pm
Oops. Accidentally double posted. Someone delete this. NAO.

kthxbai

Last edited by Nean on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:54 pm
My opinion is that the current boards are some what perfect. That's right I think they are perfect because to me they are the simplest I have ever used. The only other boards I have been on that were as simple as this were PTH's. Plus there are no "child boards" which I really hate because having child boards just makes you have to click more to get to the topic you want to get to. The theme, I love it, It's nice and dark, don't forget to mention way easy on the eyes. However I do agree with the more BB commands suggestion.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:46 am
NOTE: Sorry for the extreme lateness of this post, just wanting to help you guys with your ideas and creativeness. :D

Dunno if Darth is intentionally putting off posting in this thread or what, but I'd like to point out that he's mostly a one man crew when it comes to new stuff for the site, such as Site Design, forum look/feel, administration, gallery admin, etc. I don't think he's got all the time in the world to do this stuff, granted he's the admin, but to expect the changes, he'd need to have more people in an administrative position (Possibly something that he may never do). I say with the new design having come out some time ago, give the guy some time to just... ya know... chill. Assuming he's still at the "U", It's School, work, homework, eat, hang with friends. Possibly not even the last two items. :/ Hope this gives you guys kinda an idea of what all goes on in the life of an Administrator. (Not that it applies to all Admins)

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next