View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Deleting Threads/Posts 
Terminian Captain

Post Deleting Threads/Posts • Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:49 am
This is something that I've been annoyed about for a while. I know most forums don't really have this...but I think the author of a thead or post should be able to delete them. I mean, shouldn't all these ancient threads from 2007 just be deleted? Instead of making a rule about ressurection why don't we just filter out old, outdated threads and let people delete their material when they no longer feel the need for it to exist. I know it's not an urgent upgrade that we need immediately, but I definitely think it's an improvement that should be made in the future, possibly after the EDN site is back up.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Deleting Threads/Posts • Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:15 am
I think it would be better to put all of the older topics into another section of the boards.
Sort of like an archive I guess, but with all the topics from way back

Administrator

Post Re: Deleting Threads/Posts • Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:07 am
An archive would be cool, I'd admit. What would be even more awesome is if we took a bit of initiative from Legends Place and have a board strictly to move all locked topics to so we can remove clutter.

But on the deletion note, ressurections are always bound to come up and even if a member wanted to delete their own topic they would/should check with th eothers who posted in it. Despite post counts not mattering beyond ranks, they would go down, old ideas would be lost and just a general stream of regulations would have to be followed for a person to remove their old topic.

Say if they had an outdated post, from like 2007, I wouldn't care if they edited the old post with gibberish as long as they provided a new opinion later on. But hey, that's me.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Deleting Threads/Posts • Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:50 pm
I do like the idea of the archive, because it isn't the fact of them existing...it's them getting in the way of the more recent threads and being an annoyance to sort through. I never thought about the post count thing...I just assumed it would stay the same and would be based off how many you've posted total, not regarding how many still exist. But anyways...that archive would definitely be the best way to solve the problem without upsetting the balance of the forum.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Deleting Threads/Posts • Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:12 pm
Hmmm... I think an thing for old topics would be a great idea. That way, it'll be there just in case the creator comes back and wants to view their topics, so then they still have it all there, instead of deleting it and when they come back saying, "Hey, where's my thread?".

:onfire:

Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]