View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Blags 
Administrator

Post Blags • Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:35 pm
http://xkcd.com/148/

References aside, I thought I'd finally dish this out for scrutiny. I've seen places like Legends Place and the INFAMOUS Golden Land implement this sort of feature on their forums, member blogs. These would be contained in a separate forum only viewable and accessible by registered members of the Forbidden Underwoods. And with any forum it would contain its own rules, such as filtering certain content (mature in nature, but hey, we're all under age here so nothing TOO BAD could be posted).

Inside the blog section members who wish to submit daily or weekly updates about life outside EDN could post about these events, things they are working on, their details of their life they wish to reveal, etc. Obviously there would be nothing in the sense of deliberate sympathy topics or other topics that would break the EDN Commandments. Mature content would be flagged by the member posting it so that readers would be aware of what might be discussed by said member.

Also if it were possible I think a post fence (badum kish) could be implemented so that members under a certain post count would be unable to access or post in said forum. Perhaps a roundabout way of doing this could include that at X number of posts, every member is added to a usergroup that has access to the Blog section of the Underwoods.

I thought this would be interesting as it could offer a more family oriented spin on us members here. I know that certain subjects are easily contained in MSN convos, but a general 'headsup' section of the forum for people to learn more about each other through blogs would be quite the interesting addition.

POW, ENTER CRITICISM AND OR SUPPORT

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Blags • Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:56 pm
I see nothing wrong with it, although I probably wouldn't use it much. Nice idea.

~Samuel Clemens

Terminian Captain

Post Re: Blags • Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:11 pm
Sounds like a really good idea. I'm up for anything new and intuitive here at this forum, because things are starting to seem a bit bland with excessive inactivity at most times.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Blags • Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:18 am
I don't think I'd use a blag much if at all but it is a cool idea and zim is right anything to boost activity is good.

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]