View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! 

Is an EDN comic a good idea?
Poll ended at Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 am
It's one of the best ideas we've ever had! I'M IN! 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
It's a great idea! Count me in! 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
It's okay, i'll support it. 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
It's not that good, it'll probably suck and be too much work 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
It's a terrible idea, go kill yourself and never make a thread again 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! 
Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:26 pm
Yeah I understand. Not everyone can contribute and be in the comic at the same time :p

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:28 am
Joss, the comc would be pretty bland if everyone was helping, we need an audience after all.

Oh and Zzim while I don't pay much attention to that show I'm pretty sure you've done a good job with those sketches.

Hylian Knight

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 am
I agree IZ...I loved Invader Zim, and having you actually be Zim would be hilarious...although I doubt I could draw him justice :P

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:06 pm
Invader Zzim wrote:
Here's some concept art I just drew of my character, "Invader Zzim". It's based off The Almighty Tallest in Invader Zim. The one on the right seems like the one I'm gonna go with, since the other two are basically just direct copies of Zim and The Tallest, where the one on the right is the tallest with a little more body and with actual legs. Perhaps in the future i'll give him legs more like Zim's though, since they do look kinda weird. Oh, and just keep in mind, I'm not an artist, i'm just making the concepts. If we do this i'll definitely be having one of the better artists redo my concept in a better way :P

It's so funny that after you said that, that this is such a good picture of Invader Zim. xD

IRONY. Don't ya just love it? Oh, and you should be Zim...xD

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 pm
Thanks guys :P. And yeah, if I was zim I'd have to alter him a little like Tetromino did to Tetromino, I'd prefer him to be taller(unless were going for a short people style). Also Tetromino I don't get the irony but anyway, I think it's about time I start sign ups. I'm gonna have sign ups for people who want to draw, write, or be a character. Then I'll have a mini competition for who can draw the best looking and most consistent looking comic panel to get the best comic illustrators here. Hopefully the sign ups are a good turn out and we get some great people on the job :P

Hylian Knight

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 am
I would like to be involved in the drawing process, though I feel I am not good enough to produce an actual comic...I guess these are the issues that will be resolved.....IN TIME!

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:40 pm
*facepalm* :roll:

You and your time puns...

Hylian Knight

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:04 pm
They are not time puns....especially since I am only saying 'IN TIME!'....If they were at all puns they would sound like:

"You're messing with the Time Wizard? It's HIGH TIME that I CLEAN YOUR CLOCK!"

See.....Time Puns...

Zora Guard

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:19 am
Hah hah, I know I'm not the greatest artist, but I'd love to contribute if I can help. I am a massive fan of taking life and putting it into visual form. I think that this is the new wave for recording history: comic book form. :)

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:11 am
Awesome, LiB. Go ahead and check out sign ups in the role-play section if you want to help out and be in it. We'd greatly appreciate more help with writing and drawing. :p

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:00 pm
Add me in. I think this is a great idea.

Attachments:
ryu.png
ryu.png [ 167.3 KiB | Viewed 4237 times ]

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.
Zora Guard

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:08 pm
This is a really good idea. Will it feature the users though? Another thing. I'm really busy in school and all that so I don't know if I'll get a lot of time to do stuff like this a lot. I'm pretty sure that I can do it at least 2 to 3 times a week.

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 pm
First of all....We take the person's user name (and any variations they have made over the years) and we mold them into a character of the Underwoods based on details they've sent us and our own imaginations...second, there is a topic in Roleplay Section to sign up for jobs...theres also a list of jobs so you can tell us EXACTLY you want to help in...

Zora Guard

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:56 pm
OK. I guess that won't be too much work. I'll do it. Where do I start though?

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Official EDN Comic: Featuring...YOU! • Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Ninten* wrote:
OK. I guess that won't be too much work. I'll do it. Where do I start though?

Actually at this point we aren't taking new characters, but if you can wait in the future we can maybe add you as a side character in some of the future comics. Sorry but your kinda late, you haven't been around that long, and we have a lot of characters as it is. You'll have to wait to have an appearance.

Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2