View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 3:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Deleting Posts 
Zora Guard

Post Deleting Posts • Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:14 pm
I think that deleting your own posts should be allowed. If someone's computor isn't working, and it starts making duplicate threads or posts, then it would be a lot easier to let the user delete that duplicate instead of making a report. A report will take some time to deal with, but if a user can delete his/her own post, then it will take less time. I know deleting posts are allowed in some sections, but I suggest it sould be allowed in all forums.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Deleting Posts • Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 pm
Well, originally we had the option of allowing a user to delete their very last post, as long as no one else responded to that topic. I'm not sure how that was ever an option on phpBB, since it seems more a glitch than anything...

Anyhow, allowing users to delete their posts was removed the moment Darth actually found out :p. Unless there is an option that allows that same deletion method I explained, I don't think it will be reinstated. It's obvious the reasons why, if a member wishes to delete a post, say from a debate (that has not been quoted), it's just a simple click. This can be done to remove questionable content you don't want someone else to see, like a Moderator. It seems rather picky, that if you don't like something from a post you can just edit it out, but in more serious topics and cases of post deletion, it just has been chosen not to be allowed.

Everyone knows how much of a 'he said, she said' situation can get out of control on the internets.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Deleting Posts • Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:16 pm
We don't have that big of a community, and asking a mod to remove a post will allow them to flex their powers for a short period. Better than the alternative of having someone throw a hissy fit one day and remove everything.

I've seen it happen before. Not cool.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Deleting Posts • Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:18 pm
Then how about only letting a user letting them delete a post in a certain amount of time. After that time, they can only edit it or ask a mod to delete it?

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]