View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 I was actually kinda disturbed at this... 

Is this right or wrong?
HECK YEAH I SUPPORT THIS! 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
NO THIS IS SO TOTALLY WRONG! 76%  76%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 25

I was actually kinda disturbed at this... 
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:06 am
Blue55 wrote:
No, no I don't. I never did pay much attention in history class (hence the reason why I have a C at the moment...), but now that all this stuff about them is getting mentioned, I wanna learn more about them!

Well, mainly I've learn all this because of reading it on the internet...and a few books, like Safely Home and the Heavenly Man (which I've not read...and the reason why they're both Christian Books is China doesn't want the truth to get out.)

Quote:
And what the heck is wrong with girls?! :evil:

The reason for them doing it is because they want to keep the family name and boys are usually stronger than girls. Though, it isn't right to favor one over the other.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Last edited by Ghostra on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile YIM
Terminian Captain

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:52 pm
The outright murder of human beings is wrong no matter which you direction you look at it from. Basically, people should either be careful about whether they reproduce or not or take responsibility for being careless, but nowhere along the line should society try to directly control this by the process of elimination.

Profile YIM WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:32 pm
Quote:
The outright murder of human beings is wrong no matter which you direction you look at it from. Basically, people should either be careful about whether they reproduce or not or take responsibility for being careless, but nowhere along the line should society try to directly control this by the process of elimination.

I agree with that entirely.

Hylian Squire

Location: Mingling around somewhere in the woods with ZE and MtI
Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:45 pm
idk about china but i heard that they can only have 2 kids and if they have more thanthey kill the baby or something. i saw a pic on a site called rotten.com where these chinese ppl ate a baby ...(ewww) i dont support this but believe that the world is to over populated with humans and other speicies are getting the crap end of the stick. species go extinct every year. i think the world isgoing to end in 2012, according to the meyens. the fewer ppl the better. sometimes i wish there was onlyme and september in the world but...thats a whole different story. i just think we should stop overcrowding places and work harder to bring animals out of extinction and worry less about ppl having tomany kids.

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:58 pm
It's called the "one-child policy" not "two-child policy" GD. (do not ask why she knows more then most people in the U.S./Canada know about China...) And to tell you the truth, I don't agree with the meyens. In fact, I think they were only lucky in guessing a few dates.

But, I would also say that over-population is, only right according to the hypothesis of evolution... Which, btw, I don't believe.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Profile YIM
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:07 am
You do realize that america does this as well dont you? Thats what wars are for, a way to secretly lower our population (Or at least its one of the reasons)

Zora Guard

Post Re: I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:23 pm
Glorious Darknut wrote:
i saw a pic on a site called rotten.com where these chinese ppl ate a baby ...(ewww)

Yes, thank you for sharing. Excuse me while I throw up now.

Happy Mask Salesman wrote:
You do realize that america does this as well dont you? Thats what wars are for, a way to secretly lower our population (Or at least its one of the reasons)

Oh-ho! So I was right! It is in America too!
...that is just sick. That's so sick. But I don't think that's what wars are for, though... Wars are for gaining land and protection (I think) and other stuff.

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:39 pm
Most of the time, blue.

HMS wrote:

No HMS, that's not why wars in the U.S. are fought. It's not used to secretly lower our population or such a vile thing. I would say, it will be a some more years before the U.S. tries to make that law...though, China might use war for such a thing if they thought of it.

Profile YIM
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:47 am
haha for all you know MtI, no matter how idiotic it MAY seem, HMS could be right.
they do very other sick things over there in Iraq.
It might not be a very popular topic, but there are pics of citizens and war criminals in Iraq getting horribly treated on the site GD mentioned, rotten.com. I wont say anything about it though, so Blue isnt sick again:)

Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:34 pm
Midna the Imp wrote:
You were talking about China mainly. Being that they are the biggest contributer to this, the one country best done for it.

It is scary, in fact, not giving a person the right to live is wrong. Though, it could be understood in very rare situations, but no one should die because the countries think that they don't have enough. For goodness sake, what China does to mothers because they believe that they're so overly populated isn't good.

So, my stance, is this is wrong, human life is more important then "over-population". Make them move to the U.S. or somewhere instead of killing them because you think you should only have one kid!

But doing this increases the chances of not getting a dumbass President like we've got. Hell, if we'd done this George Bush might not be making us want to kill ourselves today.

Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:16 am
eons of grey wrote:
But doing this increases the chances of not getting a dumbass President like we've got. Hell, if we'd done this George Bush might not be making us want to kill ourselves today.

This is off-topic, and completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Consider this a warning.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:19 pm
within the topic itself it goes against our belief as north Americans but i mean were talking about china witch is a quarter of the land size of Canada and half the size of us and it holds 13% of all human beings on earth. i think what we need to realize is that the china is pretty much a giant city its completely crowded and with the abortion like law i think this would help them and remember this is all voluntary there not doing this against peoples will and with the law of amount of kids you can have i think thats kinda a unsung law here in NA as well how many parents do you see with over 3 kids or even 4 the amount of kids women are willing to have in NA is very reflective on Chinas Law

Imagehttp://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp

Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:23 pm
It's sad how many people don't know about this kind of thing. Another related topic is euthanasia. I personally am against both.

Also, ever heard of abortion? Same basic idea, but not forced like it is in China.

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:41 pm
enarus wrote:
within the topic itself it goes against our belief as north Americans but i mean were talking about china witch is a quarter of the land size of Canada and half the size of us and it holds 13% of all human beings on earth. i think what we need to realize is that the china is pretty much a giant city its completely crowded and with the abortion like law i think this would help them and remember this is all voluntary there not doing this against peoples will and with the law of amount of kids you can have i think thats kinda a unsung law here in NA as well how many parents do you see with over 3 kids or even 4 the amount of kids women are willing to have in NA is very reflective on Chinas Law

Yes, our laws, do you really which to know what over-population is based on, evolution and what are "Natural" population limit should be. And, yes, as stated before, there is plenty of places to live...just not enough open borders. *sighs*

And, enarus, I know about the world population, but China is not exactly like a big city. There are many farmlands and small villages there as well, it just seems like a large city because all we see and hear about are the big cities on the East Coast. (Being that civilizations firm by the ocean and other bodies of water...)

K, I'll get back to this, I've got to eat dinner.

Profile YIM
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:20 pm
I myself cannot vote for this... Yes, you would be a martyr, but sooner or later there will be another to take your place, and you might be forgotten... Sometimes for a lost cause, but yes, you would help probably a good hundred by doing it, but on the other hand, it may be a lost cause... I'd say just immigrate somewhere else so you don't lose your life, yet don't overpopulate the other area... Natural selection is a bad thing, too...

Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next