View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Increased Violence in Canada 
Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:18 am
Whenever I hear/think/see of all the talk that prisoners have it better while they're there than a lot of people I just think about something. If you had nothing at all in your cell/within the compound to do, and you're serving say 25 years, absolutely nothing, you never leave and never do anything else, wouldn't that somewhat drive you a little batty? I'm not really defending the whole quality of life in prison bit, but I just see that if I were in the same spot doing the same thing for years, that's not going to sit well with your head, amirite? They're there to serve their time for whatever crime they committed and nobody wants them to fall off the sanity ledge or finally attempt suicide to get out of it.

Anyway. I was watching on Fox news more about this incident, and I have to say I wasn't expecting who did it, I'd try to write out his name but it's all gibberish to me. Did I mention they also talked about giving him a, what do you call it, psychiatric test or whatever, free pass here we come. (maybe)

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Increased Violence in Canada • Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 pm
*Necessary Bump*

Vince Li not criminally responsible...

Looks like I made the same educated guess several others (hundreds/thousands, etc.) came up with. A basic 'free to go' moment, despite the facility commitment things. This seems like a good time to discuss just what should bar a person from a criminal act, is mental illness, of this kind in particular, a good enough excuse?

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Increased Violence in Canada • Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:29 pm
Send him to a mental institution, in fact, if he is schizophrenic he should've been there anyways. The government is partially responsible because of health care and that they are suppose to protect the regular people of our population from people like Vince Li who should have been getting treatment in the first place if he really had schizophrenic. Which, in this case seems true, thus, I think he and the government and their health care should have taken better care of this issue. Both hold responsibility because he should have been getting treatment in the first place and he wasn't, nor did he seek it. *sighs* Although, one could say that someone who murders a person is mentally unstable in the first place too...-_-

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Increased Violence in Canada • Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:52 pm
That sucks. I agree with Ninja Citrus. On a side note, what the hell, Darth, I didn't know you were Canadian!

ZE Edit: Please refrain from posting messages just for the purpose of agreeing with another member in the topic. (Against all the rules in any forum, but especially here in the SSB

Profile YIM
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Increased Violence in Canada • Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:14 am
Okay, what the *Navi*?! I just read the whole article, and I was litteraly sickened! That is just horrible, from the stabbing to the end... What the hell was wrong with that guy?!
Canada is slowly turning into America with that stuff... I myself would say for the two countries to stop sending violent/horror movies in order for them to be less dangerous, but that's my opinion... It's sickening to hear about one person being killed for no reason... :sick:

Profile YIM WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Increased Violence in Canada • Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:17 pm
(Sorry ZE)
The thing that makes my brain do somersaults is what would compell someone to do something like that. I hope they don't get sent off to a mental institution. They deserve to be off'd in my opinion.

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Re: Increased Violence in Canada • Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:46 pm
There was a link provided in my last post stating that he indeed was committed to a mental institution because of this. But what one has to remember is that you don't get out of an MI until you get better, at least in prison you have a set amount of time. So in a way, this is somewhat fitting. But I do see where you're coming from Feryhagan, sometimes it appears that the only way justice could be served is by an eye for an eye.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2