View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Smoking. 
Sheikah Elder

Post Smoking. • Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:30 am
I broke down from stress one day after work, and went and bought cigarettes about 2 months ago. I'd smoke them off and on, but now I'm becoming addicted. I wouldn't expect much from the younger crowd for my solution, but are there any substitutes that I can use, rather than lighting up?

Disclaimer: Don't smoke. It's NEVER a good idea.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:08 am
Same thing happened to me. Whenever my nerves where shot, I would have a smoke. After I split up with latest ex, I was stressed a lot.
so i smoked like 6 cigarettes a day and then I got addicted. so now i smoke.

If youre not addicted yet then you shouldnt smoke more then 2 cigarettes a day. I smoke almost a pack a day now. Its not something I would suggest.

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:08 am
Chew gum instead of smoking.

I don't know if that could work for you, but when I smoked it was usually cause my mouth was bored... LOL if that makes any sense.

Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:06 am
Judging by the number of commercials I see related to this subject, there are a number of ways. Most of them work on reducing your nicotine addiction. Patches and gum are the two most common ways to quit, though I'm not sure if you need to see a doctor to get either of them. :S

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:42 pm
Both my grandmother and father just took cough drops every time they wanted to light up. Both have stopped for years now, well, my dad, my grandmother started again when one of our personal friends passed away.

I think my mother did the same thing, but I'm not sure. But yeah, like TFO said, although you're getting addicted to the contents, the fact that it becomes part of your routine also affects you, keeping your mouth busy is helpful. I can tell you one thing, if you commonly put a pencil or toothpick or something in your mouth, you'll notice it hard not to.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:04 am
My dad smaokes all the time....I hate it.....never gonna smoke.....

Sir.Link wrote:
Same thing happened to me. Whenever my nerves where shot, I would have a smoke. After I split up with latest ex, I was stressed a lot.
so i smoked like 6 cigarettes a day and then I got addicted. so now i smoke.

If youre not addicted yet then you shouldnt smoke more then 2 cigarettes a day. I smoke almost a pack a day now. Its not something I would suggest.

Dont you mean if youre not addicted yet DONT FRICKEN' SMOKE!!!!!

Zora Guard

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:52 pm
Just a little side note to prepare yourself: Physical withdrawal symptoms include "heavy sweating, headaches, muscle twitches, pounding eyes, insomnia and irritability."
Phase two withdrawal symptoms include "feelings of mild unreality. Since nicotine improves synaptic transferral and improves concentration, when you take it away you're left with a feeling that the world has taken on a decidedly dreamy cast." Or, as Steven Davis puts it, like "people and cars...passing by me on a moving screen..."
Sounds like fun.

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:36 pm
If you feel the urge to smoke, try eating a sucker.

Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]