View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The World 
Administrator

Post The World • Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:40 pm
So hey, last night on my weekly drive home from getting groceries I got to thinking about the world and all the things going on in it/have gone in it and might go on in it. You know, like any other average Canadian teenager. For a few of you this comes as no surprise because of the views I've given to you about my personal distaste with society/morals/values, but hey, this topic isn't essentially about me. It's about me...getting to know what other members are thinking about the world.

Do you think it's a great place full of sunshine, rainbows and innocence? Do you see the world like a coin, with a good side and an equal bad side? Do you find the world a rotten place full of the same description applied to its people? Or do you see it in an entirely unique way...which most people probably do?

This is a somewhat older topic I've thought about making for a good time now, and as my 2700th post, I felt it more than worthy of finally being made ;P.

My view might show up sometime in the future, although you can probably take a good long time and think about it/take a totally random guess.

Enjoy your discussions :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:48 pm
I believe that the world is a great place full of sunshine, rainbows, and innocence! Everyone is happy happy happy and our economy is not in danger of dying! =D <3 <3 <3

No, in all seriousness, I believe that the world is a mixture of many different kinds. You've got the people that have somehow found a way to shut out their emotions and conscious, making them quite the cold hearted killer. You've got the people who's actions seem horrible at first, but looking into it deeper, you see that they've got a reason to do what they do, and usually a dang good one. And then there's the people who think that everyone in the world is a wonderful, kind hearted person. I think those are the ones that get shot.
Now I wouldn't go so far as to claim this earth rotten as well as its people, but it isn't exactly a safe, happy place to live in, either. Yeah. It's weird like that.
The world is a variety of these types of people, making it one interesting place to live in.

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:13 pm
I see the world as a ravaged wasteland, and only a few of us here who can see it for what it is and what it will become if we do not take any actions to prevent that.

Whether it's the US Presidential elections - of which it is like McCain will win - or the Canadian election - the only politician worth voting for being the leader of the Green Party - the world is falling apart.

I have about as much confidence in the stock market as I do in George W Harper and Stephen Bush - err, I mean George W Bush and Stephen Harper.

Societies' morals and values as a whole absolutely disgust me. WHO CARES IF SOME RANDOM CELEBRITY JUST HAD A BABY/GOT A BOYFRIEND OR GIRLFRIEND/BROKE UP?

Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:42 am
I rarely type in this Board seeing as Im never serious but just the other day my school made all science students go into a nearby Underwoods to clean it up......the deeper I went in the more digust I felt......real human beings were throwing all that trash into the Underwoods......I think I actually cursed all humans at that point......and then I got to thinking.....is there not anything we can do about it?

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]