View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Black Friday 
Administrator

Post Black Friday • Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:00 pm
Wal-Mart worker dead

Wow... Now of course this isn't all that unheard of... is it? I wouldn't know seeing as I'm from Canada and at least this County doesn't have Black Friday sales >_>.

My only comment outside of a general 'wow' is almost a humourous one, seeing as this only supports how unruly and blatantly stupid people can be to have something go as far as this all because of shopping.

Discuss.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:40 pm
I usually avoid Wal-Mart like the plague. This news only worsens the store's image.

Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:21 pm
This is crazy! If people can become excited enough to break into stores en mass like that then think about what it could be like if people got that excited about doing good. I'm not saying that this is a good thing that this happend or that it isn't terrible but still...

My morals are intact.

Zora Guard

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:41 pm
Tch. People these days. Weren't there any security guard people to restrain the crowd from going all bloody murder? This kind of stuff shouldn't happen.

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:06 pm
Wal-Mart has a thing for trying to hire the least amount of people possible, and it seems that each time that I hear about the store the madder it makes me. Its like, yeah, I'd expected someone to get hurt, but...murdered? People care so much about those darn deals that they can't think?! The outrage! How is a few dollars off something worth injuring or killing someone? I'd have thought that human life was worth more than that $500 Sony TV they walked out with. -_-

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:11 pm
Frankly I never understood why a Black Friday is needed at all. If people are going to buy something for a gift, they are going to pay whatever for it. You don't need a whole day of insanity.

I'm surprised no one even noticed they were stepping on someone. That or they didn't even care.

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:14 pm
Its the will of the mob. They become their own being or creature, people don't like standing apart from the crowd because if they did they would get injured or killed...accept if everyone did it, of course.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:37 pm
This is garbage; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups, I guess.

~Samuel Clemens

Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]