View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Someone's out to get the gamers 
Zora Guard

Post Someone's out to get the gamers • Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 pm
And it's not fun.

http://tinyurl.com/dmsyfc
That there is what gives Nintendo a bad rep.

http://tinyurl.com/ckhows
And that's kinna old, but still. It's messed up. (Might not be healthy for younger people to view.)

What I want to know is why.
Discuss.

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Someone's out to get the gamers • Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:21 pm
Nice pranks haha. :p

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Re: Someone's out to get the gamers • Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:07 pm
That's what happens when you get pissed off employees or employees who want the system for them self without paying.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Someone's out to get the gamers • Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:19 am
Ah yes the wonderful retail scam, or whatever else in the naming category that could be assigned to it. Before I begin this short spiel, GIAKEN, this is the Seriously Serious Board, the rules are ESPECIALLY enforced here, one sentence replies with no value are not tolerated, please don't make this a pattern. Sorry, I have to leave right now so I'll finish this post when I return this evening.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Someone's out to get the gamers • Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:05 am
Hmm, I'm not sure this is so much people being out to get gamers. I think it may however be people out to get revenge on society, or people simply being silly. The newspaper and rocks could have actually been any number of things:
1. Disgruntled Chinese employee tired of his boss cutting his pay deciding to take his rage out on the public.
2. The DS was stolen in store and replaced impeccably with the exact weight in rocks and Asian tabloids Indiana-Jones-style.
3. The DS spontaneously, on a quantum level, was converted into the current Chinese News on a roll of printing paper with the addition of several mineral deposits...

And the list goes on.

My point is that we gamers are loved by the society we shun. We are the butt of their jokes and the target of their ridicule. Without us, their entertainment values would be severely lacking, so I believe that this is not an attack on one of earth's humblest creatures, but instead an example of the blatant disregard so many humans and humanoids (yes, I know you're listening Xanthoids) have for each other. Instead of working hard all day to buy a DS for himself, a boy may simply take one and leave naught but pebbles for his next of kin. Our world can be a sad place to live at times because of this... but we shall not stand down, nor will we cower in the face of this unrighteous oppression of the spirit! We must stand tall and show the world what truly passes for etiquette and chivalry! No more shall it be coal for a console, nor paper shreds for a stylus. No, it shall be an eye for an eye, a toe for a toe and an adequate sum of currency for a correctly priced electronic entertainment system!!!

[/rant]

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Someone's out to get the gamers • Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:12 am
Ummmmmmm... Alright... >.>

Anyways, you are right, you are the heart of the society because of your extreme "I must playz thiz gamezerz," and all that... =P

But yes, I agree with LiB, it could've been any of those reason that he had stated...

And LiB, you rant like this; "Hoje nos gamers tomará uma posição! Mostraremos as pessoas que nos ridicularizam enviando-nos fingimos jogos e software provar a ira de um milhão de agulhas e cantis! QUEM É COMIGO?!"

Translation; Today us gamers will take a stand! We shall show the people that mock us by sending us fake games and software shall taste the wrath of a million stylus' and water bottles! WHO'S WITH ME?!

Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]