View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Injured Animals 
Hylian Swordsman

Post Injured Animals • Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:11 pm
What do you think about the animals that are getting injured and abused each day?

I think it's horrible. I can't stand watching an animal get abused. I'd go out of my way to help. Whenever I see a commercial on tv about it, and start to cry. I hate it that much. Do you feel the same way as I do about this?

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Injured Animals • Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:51 pm
Yes, when animals are abused and hurt for no reason, then that's when it gets nasty. But for animal testing, it's tested on animals because they don't want to use humans. The reasons are unknown to me besides this; you don't want to kill someone over something such as lipstick to sell to others.

As for meat, animals such as cows, chickens, pigs, et cetera are to go through the lines and be eaten, that's why they're there. We get milk and meat from cows, eggs and meat from chicken and meat from pigs. You won't find a chicken out in the Underwoods without farmers, they are farm animals so if you turn Veagan you could do worse by eating the plantlife that filters the CO2 caused by animals and humans.

When they go to the commercials with abused animals and all that stuff, I do indeed cry, too.

What I have said is from my personal thoughts, and I wish not to debate about this subject so please do not quote and comment my opinions, please and thank you.

Profile YIM WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Injured Animals • Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:16 pm
How could anyone not feel bad about this? I mean, on this forum at least. As far as we know we don't have any deranged sickos. Except MF...he's an exception because he's insane. lol :p

Administrator

Post Re: Injured Animals • Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:45 pm
Animal abuse is always a very onesided argument. And no, I'm not playing Devil's Advocate, because the only 'defence' for the owners of such animals (or even just sick people doing it for kicks) would appear that it's their business to do whatever they please with their property. But then this comes down to a debate of whether you can truly 'own' another living creature that can express personality and emotion.

I am incredibly against animal abuse, I mean, I can't even do anything relatively mean to an animal, I can barely have the heart to move a cat off a chair I want to sit in. Which sounds awfully not-manly, but I don't care :p.

It appears that animal abuse simply isn't an issue that can be stopped relatively soon or easily, if ever. Almost as much as both child abuse, marital abuse and elder abuse. It just makes you think just how 'good' people are at heart, if so many others and other things are damaged nearly beyond repair by us. A hard to swallow reality.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Injured Animals • Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:17 am
I think the key word here is abuse. Injury is one thing: things get injured all the time, I know I do (I've been known to be a very clumsy man), but abuse has a feeling of badness about it... like something intended to hurt something purely for hurt's sake. Honestly, I think it doesn't matter whether it's a person, an animal, a plant OR a simulated character... showing abusive nature isn't a fun human trait and it should certainly be one we might want to try and deal with. I mean, if people are feeling abusive, you've gotta ask: "Why?"
All things have a reason, including human action. Abusiveness isn't mindless, it has intent. Otherwise it's just moving and hitting things. So, I guess, that's what I think about animal abuse... that... it's bad... and that I don't like it. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about the abusive nature of some folk too. It's an interesting matter, and perhaps by understanding it more we can understand how to stop it.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Injured Animals • Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:46 pm
Animal abuse is a touchy topic.

On one hand, it's incredibly sad to see animals confined in such cramped spaces, practically wallowing in their own feces, even worse so when these animals are domesticated pets.

On the other hand, animals bred in captivity like chickens and pigs, designated for the slaughterhouse, while they live in horrendous conditions, are responsible for feeding such a large percentage of the population. If these animals were to roam free, humanity would probably be overrun, as containing all that livestock in such a small space is more or less what keeps human population growing.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]