View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? 

Should the federal reserve stay or go?
Yes. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Yes. But....(please explain) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not Sure 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. But......(please explain) 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 3

Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? 
Zora Guard

Post Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? • Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:32 pm
Ok, so there's been (a lot of?) debate on the Federal Reserve. Basically, the Federal Reserve prints money for the US. Basically, it's the central bank of America and it prints the money of America too. The Fed then loans the money and charges interest to the government and other banks. Then the government taxes its citizens to pay for it. But the Federal Reserve is not a government owned bank. It's not controlled by Congress, the Supreme Court, or the President. It's a private bank owned by private people. Just look it up in the government section of the phone book. I’m serious. Get up, get a phonebook, and look in the government section. It’s usually in the beginning of the phone book. For those of you who looked, you know that it’s true. For those of you who don’t know because you think I’m going to post a picture of it here, then you’re wrong. For one thing, that section is too big for me to take a good image. Anywayz, the fed printing money is unconstitutional. Look it up in Article 1 Section 8. These are the powers of Congress.

Quote:
United States Constitution, Article 1, Section 8
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures

Like I said, the Fed is not controlled by Congress. So this makes it unconstitutional. There's also a video that Justin showed me a while back which made me figure out everything. But I don't think it's appropriate for this site. So what do you guys think.

The last president to stand up to the Fed was John F. Kennedy. He signed Executive Order 11110 which was the first plan to take down the Feds. It could've worked, but sometime later, Kennedy went to Dallas, and never returned. It really makes you think of how much of a big coincidence it is doesn't it? Since then, there wasn't a president that dared to stand up to the Fed.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? • Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:22 pm
before i answer i belive that they need to print more money first i mean first of all the freaking debt pay that *navi* off so when im an adult its not my deal

Administrator

Post Re: Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? • Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 pm
Tasohero wrote:
before i answer i belive that they need to print more money first i mean first of all the freaking debt pay that *navi* off so when im an adult its not my deal

Printing more money makes the value of the dollar go down, and will therefore either make it harder to pay off our national debt or will reduce the value of the money already circulating to nearly zero. Remember Germany post-World War 1, when a loaf of bread cost several million marks? We don't want that.

@Ninten*: I'm not sure we should be eliminating the federal reserve, but you're right; it certainly isn't constitutional to have a private firm controlling it. However, it's not clear to me to what extent the firm answers to the government; essentially, though, it seems it should be staffed only by federal employees. :|

~Samuel Clemens

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? • Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:05 pm
Would that be the best answer though? I mean, would it be better for the government to print money or for a private corporation? I'm not asking if it's legal or not (obviously, the government is SUPPOSE to print money...but what I'm asking is that a good idea.)

@Taso and DL: And they did it to be an arse to their debt-collectors and it also helped Hitler rise to power. Don't go saying, "make more money" because that will only cause more problems. Price of bread, price of water, price of whatever...and the people will NOT get a break if they started printing money like that. It would cause another Great Depression for certain and perhaps decades to get out of it...

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Zora Guard

Post Re: Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? • Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:45 pm
DL, didn't Germany replace their currency with a new one that saved them from thier budget crisis? Wouldn't that help the US? I want to show you guys that video so badly. But there's some inapropriate stuff in there. It explains everything.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? • Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:38 am
Ninten* wrote:
DL, didn't Germany replace their currency with a new one that saved them from thier budget crisis? Wouldn't that help the US? I want to show you guys that video so badly. But there's some inapropriate stuff in there. It explains everything.

Well, that currency actually screwed the people over even more. Also, since posting that last comment, I've come to agree with the idea that we should eliminate the federal reserve.

Also, go ahead and post up the video. Add a warning under it describing the content so that people can judge for themselves whether or not to view it.

~Samuel Clemens

Zora Guard

Post Re: Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? • Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:30 pm
OK thanks. This video is true. I did further research on it to prove it.

There's a giant warning label, so I don't want to hear an excuse for not knowing about the mature content in it. Enjoy.
WARNING: CONTAINS SWEARING AND SOME SEXUAL CONTENT. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Federal Reserve: Stay or Go? • Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:51 am
A surprisingly lucid explanation from a video with so many cultural references. It makes a valid point, and alludes to another: many of those getting screwed just don't care.

But I think we face another problem if we want to abolish it -- it has too much power. Consider this: the federal reserve probably takes in a great deal of cash, yes? Probably several billion, but for the sake of argument, let's assume it makes a mere billion dollars yearly. Now then, a million dollars is rather a lot for any one person, even if they make, say $200,000/year. You know, like congressmen. Now, if the federal reserve were to pay each congressman one million dollars each, it would still have a net income of $465,000/year. And that's assuming they have to pay off congress every year -- they don't. It's more like every two years for the Representatives and every six for the Senators. Further, even if a significant amount of congressmen refuse to vote accordingly they would still have a majority of votes, thus keeping away any legislation that would put an end to the fed.

As for JFK's mysterious death after his executive order, well, if nothing else it was awfully convenient for the fed, and is likely being used as a bargaining chip whether they were responsible for it or not.

/conspiracytheory

~Samuel Clemens

Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]