View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Euro Zone and Government Stability 
Sub-Administrator

Post The Euro Zone and Government Stability • Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 am
This could so be a boring article title on the Internet somewhere. Oh dear me, too much New York Times and Economist reading recently, I suppose. Anyways, let's go more formal.

Due to the collapse of Greece, Spain, and other European powers the European Union is, well, in trouble. Without a government of some type, a fiscal union can't support itself. Governments give stability, though too much government causes economic downfall. That means, there must be some kind of balance and I'll even argue that sometimes that balance changes. There are times like in war or other disasters that governments must be able to step defend their people and to defend their economies. There are also times when a government needs to step back and allow the economy to run by itself. For Europe, however, with no united government to really speak of, they need to apply some kind of government if they are to have any chance of saving their fiscal union and to even save the European economy as a whole because they put said fiscal union up in the first place. Even if they decide to dismantle the union they need to put up some form of government to regulate their economies until they can stabilize (most of) Europe...if possible.

If Europe doesn't step it up, they'll bring us all down with them and cause the world-wide recession to go double dipping pretty soon. It technically hasn't yet, it's near the verge but hasn't quite jumped off the slippery slope into the pit of vipers yet. And I think that they can stop it, they just need some kind of structural entity for stabilization. Anyways, what are your thoughts on the issue? Should the Europe unit forever? Should they put in place a temporarily government? Or should they disband and see what happens? Or perhaps, do something completely different? This is still a crisis, even though all we seem to care about now is the silly Republic Party and their silly debates. :P

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: The Euro Zone and Government Stability • Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:09 pm
Europe is the new USSR. If they keep trying to force their way through, it might go seriously wrong. If we disband, the immediate reversion of currencies will create financial chaos, and all countries with weak currencies (mine, Portugal, included) will have serious trouble competing in the global markets.

So... If we keep going, everything can collapse.

If we disband, everything can collapse.

I SEE WHAT THEY DID THAR.

The main point here is that there was TONS of money badly spent by the governments, and they expect the people to pay for it, as usual. Nobody's happy with that.

Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]