View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 More arts >_> 
Zora Guard

Post More arts >_> • Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 pm
I WAS going to put this in one of my older posts... but I felt bad, because of the three month thing. >_> OH WELL. NEW THREAD. YAY. :D

So, in honour of ZE's latest FF contribution, I whipped up these little doodles. What can I say, I was inspired. First of all, everyone's favourite Dekus:

I tried my darnedest to make sure that they fitted the profiles you did up DL, but I still don't know what chain pants are or, for that matter, how to draw them. >_> Feel free to enlighten me. :D

Second of all, I realized I never actually did a mock up for The Dolomire. So, in response, here is a quick doodle as a rough idea of sort of how I imagined him:

Afro and mutton chops? HECKS YEAH. >_> I made sure to keep the arm tattoo there, 'cause I feel that Dolomire would be a fairly culturally enriched sorta guy. His face markings are meant to allude to he mask of a lucha libre wrestler, as I felt his disposition might be somewhere between a stoic Mexican wrestling champion, a laid back Maori chap and a big time Western wrestling personality, perhaps likened to the stereotyped Hercule from DBZ.

IN ANY CASE, hope you folks enjoy. Maybe do some more stuff laters. >_>

Administrator

Post Re: More arts >_> • Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:53 pm
Very nice, Boot. I can't decide which is my favourite of the group; I'm rather enjoying the 'hair' of Jethro, the behaviour of the Deku Lord, but perhaps the most wonderful is Dolomire in his entirety. I love what you've done with his appearance and the care you've taken when considering the implications of things like his tattoo; I suppose that, if he had a real world equivalent, I'd like to meet this guy.

And don't worry about what chain pants are; I've since forgotten myself. I imagine they were meant to be some hybrid between normal pants and chainmail, perhaps in such a way that the chainmail wouldn't be noticeable under the cloth layer or something. Either way, I wholeheartedly approve.

*Edit: Boot, you should know that your drawings were memorable enough for these characters to be imprinted as my visualizations of their story counterparts while reading. Cheers. :p

I suppose you could also consider this a request for an inked/coloured version of that Dolomire Sketch, perhaps to be used in a wallpaper or something. I do rather enjoy it.

~Samuel Clemens

Zora Guard

Post Re: More arts >_> • Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Not quite inked or coloured, but it is relevant AND wallpaper sized. Did I do good? :D

Administrator

Post Re: More arts >_> • Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Yeah man. Could you bump the resolution up to 1920x1080, though? >_>

~Samuel Clemens

Zora Guard

Post Re: More arts >_> • Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:59 pm
1920x1080

Tadaaa... >_>

Administrator

Post Re: More arts >_> • Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:51 am
Thanks man. :D

~Samuel Clemens

Administrator

Post Re: More arts >_> • Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 am
Wonderful, I'm assuming its relevance in design is to the promised signature Yazstromo flaunted around? :p. I may also use this as a desktop at some point, the vastness of the Hubble Deep Field is getting too philosophical for me d:

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: More arts >_> • Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:17 am
Hah hah, well, if there was indeed any signature to be had, then yes, this is maybe possibly what it might have resembled. :p

And go for it. :p

Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]