View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 omg mikestyles wrote a story! 
Zora Guard

Post omg mikestyles wrote a story! • Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:51 pm
yes indeed i have, it was for my english class and i will admit it is a bit repetitive and even downright lame,but hey i did it in half an hour and it has its own story to go with the writing of it.(which involved its original copy being thrown out and me having to go dumpster diving as to not fail english)

so without further ado, here is the only story i have written in the last 3 years:

A Man's Torment
Mike Styles

He looked at his blackened surroundings, his grandmothers old apartment lay empty and it was only him, with his tormented mind left to fill it. Aubrey looked around, his aged face sunk into the sallow frown he so often wore, he was alone. He stepped into the dim dining room, with its old, antique furniture and messy adornments and he thought to himself "Why?"
"Why am I here?"
"Why am I alive?"
the images, the sounds of his squad members, his friends came rushing to him, they were screaming, agony rang in their voices. It was the memory of the massacre, it tormented him, it was the very thing that drove him to seek solitude in this dank apartment. P.T.S. the doctor had called it, he did not like the acronym,he thought it sounded clunky, like some kind o fancy word for a simple thing. Post traumatic stress was what it was, and in Aubrey's ayes that was all he thought it should be called. He looked around, and for a moment, he saw the field, the field at which he had been ambushed.
They came like hornets, his platoon was quickly surrounded he remembered
"We couldn't have survived!" he told himself. He did not know how he had survived, he had simply lived where others had fallen. The guilt of his living was almost overpowering him, it surrounded him, even in this dark apartment.
He remembered his sergeant's words to the platoon "hold up the flag men. Stay true to the country"
he had not been able to save anyone, and now, that fact haunted him. he wished that he had been killed too, then he would not have to deal with the burning images in his mind.
"Death" he thought would be a blessing, an embrace into the quiet he so desperately craved.
he prayed for death, a firing squad to end his misery, his torment. He had left his squad to die, and now his mind bled for it. the memories of his departed friends throbbed in his brain, he couldn't take it! he stood there, in that cold room, hoping for a release from that mental bombardment, the thought of suicide flashed through his mind, it would grant him the solitude he so much desired.
"No!" he thought, suicide would not solve his problems, it had been a stupid thought, but it still lingered.
A firing squad would what it would be, that would be what he could tell himself at least. they could come in, take their formation, aim, and then, silence. Aubrey cried in vain, to him, life was as good as death, his family was no more, and his life, empty.
picturing the squadron of men, armed all with there rifles, he tried to raise his own, but, he couldn't, he couldn't bring himself to end his life. The thought of himself, unable to end his misery, it made him think.
"Why?"
Why did he want to die? he finally realized that his life was a gift. at that moment the images of his friends and comrades seemed to disappear, and it was finally just him, alone in this apartment.

Wii FC 4156 1068 5615 6910

Hylian Squire

Post Re: omg mikestyles wrote a story! • Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:13 pm
Not bad for half an hour

Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]