View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Treasure from the Archives 
Hylian Squire

Post Treasure from the Archives • Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 pm
I found this in my old hardrive, back from freshman year of highschool.
set into 4 different poems. hope you enjoy:

1. The tear fell from her eye, & into the fire. The steam was rising while she pictured it as her anger. Not anger but anguish. Anguish over the upcoming battle. All around her was fear and pain. She felt like escaping. Fleeing from the adversity under way. She sought out comfort only through memories. The dreaming past that is just beyond her reach. She can almost feel the breeze of her happiness wash over her once more, only to feel it grasped and pulled away. And there she remains, lost in the solitude of unfamiliar surroundings and painful disputes among the wind and snow. As it falls she feels herself numbing. Her eyes grow cold and distant. The fire gives off nothing but unseen light. It hurt. She didnt know what hurt was until she saw the remedies crash below her. She can't explain how it feels to not feel and how life had transformed to a nightmare. A nightmare? No. A dream that had only started a nightmare. But what she couldnt predict was how it would end or when she would awake in her true place. That place, where she knew she belonged from the beginning and where she knew would be the place where she ended up. sitting in the snow, she pictured it now. A picture of perfection: the ideal life of statuesque.  Among the clouds where peace was adequate and love was abundant. Love. Something she had only heard of and had yet to feel. To feel a connection between herself and someone else that was different from any other was beyond her. To look into their eyes and to share every emotion. : these thoughts gave her something. She felt again. she held onto it and it gave her courage. She was newly inspired to proceed.
All she wanted was to be past the nightmare and living the dream.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Treasure from the Archives • Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:36 pm
2.She awoke to the sounds of battle preperations. Had she not gotten lost in her deep sense of apathy she would be gone. Without the consideration she would have fled. Running from those who needed her strong will and direction. The night before, something struck a sensitive spot and despair washed over her. Fear had laughed in her face and she was lost. But now it was her who was laughing with the fury and desire to defeat those who brought her down.
-the battle sequince in poem form..

~across the line
Wind blows into my face
Sheild weighing my left arm down
Sword in hand, a deathly curve
A settling score
With blood boiling rage
in this battle of turmoil
The fresh smell of wet grass
comes with swords raised above heads.
Glinting steel shines in my eye,
i can't see past the wall of death aiming for the kill
I hear the battle cries surround me
I slash my sword with a goal to defeat
I see those around me fall
I can't bear to watch, i close my eyes and fight.
My feircest anger draws me in, i dont know what weary is.
after another my opponents are gone
their voices fall silent and their eyes slip away
I finally open my eyes to see no one in this empty feild but me.
my horse in the distance with mudd on my boots
i pull out my bow and shoot.
carelessly i walk & swing onto my horse
i raise the hood of my cloak and ride.
She left behind a feild of death,
a pool of blood, and a shadow of danger.
A simple arrow in the ground claiming defeat and & pride
she left behind an empty feild
a time of escape, betrayal in their eyes
i ride.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Treasure from the Archives • Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:37 pm
running into the endless mist, only to hit a wall, a solid wall. Pitch black and she can't see where she is, turning around to see the emptiness. clinging onto the only thing she can feel which is that stringe of heat within the depths of her heart. to love and be loved. She can find happiness in the memories of those that love her, for she knows that they are out there somewhere. Her only hope is to find them. now that the battle had ended and the debt been repaid she had no purpose but to find her memories and to be reunited with the long wanted home~
the beginning of her search

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Treasure from the Archives • Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:38 pm
4.and soo she sits..
the silk hits her ankles like the shallows of the coast. warm sand.
like it was nothing she dreamed. dreamed of the flying clouds and the unmoving moon. the moon that would only tiptoe quietly across the ocean above when he didnt sense your eager eyes. waiting. fleeing was only easy if you had a good sense of direction in terms of where you were headed, happiness was clear and beauty surrounded the the countryside, being out of the Underwoods was releaving and fresh open air with an easy path to follow. there was nothing like the sensation of grass between your toes, almost like a soft blanket of fleece on a cold night, but this was the opposite. it was the cool wind on a hot night, the perfect cure of a fever. she wasnt sick but her head was hot and damp with prespiration, mabe of worry and mabye of fear, then again it was probably the pure pleasure of escape. dissapearing from society or existence itself. this simply was a vacation moment, a recess in the courthouse, the simple moment where everything felt right and all you could do is wisper a thanks to the lord and scream a wisper of joy! All she had to think of was waking up to find herself bathed in sunlight and waking to the sound of the rushing waves, how could it be that the same thing that put her to sleep would wake her from a slumbering trance?

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]