View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Breaking a Writer's Block 
Administrator

Post Breaking a Writer's Block • Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:45 pm
I know this section is supposed to be just for posting stories. Well forget that. Now it's a place for posts of any writing relating topics, including help topics, advice etc. I am officially retconning the purpose of this forum. I can do that because I am an administrator. You are welcome.

Specifically I want to ask other writers help for breaking a writer's block. This has nothing to do with the site btw, but a writing project I've been at an impasse for a long time. My problem is coming up with a strong enough plot that's good enough to get me writing though the whole thing.

So! How do you people break your blocks? How do you guys come up with good plots? Etc.

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Re: Breaking a Writer's Block • Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:02 pm
Well whenever I need to block-break, I focus on the subject the my writing will be about....then I just look at popular works in that field and try to get inspiration out of them....

If that doesn't work I just find a quiet area and listen to some music. That usually calms me down to think appropriately....or else I just end up singing.....either way I'm happy in the end :D

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Breaking a Writer's Block • Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:20 pm
I find that discussing with others about the work helps wonders, it makes you stop just trying to write the thing and keep hitting walls. I find I can get very locked up by doing that. Also it keeps your mind on the story while you are doing something other than writing it. I know that helps me a lot when I'm writing FF.

Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]