View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Chatbox Stories 

Post Chatbox Stories • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:07 pm
[This is now dedicated to archiving whatever stories are created in the chatbox.]

Slightly edited, this is the story that resulted one night when BeeX prompted me to do something entertaining off the top of my head. Originally this had just a sentence or two per line and then there was the waiting period for what happened next... Keep that in mind as you read. >_>

"The Witch"
Rated PG-13
I breathe nightmare fuel.

++++++++++

Twenty-five years ago, a witch came to this village. She demanded that every family give up their first born in exchange for their safety. When the villagers refused, she cursed their fields and livestock. She left for 7 days and in that time they died. She returned on the dawn of the 8th day and demanded,

"I want every first born in this village in return for your continued existence."

This time most of the villagers conceded. The first born child of every willing family was given over. Other families refused. They took up arms against the witch and were consumed in scathing flames. The witch only smiled and repeated,

"I want every first born in this village in return for your continued existence."

In fear, neighbors began raiding their friends' homes, snatching children from their mothers' arms and delivering them to the witch. Fires were set to homes by some, attempting to draw out the required sacrifices.

As the villagers turned against one another, the witch stood with the first borns, each standing behind her, eyes glazed over. Mothers grieved, fathers pleaded, but neither the children nor the witch would move. The witch kept smiling, watching the blaze that had engulfed the village.

As a little girl emerged and shuffled to the witch, the old hag said,

"That is the last. Thank you, my dear, for coming yourself." The girl sniffled as she neared. She mumbled through her tears and the witch asked her, "What was that, my dear?" The girl dragged herself to the witch's side and threw her arms around the crone.

"I...said...." she hiccuped, but the answer was drowned out by the screech of agony that escaped the witch. Eight times the concealed knife was stabbed into the hag's back. Each time the little girl said "I'm sorry."

When the witch lay prone at the girl's feet, she swallowed and said, "I'm sorry, mother. Eight times I s-stabbed you. Eight years you left me. Why couldn't you love me?"

THE END :|

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 am
"Beggar"

I cannot think of anything more, rhyming's tough.

-------------
Winter snow upon the ground, it hides a recent tale.
Of when a young man visited, his sweet face very pale.

He had no song nor hay pennies, only his working hands.
He begged the locals for a home, one night not on the land.

Asleep was the baker and wife, and the shoemaker too.
So many of them would not hear, and so the young man knew.

That without a fire near, he would not see the day.
He started knocking windows, hoping not be turned away.

A creak, a wonder, he did get, a sudden answer came.
A small child not over nine, beckoned the man by name.

She knew how to start fire and went to warm up her guest.
Yet when she left, a new problem, the father saw a pest.

Pushed out the door by her father, the young man ran away.
"Never come back to my home!" he shouted with a sway.

In tears she ran after the man into the freezing cold.
Her tears soon froze to her face, glittering like gold.

Father dragged her in again, scolding her off to bed.
Heart painful and so heavy, she laid down her sweet head.

"I wish he would see why I wanted you to stay with us.
He does not recognize you now, it's you that he should trust."

Weeping bitter tears she knew the man would not return.
She mutters one word to her bed as her stomach churns.

"Brother."

- Fin

And then some.

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.

Hylian Knight

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:58 am
*applauds*

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:14 pm
very good

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:24 am
That was really good I liked it 8D

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:34 am
"Leaky"

Yay for horrible bedtime rhymes!

++++++++++

In your head the clown hides well
You don't find this one until
You are asleep inside your bed
And then he comes to claim your head.

Leaky, Leaky tries to play
But he doesn't like the day
When he hollers you can't hide
'Cause with you he is inside.

The lights shut off, it's time for bed
Leaky lurks inside your head

Shoo shoo Leaky, go to sleep
Shush now child, don't make a peep

Leaky's still for another night
So your dreams won't be filled with fright

Go ahead and say your prayers
Leaky slips out to the stairs

Wondrous dreams await you, child
Leaky's gone far, miles and miles

But if you're bad or disobey
Leaky comes another day

So kiss your ma and have no frights
You, dear, live for another night.

And then some.

Pyro Geno.

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:31 am
"Temptation"

"...Would it be an incredibly bad idea to roll around in Skyward Sword music links for 2 hours?"
Why tangents happen. Bluh.

++++++++++

I have sampled from the divine dream and cried tears of joy.

The calls of the sweet Siren, the Temptress of notes beckons.

Saying "Drink deep from the well of knowledge, but be weary of corruption."

"Worry not of sight, but of sound's origin. Do not go searching."

"Close thine eyes and open thine heart to the world lest the silence drive thee insane."

And so man did as the Temptress commanded, condemning their mind but not their hearts.

Lost in bliss, man was blind to the world.

When the Narn of Promise came, man was intoxicated by the sweetness of the Siren's call and had little to stand in awe for.

Minds soiled and eyes tainted, the Temptress whispered to man as they waited.

A world unfurled before their eyes, a Promised world, yet the music rang in their ears

They who gave in belonged to the listless. Those who blinded themselves and stabbed pins into their ears were blessed with wonders beyond their dreams.

Tempted and careless, blinded and breathless. Brothers in arms were they at the end of the dim season.

And I stand with my brothers, and my sisters, full of knowledge, corrupted and gifted, tempered and loved.

/fin

And then some.

Pyro Geno.

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:37 pm
"Consumed"

Spoilers for "Shadow of the Colossus".

++++++++++

Spoiler: show
Wanderer! O! Wanderer!
How many blackened sins are on your heart?
Wanderer! O! Wanderer!
Can't you tell these battles are tearing you apart?

Sixteen fall, and They agree.
You've done well; admirably.
The doors open wide let them inside.
She lies still on the altar, white.
"Not yet, not yet!" you yearn to cry.
"Not now, not now; Mono, good-bye!"

Rise up weary Wanderer. (Sacrifice for another life.)
Rise up, rise up with Their power. (She will never know you.)
Strike down the ones who came for you. (She will never hear you.)
Defend the one you wish you knew.
She will never see you.

Con-suuuuumed by...the Shadow...of the Colossi...

/fin

And then some.

Pyro Geno.

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:12 pm
"Creepy Cave Story"

A present for DL for changing my user name one evening. Cave Story is now ruined.

++++++++++

Once upon a time, on a small island in the sky, a dysfunctional family lived amidst a tribe of rabbit people.

For a decade now they lived inside the island, living off the toxic waste from the labyrinthe's runoff.

The father was a big fellow, blind in one eye but this did not disable him at all. His wife was a skinny, pale being who wasn't quite human but he didn't care.

Now, she wasn't right in the head, you see. She was convinced that her husband was all she lived for, never caring about how she looked. A male build she had, but she didn't mind.

Their children looked nothing like them. The oldest was Sue, a human-rabbit hybrid who was always in her mother's sight whether she liked it or not.

The middle child was a rabbit corpse. Everyday the mother would talk to it, telling it stories and how she imagined the surface. She called it 'King'. Her husband called it "disgusting".

The youngest was a young Gaudi, a roach some might say, who took great care in procuring rabbit meat for his family.

The wife would sigh and Sue would shudder when the Gaudi, never named, wore the faces of the dead bunny people. A few human faces were used now and again, and when they were Sue would lock herself in her egg room and sob herself to sleep.

During these times, the wife would talk to King, asking what to do. She knew no answer would be given but there was nothing else to do.

Her child unresponsive, she would sneak away to the forbidden zone of the island. There the ruins of a long lost civilization sat as did her best friend, Curly.

Across the balcony she crept, up the ancient stairs, and into the throne room. Moonlight spilled in through cracks in the walls, illuminating the chamber's namesake. It was there Curly rested, a robotic head and nothing more.

In a practiced motion, she moved forward and took up Curly with great care. Then she whispered: "I'm so sorry Curly. I still can't remember anything. Everything we did was for almost nothing. You're gone. I'm here." And very quietly, as soft as she could: "But Ballos finally has someone again."

For an endless moment it seems, she stands there, staring into Curly's blank eyes. When the sky turns grey, she sets her confidant back onto the throne and quietly leaves.

This is her life. It's odd and destructive, but she is happy. She has a family, she has a home, and she has a full name. Quote Marks. Former soldier, now full-time mother.

THE END

And then some.

Pyro Geno.

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:17 pm
Not a story. More of a spontaneous poem that erupted after Aka mentioned getting Hyrule Historia and I checked Barnes & Nobles for a copy. They had one. It was reserved. Was happy. This happened.

++++++++++

Waiting for that email confirmation message~ When it comes I know it will be time~ Going to hold it like a philosophy book, of which I only one! But wait and you'll see, you might just agree, the reading has just begun!

Secrets revealed, Ganon's old seals - oh look, there are screenshots galore! Vaati's a god, this guy is a fraud, just look at all this and more!

Splitting timelines, Link stopped some crimes; seeing where actions have led! Failure or success, this cycle's a real mess - oh wait were those things fed?

Concepts and secrets, from up high and in pits. Can you see why I love alll? Reincarnations, time, pages, and seasons. With this, it's time to falll.

Into the ages that Link has existed, theories have all been told and well-listed. Although we have no more timelines to guess, there are still many things that are left.

Mogmas and Vaati, Shiekah and Miss Fi - terrain, races, and more! Just look around, from the forest to town - I promise it isn't a bore! Just find what intrigues you, who cares? Why we do!

So sit back, grab "Hyrule", and read.

And then some.

Pyro Geno.

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:52 pm
This used to be an entire paragraph and a sentence. Is now properly formatted.

Edit: Now the beginning of From Pieces - A collective story of creativity.

"The Hunt"

++++++++++

The tell tale beats of hooves behind them pushed them forward. Slowing down wasn't an option. It was death. Coming to the break in the forest, they found themselves at a deadend. The children were faced with a cliff and a ravine hundreds of feet below.

"I found them!" called a soldier, almost singing.

"Hang the witch!" shouted another. The galloping grew closer and they could see the horses approaching them.

"Oh no," whined the girl. "No no no no..." she repeated as the boy looked from the horseback soldiers to the girl to the ravine then back to the soldiers.

"They can't go any further," came the booming declaration. "Arrest the boy and kill the witch."

"I told you I'm not a witch!" he girl cried, her voice cracking as she began to sob.

"Burn the remains so she can't be revived!" came the almost caroling soldier. Closing his eyes, the boy breathed in and out. His eyes snapped open and his grabbed the girl's arm. A pitiful, suppressed wail escaped her as she caught his intense stare.

"Do you trust me?" he asked, not a quiver in his tone. She hesitated then nodded. "Then let's go." He heaved himself over the edge, holding the girl tight in his arms. Rapidly falling towards the ravine, he pet her head twice and muttered a few words.

A soldier looked over the edge in time to see the children vanish.

/fin

And then some.

Pyro Geno.

Post Re: Chatbox Stories • Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:58 pm
The Tetress « Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:27 pm » FIFTY MORE FUN THINGS TO GO

What started as a little joke quickly spiraled out of control. Contains alcoholism.

"Fifty Fun Things to Do"

+++

1) Crush your enemies.
2) See enemies tremble before you.
3) Hear the lamentations of their women.
4) Throw racous kegger.
5) Invite local neckbeards to feed pets.
6) Watch as pets devour neckbeards.
7) Ride a pet into the sky wearing a flowing veil of cheesy goodness.
8) Ignore the people who are saying you are going too high.
9) Realize you need more beer.
10) Crash into local brewery.

11) Sing softly the song of your people.
12) Let your pet carry a keg.
13) Flee while singing at the top of your lungs.
14) Focus your power and belt out every song you know.
15) Swoop down to the rooftops of the tallest buildings.
16) Grin knowing you are being the best host in town. No, the world.
17) Throw a few shots of alcohol to the masses below.
18) Shout "You are welcome, my subjects!".
19) Make a pass by your home.
20) Do not land near the blinking lights.

21) Do a little dance and realize you really need to pee.
22) Decide that the best place to go would be the mountains. Write your name in the snow.
23) Realize that you can't make it to the mountains.
24) Make do with the porch of your high school bully.
25) Ignore your pet chewing on the bully's pet.
26) Question when they got an animal then dismiss it.
27) Get back on your tired pet and ride on.
28) Start drinking from keg.
29) Realize pet has drank most of it.
30) Watch your pet puke up neckbeard chunks.

31) Start singing the praises of your pet.
32) Ignore how close the building are becoming.
33) Ride your pet into a theater.
34) Stumble out of the rubble.
35) Wake up pet.
36) Acknowledge that the pet is asleep. Shh...
37) Come to the conclusion that the pet will come home later.
38) Begin walking home.
39) Do a little jig while dragging the keg.
40) Laugh as people give you a wide berth.

41) Stop dragging steel keg about halfway home.
42) Come home and discover that everyone has left.
43) Grumble to yourself about the mess.
44) Step over weird red stains.
45) Bide your other pets good night.
46) Go to sleep.
47) Wake up sober.
48) Realize that you did not visit the home of your high school bully.
49) Realize that your pet is dead.
50) Drown your sorrows in warm beer.

And then some.

Pyro Geno.

Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]