View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 2:40 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! 
Hylian Knight

Post The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 pm
Deep within the hollow confines of the shout box, a plan was hatched by one Mr BeeX. He pondered and schemed until the plan was perfect.

EDN should have a Short Story collection for Halloween!

I would be compiling stories sent in from the more literary members of EDN based on the theme of 'Halloween' or 'Horror' in general.

I thought that maybe when all the stories are in and editted, I would compile them and print out a good copy booklet that could be sent to everyone here who wants it ;P

And to make it more EDN Super Special, I was thinking the stories could also be based on LoZ! (I can sense the amount of Majora's Mask stories coming in already).

So EDN....What think?

EDIT

The Collab is on!

A member is allowed to post here as many stories as they like, with proper spelling and punctuation (unless the style of writing requires a more abstract method).

Stories may be based on any subject but must be in the genre of horror or just plain spooky! Please keep the subject matter PG.

The story must be between 200 - 1000 words, and is due by October 31st (I may be lenient if you inform me before hand that you need more time).

Out of the stories submitted I will choose three stories (2 or more can be from the same member) and I will personally award the following prizes:

3rd: 1000 EDN Bucks
2nd: 1500 EDN Bucks
1st: 2000 EDN Bucks

The owners of the top three stories will also be receiving (if they so wish it) a signed copy of an issue of the Stalfos Times (issue number and times of arrival will vary) by yours truly!

So get to it!

Last edited by BeeX on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:27 am
Could I just apply my freaky death story (on the boards) from years back? D:

Actually, it's fine, but we could make this into a contest...with votes and stuff...

3rd: 1000 EDN Bucks
2nd: 1500 EDN Bucks
1st: 2000 EDN Bucks...

And possibly something more by the sponsor...(you)...or something along those lines. :)

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Knight

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:15 am
I was also thinking about such a contest.

How about I offer a fancy real life issue of the Stalfos Times (signed by yours truly) as an added prize for my particular favourite/the one that creeped me out the most. :P

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 am
I think it might be better to let the community vote...:P

Make it in to a pole once you have everything here. Have them post there stories then put the titles in said pull. Have a due date...such as the 31st at midnight your time.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Profile YIM
Hylian Knight

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:54 am
Yes, then I can spend the first couple of days in November to go through the submissions.

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:12 pm
Huh. And here I was thinking of trying to publish the works as a collection of short stories once we were done, but if LoZ is involved that's idea's out. :P Ah well.

So the deadline is October 31st? That's ten days to get a story down. What's the minimum word count?

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Hylian Knight

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:16 pm
I'd say minimum should be 200-300 words. Max being 1000. We don't need novel chapters here *shakes fist at FF writers*

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:23 pm
I like my novels. D:

They're fun. How else will I not annoy you!

Profile YIM
Hylian Knight

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:53 pm
First post has been editted. Collab has been started.

Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 pm
As you may have noticed, I have made a front page post about this, BeeX... not that people check the Main Site that often, but who knows :p.

Also, I would like to offer that the amazing EDN Bank can supply the cash prizes :p. It's all up to you, good chap. :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:45 pm
Sadly I can never do anything between 200 and 1000 words. I always go overboard. :P

And then some.

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 pm
I'll just post this here (for the contest...hey Smoosh, if I can do it, you can do it.) D:

~

A heart throbbed; banged, too loudly, much too loudly. She only hoped it was her own. But...no, there were two beats. One from inside her chest and the other, beating faster, louder, and with an uneven rhythm.

She slowly looked over her shoulder, no one was there. Only her old wardrobe and a few empty boxes lined the far wall and she did not think anyone would think to come to the attic to join her. No, they knew not too and no thief would think anything of value laid up here. She turned back to the notebook on her desk, picked up her pen, and poised it to write. The candle flickered once, then died.

And…the other heartbeat. She stared into the darkness, opened the deck’s drawer and swiftly took out the flashlight. She flipped the switch. Dead. She should have known.

“Who’s there?” She ventured, coolly. She could not let it know her fear whatever it was. She took her knife and stood, her eyes adjusting to the pale moonlight streaming through the small window and frail boards of the roof.

No answer.

On soft feet she crept forward, it was getting louder. Closer. She could hear that other heart. It…was in the wardrobe. She stared. It moved. She stepped back and it moved closer. Uncertainty, she reached out a hand to open the door but it was locked. Even though there was no key.

It…giggled. She shivered. Maybe it was her little sister playing some awful joke on her! She folded her arms, staring in defiance. Then it plunged.

She stepped to the side, barely dodging the falling wardrobe. Breathe coming in gasps, it skidded across the floor a few inches, screeching. Something muttered from within. She kicked the weak, cardboard back in, breaking it. The thing screeched, stopped. Was it dead?

She threw the two pieces of cardboard aside. Then she stabbed. Stabbed. Stabbed. Her heart pounding with adrenaline and thrill at the kill. Her grin growing with each repeated motion. Her eyes shining wildly in the moonlight. Her laughter growing more maniacal.
She finally took a moment to see what lay before her…and wept.

She had killed her little sister.

Profile YIM
Hylian Knight

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:04 pm
Excellent spooky story by our first contestant! Pick up the pace everyone! If only two more stories are submitted that's free EDN Bucks for all participants!

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 pm
Very quick thing. Word count (excluding title): 235
-----------------------
"The Shadow Keeper Trial"

Once a year in a town across the waves, when the trees were almost barren, the oldest, unwed girls used to be gathered near the forest edge.

'Drop everything you are carrying,' they were told, 'Enter the forest and find the den of the Shadow Keeper. Once you have found the lair of the creature, you are to retrieve what you find there. Do not look back and return without being seen by morning.'

Parents were not to interfere as each girl, one-by-one, entered the forest. The paths each took varied, but did not matter. Only those the Shadow Keeper deemed worthy were allowed entrance into his lair. The shadow of an orb, only obtainable by one's own silhouette, awaited each girl it preferred. They would run back to the town and present their shadow orbs, probably too scared to notice how still the air had become or how empty the forest was. These girls were allowed to marry and have children.

Come daylight, the failures were never found. Those who succeeded in their quest were said to have seen the shadows move at the feet of young girls. These same girls, when it was their turn to undertake the trial, would not return. The successors were also said to have seen the failures from their own trial waving at them from just inside the Underwoods, stained with blood and smiling. They had no shadow.

And then some.

Pyro Geno.

Hylian Knight

Post Re: The EDN Spooky Story Collab Spectacular~! • Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:40 pm
Simple, yet effective. This is a perfect example of how little of your time this contest can take up! 1 more freebie spot is left! If hurry up and keep adding stories folks!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next