View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Hyrule Trivia - Round 3 
Administrator

Post Hyrule Trivia - Round 3 • Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:00 am
Round 3 is worth 15 points in total; each question worth 3 pts. The first 3 people to get the bonus question will recieve an additional 3 points. PM the answers to me. You have until May 5th, 11:59 PM.

(Trivia) - If you are forced to spend rupees on arrows, what is the cheapest price you can pay for 30 arrows? State the game and the location.

(Music)The theme featured in this clip is commonly known as "Ganondorf's Theme". Name the games that feature this theme in one form or another. (Note: Not the game where the EXACT song is from, I'm talking about the theme in general. The answer is MORE than one game)

(Trivia) - In Majora's Mask, Light Arrows have different 3 uses in the game. Name them.

(Picture) - The following is an early picture of the Twilight Realm in Twilight Princess.

Name two differences between the picture shown and the current Wii version of the game.

(Trivia) – In the Chamber of Sages, which sage stands to Rauru's right?

Bonus Question
(Trick) – If OOT Link is called the Hero of Time and TWW Link is called the Hero of the Winds, LOZ Link is called the Hero of what?

Good Luck. :P

Last edited by Darth Citrus on Sat May 05, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:11 am
uhhh, don't get me wrong but these questions are a lot easier than the last ones,except maybe the first one but i have a very good idea of what the answer is. The trick is awesome btw :smile:

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:06 pm
Hey Darth the last question before the bonus is a bit unclear. Does it mean Ruarus right or right when you look at him in game? Perhaps thou shouldst clarify?

~Samuel Clemens

Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:32 pm
I also have a question Darth, for the first question does that mean you have to buy them in bulk, or could you perhaps pay for 10 3 times? (cuz if in bulk, there is not one definitive answer)

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:39 pm
Dark Link: It's Rauru's right. I fixed the question so you'll understand.

Zeldaeinstein: It's the cheapest possible amount you can pay to obtain 30 arrows. Wither its in bulk or 3 separate purchases.

Also, maybe it's just easier cause you're used to these questions. I haven't posted any riddle questions yet.

Last edited by Darth Citrus on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:20 pm
Darth Citrus wrote:
Zeldaeinstein: It's the cheapest possible amount you can pay to obtain 30 rupees. Wither its in bulk or 3 separate purchases.

um, you mean 30 arrows, right?
and also, I don't really understand the music question...

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:21 am
Here are the answers:

(Trivia) - If you are forced to spend rupees on arrows, what is the cheapest price you can pay for 30 arrows? State the game and the location.

Hyrule Castle Town's Malo Mart. 3 Bunches for 5 rupees each comes to 15 rupees for 30 arrows. I awarded partial points if you stated the amount but neglected the location and game.

--------------------------------------

(Music)The theme featured in this clip is commonly known as "Ganondorf's Theme". Name the games that feature this theme in one form or another. (Note: Not the game where the EXACT song is from, I'm talking about the theme in general. The answer is MORE than one game)

This one was tricky. The theme is found in FIVE games. They are as follows:

A Link to the Past - Priest theme
Ocarina of Time - Ganondorf's theme/Ganon's Tower
The Wind Waker - Ganondorf's theme
The Four Swords Adventures - Palace of Winds
Twilight Princess - Ganondorf's Theme/Hyrule Castle

Partial points were awarded as follows. Getting 1-2 games correctly earned you one point. Getting 3-4 games correctly earned you 2 points, and getting all of them earned you all 3 points.

(Trivia) - In Majora's Mask, Light Arrows have different 3 uses in the game. Name them.

The three different uses are as follows:

As a weapon - Using it to attack an enemy in any shape or form
Lighting the Sun Switches - Needed in the Inverted Stone Tower Temple
Flipping Stone Tower Temple - Case in point.

Each use was worth one point, so partial points were possible.

(Picture) - The following is an early picture of the Twilight Realm in Twilight Princess.

Name two differences between the picture shown and the current Wii version of the game.

I'll admit, I was a bit stretched for time when I made this question. If I had more time I would have noticed there was more than 2 differences between the picture shown and the current Wii version. Here are the answers I accepted:

The picture is the Gamecube Version not the Wii Version
Midna's Hair is longer than the current game
The Twilight Realm is grayscale, not washed out colors
There aren't any black squares in the sky

(Trivia) – In the Chamber of Sages, which sage stands to Rauru's right?

I knew this one would catch alot of you. The answer is NOT Nabooru. If you look at a picture of the Chamber of Sages when Link stands in it, the person standing to Rauru's right is Impa. I honestly have no idea why. :S

Bonus Question
(Trick) – If OOT Link is called the Hero of Time and TWW Link is called the Hero of the Winds, LOZ Link is called the Hero of what?

Ah, I knew alot of people would say he's the Hero of Nothing. But the key here is to notice that each person is CALLED Hero by someone. Therefore there has to be someone who calls Link a Hero in LOZ. That person is Princess Zelda, who at the end of the game calls Link the Hero of Hyrule.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:22 am
Ah shoot that was where my point went for the Ganondorf theme question. Other than that I felt this was a good round of questions, but Round 4 is a totally different game compared to this one.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]