View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:05 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Hyrule Trivia - Round 4 
Administrator

Post Hyrule Trivia - Round 4 • Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:56 pm
Round 4 is worth 15 points in total; each question worth 3 pts. The first 3 people to get the bonus question will recieve an additional 3 points. PM the answers to me. You have until May 12th, 11:59 PM.

(Trivia) - In the Faces of Evil, what is the first thing Link says whilest riding on the Magic Carpet? (Sidenote: I am not making this up. The game is really that retarded)

(Trivia) - Name 5 different ways Link can use fire to hurt his enemies. (Examples can come from any of the games, not just one)

(Picture) - In Twilight Princess, Zant is commonly seen wearing the following helmet.

Did Zant obtain the helmet before or after he took control of the Twilight Realm? What evidence from Twilight Princess proves your answer?

(Music)Name the game and the location where this clip is played.

(Riddle) - Of all the items you obtain, my strength is nothing to boast,
While my blows on some may seem mundane, I can fell the most nightmarish host.
Stumbled apon or throughly sought out, my discovery will cause some to exclaim,
Though my origins include foe and oceans tresure, the result is still the same.
Once found good hero, tired and warn, raise your prize high into the air,
Your task is simple (though not for some), My Name you must declare.

Bonus Question
(Trivia) – Which of the following statements are false?

a) The Cross item in AOL, while allowing you to see ghosts, is not needed to finish the game.
b) In LoZ, you absolutely need bait to complete the seventh dungeon.
c) Walking though apparent solid walls can only be done in The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask (Note: This does not include things like glitches. I'm talking about things like walls that can only be seen with the Lens of Truth, etc)

Good Luck. :P

Last edited by Darth Citrus on Sat May 12, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:16 am
I thought that the cdI games weren't to be included in HT... anyway, a good round of questions. I'll get started a little later on.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:51 am
hm okay i've got all the answers except for number 2.

and thanks for putting in a cd-i question, darth. you have no idea how much fun I had listening to Link. So much fun indeed.

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:21 am
...wow, huge increase in difficulty here! The riddle certainly does well to beat around the bush but one word gives you the answer. I can't believe that there is a CDI question on here, no matter how horrible it may seem they exist.

question-For the hurting with fire question, does that mean items?

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:20 pm
It may have been a rule when Linkisdoomed was running it, but I never said Cd-i games were out. :P

You know, since I've played one of them, I could totally be mean and do an entire round on it. :P

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:24 pm
Please don't do that, that would be horrible! I couldn't bear answering this last one, good riddens to CDI questions is what I hope to say.
Oh everyone knows you are not a mean person, heh having a whole round may ruin that reputation, maybe, I don't know, that is my opinion :)

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:23 am
Here are the answers:

(Trivia) - In the Faces of Evil, what is the first thing Link says whilest riding on the Magic Carpet? (Sidenote: I am not making this up. The game is really that retarded)

In the intro to the Faces of Evil, the first words Link says on the magic carpet is "Wow. What are all those heads?!". For those that have not seen the intro you can see it here.

As a sidenote, the only reason I put this here is because this thing is DANG funny. I love the fact both the King and Link are unfazed that a crazy old man on a flying carpet just appears on their balcony.

---------------------------------------

(Trivia) - Name 5 different ways Link can use fire to hurt his enemies. (Examples can come from any of the games, not just one)

There were several different ways. Here are some I accepted:

Fire Arrow
Lantern
Candle
Fire Spell (AOL)
Fire Rod
Pushing enemy into ring of fire

etc..

(Picture) - In Twilight Princess, Zant is commonly seen wearing the following helmet.

Did Zant obtain the helmet before or after he took control of the Twilight Realm? What evidence from Twilight Princess proves your answer?

HAH! I knew this one would get alot of you. Zant gets the helmet BEFORE he takes control of the Twilight Realm. The proof is in this picture:

In this cutscene, you see Zant taking disposing Midna and taking control of the Twilight Realm. You can see he has the helmet before he attacks Midna, therefore he has the helmet before the took over Twilight Realm.

(Music)Name the game and the location where this clip is played.

The clip played is from the Wing Dungeon from Oracle of Ages.

(Riddle) - Of all the items you obtain, my strength is nothing to boast, - This object mainly stuns

While my blows on some may seem mundane, I can fell the most nightmarish host. - However it can kill the Nightmare creature Dethyl in Link's Awakening in one hit.

Stumbled apon or throughly sought out, my discovery will cause some to exclaim, - You can either find it in a dungeon or you can perform a trading sequence for it

Though my origins include foe and oceans tresure, the result is still the same. - You can get this item from a Goyira in LOZ or by trading the Mermaids Necklace in Link's Awakening

Once found good hero, tired and warn, raise your prize high into the air,
Your task is simple (though not for some), My Name you must declare. - The answer is a Boomerang

Bonus Question
(Trivia) – Which of the following statements are false?

a) The Cross item in AOL, while allowing you to see ghosts, is not needed to finish the game.

True. This is only needed to see the ghosts in Old Kasuto

b) In LoZ, you absolutely need bait to complete the seventh dungeon.

True. There is no way to get past this.

c) Walking though apparent solid walls can only be done in The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask (Note: This does not include things like glitches. I'm talking about things like walls that can only be seen with the Lens of Truth, etc)

False. You can also walk through walls in LOZ.

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:05 am
*looks smug* I got the picture! I think I did well that round, except a technicality meant I only got 9 points instead of 12... Surely fire arrows of the magic kind and shooting arrows through torches are different, Darth?

Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]