View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hyrule Trivia - Round 5 
Administrator

Post Hyrule Trivia - Round 5 • Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:06 am
Round 5 is worth 20 points in total; each question worth 4 pts. The first 3 people to get the bonus question will recieve an additional 4 points. PM the answers to me. You have until May 19th, 11:59 PM.

(Trivia) - In the Legend of Zelda series, there are three dungeons that currently share the record for the most number of floors. What is that number, and what are the three dungeons?

(Trick) - Name the first pair of Zelda games to be released in the same year.

(Picture) - The following picture comes from A Link to the Past:

What is this Man's Name?

(Music)The following mp3 contains clips from several different Zelda games. What are the different clips and what game(s) are they from?

(Trick) - In LOZ, the Silver Arrow is Ganon's one weakness. Is the Silver Arrow the only thing you need to defeat Ganon? If not, what else is needed?

Bonus Question
(Trivia) – The map for The Wind Waker is divided into a 7 by 7 grid. If you take each square to equal one, how many squares contain islands in the game?

Good Luck. :P

Last edited by Darth Citrus on Sat May 19, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:07 pm
...First ALTTP question? I forget. Anyway, I like the bonus, but wouldn't that possibly be a trick for some reason? heh I like the tricks too,especially the first one, very nice but very risky for it is really not what it seems.

So...the first one means that these dungeons had the same amount of floors a piece? (I know the one with the most EVER, not sure if I've paid enough attention to any others)

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:16 pm
Sorry I should have been more specific with the bonus question. I want to know how many squares contain islands and how many do not. If you have already submitted your answer you can change this one at no penality.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:22 pm
I may have already submitted my answers, with very little confidence but I have a problem with the first one, meaning that if It turns out the way I think than I will be using my one change thing for it.

When you say floors, do you mean just FLOORS since some dungeons have basements, and there are certain ones with a LOT of basements. (As well as having a lot of floors with maybe...1 basement.)

And the only reason I query this is because I found a 4th dungeon with that certain number I said was the most.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:56 pm
A dungeon for this purpose is defined as a temple/dungeon/whatever that contains the following: A compass, a map, a big key and a major treasure/item. Floors are thereby defined as the number of levels that appear on the map including basements.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:59 pm
Ok then, but... I am almost 100% sure that my stated dungeons that had the most, have the most out of them all, but then there is a fourth I have discovered.

-heh, that means the one I was thinking as the most ever isn't a dungeon? No compass, or wait...? Must not be since there are no others with that number

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:39 pm
Darth Citrus wrote:
A dungeon for this purpose is defined as a temple/dungeon/whatever that contains the following: A compass, a map, a big key and a major treasure/item. Floors are thereby defined as the number of levels that appear on the map including basements.

What?! Aw crap, now I find out?! And I just sent my answers, too!

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Administrator

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:41 pm
But you do remember that you have your one change no questions asked option! But then again maybe you were hoping that you could use that for something else just in case, I am still trying to figure out if I need to change an answer or not

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:01 am
Because of the confusion surrounding this question you can change your answer without worrying about using up your question change. :P

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:47 pm
That is very good of you do for us, we sure are whiners aren't we, no offence other Trivia...ers. I know I am, I also babble a lot, but I hope that we won't have to fall to this level again on the next/last round of Trivia.

-Still adament that there is more than 3 dungeons with the same and highest amount of floors...unless I am missing something

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:07 am
Zeldaeinstein wrote:
-Still adament that there is more than 3 dungeons with the same and highest amount of floors...unless I am missing something
This particular question is mine (as are most of the questions for this round).

After doing my homework, I did uncover a fourth that ties the record. Therefore, in order to prevent having a resubmission, naming three of said four would be sufficient, I reckon, to get the question correct.

DC - IM me to figure out the fourth.

Administrator

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:05 pm
...Now I feel a bit foolish, seeing as I kept saying/typing and saying/typing the same thing over and over that TML had to intervene... But, yeah I figured out about the 4th one right after I did up my answers. *Shies away for a while into the shadows of nagging*

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:09 am
Here are the answers:

(Trivia) - In the Legend of Zelda series, there are three dungeons that currently share the record for the most number of floors. What is that number, and what are the three dungeons?

The mistake here was on our part. TML and I didn't realize when we were talking that there we're 4 dungeons that fit the bill. To get full marks you needed to have the number of levels correct and 3 of the 4 dungeons correct.

The most levels is EIGHT and they are as follows:

The Ice Palace in LTTP
The Temple of Time in TP
Ganon's Tower in LTTP
The City in the Sky (believe it or not) in TP

--------------------------------------------

(Trick) - Name the first pair of Zelda games to be released in the same year.

The trick here is I said the first pair to be released in the same year. I never said they had to be in the same countries.

The correct answer is LOZ (released in NA) and AOL (released in JAPAN), both in 1987.

(Picture) - The following picture comes from A Link to the Past:

What is this Man's Name?

This man's name is Aginah. He tells you to find the Book of Mudora.

(Music)The following mp3 contains clips from several different Zelda games. What are the different clips and what game(s) are they from?

This one was very hard. Mainly because even if you could tell there was a small clip of a song at the very beginning, you probably couldn't figure out what it was.

The first song was from the Cavern in Majora's Mask. The one that Link chases the Skull Kid and gets turned into a Deku. It plays until the second song kicks in which is...

The Shadow Temple from Ocarina of Time. Alot of you got this one, but soon it fades into...

The Earth Temple from The Wind Waker. This plays until the last song which is from...

Ikana Canyon from Majora's Mask.

Each song was worth one point.

(Trick) - In LOZ, the Silver Arrow is Ganon's one weakness. Is the Silver Arrow the only thing you need to defeat Ganon? If not, what else is needed?

The points of the question should have given this away. You need FOUR additional items other than the Silver Arrow in your battle with Ganon.

The Triforce of Wisdom. You need this to light up the room.

A Sword. You need to stab Ganon right?

A Bow. You can't shoot an arrow without a bow.

A Rupee. You need at least one rupee to shoot one arrow.

Bonus Question
(Trivia) – The map for The Wind Waker is divided into a 7 by 7 grid. If you take each square to equal one, how many squares contain islands in the game?

This was the cause for much confusion. I should have worded the question so it made more sense. All you needed to do was look at the Wind Waker map, and count the number of squares that end in the word "Island"

However because of the confusion, and because no one got it all correct, partial marks were awarded as such:

If you just said there were 49 islands you got 1 point.

If you realized that the Tower of the Gods and the Flight Control Platform were not islands and therefore guessed 47-48 islands you got 2 points.

If you were savvy to realized that the Boating Course was also not an island, or justified why other landmasses "isles and such" were not island and thus guessed between 26-46 you got 3 points.

Finally, if you found out that 25 of the squares end in the word island, you got 25 points.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:04 pm
I certainly did mess up on this round, just as I had expected/prophecised. But I am looking forward to the final round since there are bound to be riddles in it, which are my favourite type of question, and there will be more tricks right? Of course that was where I screwed up bad this time around. And now I sit and wait another week in wonder of the final questions...sigh

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:52 pm
I think for the last round, I'll try to have one of each question in it, though no promises though. :P

Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next