View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Hyrule Trivia Discussion Topic. 
Sheikah Elder

Post Hyrule Trivia Discussion Topic. • Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:42 am
Alright, seeing as how this was a successful event, aside from me mailing the awards, we're working to HTS II. This topic is open for discussion as to what kinds of things you'd like to see in the next few so we can get an idea for the people.

Starter topics: New types of questions, submission of questions you'd like to see, ranking systems, prizes, special events, special points, ANYTHING. You guys are what will transform the event.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:13 am
Hmmm......OH You know what would be SUPER COOL, if you could somhow make a flash game of Hyrule Trivia and you could call it the Flash Edition, and then people could play it on Newgrounds, Free online Games, and Mofunzone.....You could also mention EDN alot for some free advertizments....

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 am
I think that a good new question type would be Name that Quote. Post a bit of script from a Zelda and people have to guess the character and game. Example: "I AM ERROR." Who said this quote and in what game?
Answer: Error, Adventure of Link.
That could be interesting.

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:44 am
Hmmm that is a smart Idea....and there could also be a Guess Who/What? Picture Question where you have a zoomed in picture on something or someone and we have to guess who it is....

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:20 pm
XD It'd be going all the way if at the end of the round there was an animation where it showed it zooming out to full size and showing you who/what it is...

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:06 pm
That would be awesome especially with some crazy sounds like drum rolls or LOZ sound effects like the Get Item Jingle....

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:20 pm
Open treasure chest crecsendo, followed by get item when it's finished!

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:16 pm
.....Oh that would be cool....How about a question where you have to give us facts about certain characters by the info that the games give us like their past or their special features....Or will that still be in the facts type....

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:32 am
My home is a few blocks away, but I prefer to live in a mansion.
I babysit for royalty, but don't recieve special payment.
I'm familiar with songs that allow you to acess other parts of dungeons
Horseback riding is great for running from Dark Lords.

Who am I?

Answer: Zelda's Atendant: Impa

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:24 am
Yes thats what I meant....like a hybrid of a riddle question and a fact question.....

Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:39 am
Hmmm new question types...What I would like to see actually are hard(er) riddle questions, the 2(?) we had this season weren't that hard. I like the idea of how we could do riddles to identify characters by tips of their past and all that. We could have a quote, and we have to say who said it and what game.

I don't know...just make the riddles harder, everything else was great

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:40 pm
Pssh, the reason we didn't have more riddle questions was my sudden realization on how difficult it is to write a decent riddle, let alone make it difficult. I trust with LiD back in the game, and our new trivia writer, we shouldn't run into that problem again. ;D

You have to admit though, my picture question at the end was a doozy, eh Zeldaeinstein? :P

*EDIT* I suppose I should also elaborate on why I didn't do some of the suggestions posted here, such as the quote and so forth. I tried to make the questions as "internet proof" as I could, so people couldn't just "cheat" to find the answer. That's why as the game progresses, the questions usually involve more than one game.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I took great care in creating the music questions, so a person with the complete soundtrack couldn't just find the song in their tracks. That involved removing the Mp3 tags, splicing the song to just a clip, adding the fade in fade out, etc.

So my suggestion is, whatever changes you decide to make for round 2, make sure they can't easily be answered via a simply google search.

That is all.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:02 pm
Yes indeed that was a doozy DC, like I have said before, OOS was sitting in front of my computer in the last 15 mintues...oh I felt so stupid after that. :P

I like writing riddles. I lke making internet proof questions, at least I think I am good at that since I fooled (almost) everybody over at SRF with my riddles and questions, just ask HMS.

ZE, yeah I don't really see how you can improve on this game

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:48 pm
Linkisdoomed wrote:
My home is a few blocks away, but I prefer to live in a mansion.
I babysit for royalty, but don't recieve special payment.
I'm familiar with songs that allow you to acess other parts of dungeons
Horseback riding is great for running from Dark Lords.

Who am I?

Answer: Zelda's Atendant: Impa
As long as it's a little harder, it sounds like fun.

Administrator

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:38 pm
Just wanted to put up one of my tricks, I think it is a hard one, but I think I dropped too many hints, nonetheless people were tricked. Vote for harder tricks!

To receive me takes a feat that is double the norm. I shine upon happy pairs when finally brought within the grasp of the two in question. The darkness does not impede my glory, the world's edge waits for me in the house of love. A thief of grand mischeiviousness stole me from my half life, join me with my opposite and so the new shall become yours. What am I? (Riddle)

Yay for the Sun mask.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next