View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application 
Zora Guard

Post EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:50 pm
Welcome to the EDN Pokemon League Challengers Thread!

If you are interested in battling the EDN E4, please leave a message here along with the Pokemon team you plan to challenge the E4 with. Just the pokemon list, no need to tell us about hold items or movesets so that we can ensure the non-use of Ubers.

Also, please indicate what type of battle you would prefer, whether it be a casual face-off against one of the E4, or if you'd like to attempt a full challenge and battle all 4 of us.

Thanks! We look forward to your participation!

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:47 am
TemjinZero wrote:
Welcome to the EDN Pokemon League Challengers Thread!

If you are interested in battling the EDN E4, please leave a message here along with the Pokemon team you plan to challenge the E4 with. Just the pokemon list, no need to tell us about hold items or movesets so that we can ensure the non-use of Ubers.

Also, please indicate what type of battle you would prefer, whether it be a casual face-off against one of the E4, or if you'd like to attempt a full challenge and battle all 4 of us.

Thanks! We look forward to your participation!

No. Just d/c if they have an Uber. Also, relisting the rules in this thread would be useful. After all, with your exemption of movesets, what if they're running something hacked, such as a Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Azumarill or X-Scissor Heracross?

Zora Guard

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:32 am
So... are you implying we ask that they submit a complete list of pokemon and moves. :|

This league is limited to the users of this forum more or less. I am fine with no pokemon list submission, but that doesn't change hacked moves/stats. In fact, people could technically just lie about the whole thing anyways. We're operating on the honor system, and if there are hacked movesets, they're usually pretty obvious.

So, we'd better not catch YOU hacking up some pokes. >:|

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 am
I'm in when all of the elite 4 are ready, for a full challenge. I'd sooner not submit a pokemon list as surprise is a major part of competitive pokemon strategy, but I can confirm none of my Pokemon are Ubers (and that includes the two recent Uber additions, Latias and Salamence).

I'll take it Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause and Species Clause will be in place for the E4 challenges?

(Also, since battles will be taking place over Wi-Fi, Weather Clause might be an idea, to avoid the possibility of Acid Rain, which can really mess up a battle.)

Last edited by brainiac01 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:05 am
WHAT THE HECK. Latias went back to Ubers too now?

Smogon seriously enjoys depriving me of my dragons.

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 pm
Yeah. The OU tier now only houses Dragonite, Flygon and Kingdra (all still awesome), with Altaria still sitting around in UU. Still, I'm glad Latias and Salamence are gone, they've always been major pains to my Shoddy Battle team. And a lack of Salamence now lets Dragonite shine as it did back in Gen 1 and 2.

It may be a few days until my team is fully finished now; I neglected the fact that Rotom-A can't be taken into wi-fi and reverts back into the regular rubbish-stats-and-reduced-movepool version, even if the games connecting are Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver. I should have a replacement made shortly.

Also ignore my Freeze Clause mention in my previous post, since that's impossible to police in wi-fi battles. Why they don't implement that and Sleep Clause officially in the main series is beyond me; both of those rules are in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:06 pm
I recently downloaded Leaf Green ROM, and im pretty sure I have a patch that allows me to access Wi-Fi battles or something or other. Im not sure if this will let me play you guys though.

P.S: If this doesnt work, im sure I can find a patch that does work or something.
I would destroy you all in POKeMON battles if given the chance. I have blue yellow silver crystal ruby emerald and I dont need to play the 4th generation to know that Im the POKeMaster!!!! ;P

Goron Warrior

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 am
@Sir.Link: You'll be so far out of the metagame if you've never played a 4th Gen game, but there are easy (and legal) ways to play online pokemon battles.

Go download yourself Shoddy Battle if you want a way to easily play online battles. The Smogon Server is the best place to play for most people, but you'll have to look over the tier lists on Smogon to see where the pokemon fit into the 4th Gen metagame. Or you could track down Netbattle for 3rd Gen simulation.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:55 am
I really dislike Shoddy Battle. No movement whatsoever. Toxic Spikes is the way to go though, I really pwned it up.

Zora Guard

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:45 pm
Ehhh... where are the rest of them anyways. I'd better check to make sure I have my team ready, though Smogon seems bent on ruining me.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:25 pm
try the gary oaks frontier or whatever its like 3rd 4th on the list

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:31 am
I'll play you guys on Shoddy later. I've been out of Pokémon lately, been focusing on improving my Brawl game. Quite a bit rusty, but I think I have a decent team.

And it's really easy to just use Shoddy for battles to prevent hacked movesets and stats. I personally prefer Pokémon Online, but I need to update the client and their site's down atm.

Just ftr, I'm often on Smogon's shoddy battle server under either Supreme Dirt, Supreme Fro, or Guaaaaaaaaarez.

So yeah, this'll be a full challenge.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:31 am
@Supreme Dirt: I'll challenge you if I ever see you on Shoddy. I've not been on it much lately but I'm getting back into playing it regularly now, my Shoddy name is BeeZeroOne.

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:48 pm
Oh, should let you all know that Pokemon Online's site is back up, pokemon-online.eu, so now I'll be using that over Shoddy. They recently readded sound, so that's nice.

I'm almost always Supreme Dirt's Fro there.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: EDN Pokemon League Challengers Application • Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:13 am
How accurate is Pokemon Online at simulating exact game mechanics compared to Shoddy? I might give it a go some time, as long as it's an accurate simulation and battles are quick (which is the main reason I stopped using chatrooms + Wi-Fi to play).

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next