View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- 
Administrator

Post Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:44 pm
Yes, finally, here are the second round of questions, on time and ready to be viewed. Everybody purchase a watch for my sanity :p

Hyrule Trivia Season Five -Round 2- Questions

1. (Music) HTS5 Music #2
Describe the situation that takes place at the point that this musical cue is heard.

2. (Trivia) How many individual boomerangs can be found in FSA's Lake Hylia level?

3. (PictuRisk)
Name each Zelda game where this symbol and variants of this symbol appear and where they are first found.

4. (Riddle)
Vanishing - twirling - prepared for the fight.
Riding to battle, a flash of the night.
Darkness - a demon - a cackling beast.
A ghoul of Link's nightmares, to say the least.
Though cleaved by your blade, I shan't be erased,
Though cast between realms, I'll regain my place,
Reigning in woodlands or lab'rinth submerged,
By my maker's name, all good shall be purged!
Who am I?

5. (Trivia) In Majora's Mask, which character calls Goron Link "a foreigner" if you talk to him/her/it?

That's it for this round. And yes, there IS a hybrid question this time, a brand spanking new invention this Season. We just never made a big to-do about it. Hybrid questions are listed in PURPLE and are generally just a fancy way of combining question types. The best part? We can now make any question a Risk question if we deem it necessary, like now. So be careful!

All answers must be submitted to me, Zeldaeinstein, by 23:59 GMT -4 on July 11th, next Sunday.

Good Luck!

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:49 am
Just a note: I think you should extend the abbreviation "FSA" to Four Swords Adventures. I could understand it fine, it's just that abbreviating the names of the games seems kind of unprofessional and trashy.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:24 am
Could you define "variant" in some way? I suppose what I'm asking is how much actual variation is considered to still resemble the image in question #3, considering that most of LoZ'z symbols have very similar design patterns...

▲ ▲

Check out my site: The Legend of Cosplay! I commission costumes/props/accessories for your ultimate cosplay! (Zelda, of course, is my specialty!)
http://www.linksliltri4ce.webstarts.com

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 pm
Variant involves the design of the symbol to the point that you almost cannot discern them from each other if say one was spun at 90 degrees or say the spacing between parts of the symbol is larger or smaller (obtuse or acute)

As another note:

FSA is fine as it is, understood?

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:27 pm
Zeldaeinstein wrote:
As another note:

FSA is fine as it is, understood?

Pfft, alright :p it was just a suggestion

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:30 am
Zeldaeinstein wrote:
Variant involves the design of the symbol to the point that you almost cannot discern them from each other if say one was spun at 90 degrees or say the spacing between parts of the symbol is larger or smaller (obtuse or acute)

What about mirror images?

Timeline
Spoiler: show
Adult:.............- WW/PH - ST - FS - FSA - ALttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\
Child:............../MM - TP
Yes, I recognize that this is wrong according to Hyrule Historia, but I keep this up for old time's sake.

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:31 am
Mirror images are also included in variations. As long as I can look at the image and be like 'hey wait, this looks A LOT alike to this' then it is perfectly acceptable. I realize it's rather vague but I don't think there will be any problems with it, after all, it is a hybrid question :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:00 pm
Could you define what you mean by "individual boomerangs" in question 2?

Also from what I understand Ocarina of Time and Master Quest count as two different games.
Is there any others that would also be counted as seperate?

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 2- • Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 am
In general you don't HAVE to namedrop Master Quest unless the question specifically is about the game. This means that if anyone lists it in an answer that asks for a list of Zelda games, it is 'more correct' but it isn't mandatory.

Such as 'What games include a fairy guide?' We know Ocarina of Time has one, does Master Quest have to be listed? Not really, it in itself is Ocarina of Time with tweaks. But hey, if it makes everyone feel better, just list Master Quest whenever you can :p

Individual boomerangs means collectable boomerangs. They don't have to be the same kind, if it was I would have used 'unique' which, obviously, they are not :p

As of this post there are roughly 12 hours remaining of the Round.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]