View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:25 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers 
Administrator

Post Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers • Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 pm
I know you all have been waiting for this, so I'll keep the suspense to a minimum. Are you ready?

Yes?

Maybe?

Okay, here we go ;P

Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers

1. (Risk) What is the minimum amount of rooms in the Fire Temple required to reach the boss chamber of the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time: Master Quest? Assume that the boss chamber itself does not count as a room, and that repeat visits to any given room do not count.

Ans. You only have to visit 7 rooms. The Risk in this question comes not from the definition of a room but from the knowledge of Ocarina of Time in general. It is perfectly possible to break the Medallion collection order. By skipping the Fire Temple completely and finishing the Water Temple, you are able to activate the cutscene in Kakariko with Sheik. From there you can complete the Shadow Temple and acquire the Hover Boots. You can use the Hover Boots, after collecting the Megaton Hammer and Boss Key, to float over to the Boss Door.

2. (Music) HTS5 Music #3-1
List everything that can be purchased where this song is heard.

Ans. This song is found in Four Swords Adventures. It is heard in four places:

a. You hear this song while learning your Formations at Lake Hylia. You purchase: Nothing.
b. You hear this song while playing a game at an Arrow Shooting Gallery in the Village of the Blue Maiden. You purchase: Nothing.
c. You hear this song in Kakariko Village while you try to feed a hungry Zora fish. You purchase: Nothing.
d. You hear this song in the Desert of Doubt while playing a chest game with a Zuna. You purchase: The opportunity to open a chest to win more Force Gems.

3. (Riddle)
When I am complete, I'm seen just one time,
Bringing the Hero toward journey sublime.
A blast from the sky then tears me apart,
Allowing a new adventure to start.
What am I?

Ans. Link's boat in the opening of Link's Awakening.

4. (Music) HTS5 Music #3-2
In this question...
Dungeon-Specific item: refers to any item that is found only in that dungeon.
Inventory item: refers to any item that can be equiped and used by Link.
Dungeon X: can refer to any dungeon in the Zelda series.

Assume that the boss key can be obtained in the same room as the dungeon-specific item.
Assuming the location where you hear this music is in or before Dungeon X.

With this information, answer the following:
-How many rooms absolutely must be travelled through to complete Dungeon X?
-How many inventory items are you required to use in this dungeon to complete Dungeon X, and what are they?

Ans. This song is from Oracle of Ages and plays in Crown Dungeon. Using the definition that a room involves the screen scrolling and you acquiring the Boss Key with the Cane of Somaria, you must traverse 16 rooms to complete the dungeon (collect the Essence of Time).

The inventory items you are required to use (there are 4) are: Roc's Feather, Seed Shooter, Cane of Somaria, and your Sword (for Smog).

5. (Challacy) Under normal Challenge and Fallacy guidelines, list all correct statements found in the following details about A Link to the Past.

a. There are a total of 9 trees you can speak to in the Dark World

b. There are a total of 4 squirrels that run across the screen in the Master Sword grove upon entering.

c. There are a total of 5 telepathic messages (the speaker is not physically present or is not a physical being.) that you MUST (are mandatory) listen to in the course of the game. (Opening to closing)

d. There are a total of 6 places where the Book of Mudora can be used.

e. There are a total of 5 creatures you can buy information from in the Dark World (not including the creature in front of the bonus dungeon).

f. There is a total of only 1 necessary, player chosen, time you must use the Flute to travel.

g. If you collect all inventory items, useable or equipped automatically (such as a tunic), there are 10 items that have the descriptor 'Magic' or 'Magical' in their titles.

Ans. The correct statements are: A, E, and F.

Details:

a. There are 9 trees you can speak to. There are two near the Haunted Grove. There are 3 in or bordering the Village of Outcasts. There are two near the Bomb Shop. There is one near the Shield shop, and there is one near the broken bridge to the east of the Sanctuary Cave.

b. There are only 3 squirrels that run across the grove.

c. There are only four mandatory telepathic messages. The opening message from Zelda, the message you receive from Sahasrahla after drawing the Master Sword. The cry for help Zelda issues when she is kidnapped after you pull the Master Sword. And finally, the message Sahasrahla gives after you arrive on the Pyramid of Power. The 'Hurry Up' message Zelda gives you in the intro level of Hyrule Castle is not mandatory, as it can be skipped if you perform your task at a reasonable speed, therefore it is not counted. Also, some can argue that the Triforce's Essence is speaking telepathically, but the medium of it speaking to Link is questionable, therefore it is not counted.

d. There are only 4 places you can use the Book of Mudora. To open the Desert Palace, to read the Master Sword Pedestal, and to read the tablets to receive Bombos and Ether Medallions.

e. There are 5 creatures that you can buy information from. The Fortune Teller north of the Village of Outcasts, a cave to the south of the Palace of Darkness, a cave to the far east of the Ice Palace (the Light World equivalent where you find the Ice Rod), in the cave where the Sanctuary stands in the Light World, and in a cave to the East of Misery Mire in the Swamp of Evil.

f. There is only 1 player activated time you must use the Flute to travel. This is to travel to a cliff over looking the Desert of Mystery in the Light World. You pick up one of the stones to find a portal to the Dark World, into the Swamp of Evil. This is the only way to reach the sixth dungeon in the Dark World.

g. There are 11 items with descriptors Magic or Magical. Originally I intended this to be true but I made a tired miscount after having the correct number in the first place, curse you sleep!. The items are as follows:

4 Magic Bottles
Magic Mushroom
Magic Powder
Magic Potion/Medicene of Magic
Magical Boomerang
Magic Mirror
Magic Cape
Magic Hammer

The trick WAS to pay attention to the dialogue boxes when you collect the items. The Magical Boomerang, the bottles and the mushroom are called Magic ____ when you find/receive them, but the inventory screen leaves these out. Oh well, this will remind me not to do this stuff when I'm tired :p

If you listed one of the three letters as false, you receive 2 points (the incorrect false cancels out one of your correct letters.) Having two of the answers listed as false instead of true, gives you zero points.

I hope you all enjoyed this round, as challenging as it was. Just watch out for Round 4 :p Go there now!

Love, The HT Team.

(This topic was posted in the Sanctum at 11:15 PM to be moved at 00:00 July 19th)

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers • Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:56 pm
I just have one thing to say about question 1.

Touche. :lol:

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers • Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:43 pm
bro

Quote:

a. You hear this song while learning your Formations at Lake Hylia. You purchase: Nothing.
b. You hear this song while playing a game at an Arrow Shooting Gallery in the Village of the Blue Maiden. You purchase: Nothing.
c. You hear this song in Kakariko Village while you try to feed a hungry Zora fish. You purchase: Nothing.
d. You hear this song in the Desert of Doubt while playing a chest game with a Zuna. You purchase: The opportunity to open a chest to win more Force Gems.

its also found in link to the past, when you purchase the opportunity to get 1, 20, or 50 rupees
str8 trippin dawg

Terminian Captain

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers • Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:37 pm
Stone Mask wrote:
bro

Quote:

its also found in link to the past, when you purchase the opportunity to get 1, 20, or 50 rupees
str8 trippin dawg

Listen to the sound file more closely though, it's different quality. You're not only listening for the tune that's being played but for the exact music. Like, Zelda's Lullaby is heard in many games but that doesn't mean it's the same song every time, because they are played differently. Make sense? :P

Goron Warrior

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers • Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 am
Ooh, harsh. Unless you decided to give partial values for question 5 I'm in the negative XD

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers • Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 am
*navi*

I did the same thing Stone Mask did :down:

▲ ▲

Check out my site: The Legend of Cosplay! I commission costumes/props/accessories for your ultimate cosplay! (Zelda, of course, is my specialty!)
http://www.linksliltri4ce.webstarts.com

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers • Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:35 pm
Invaderzzim wrote:
Make sense? :P

bro dawg u dont hav 2 talk down 2 me like that mah nizzle, you dig?
jus cuz u cheatin

Terminian Captain

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Answers • Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 pm
Stone Mask wrote:
Invaderzzim wrote:
Make sense? :P

bro dawg u dont hav 2 talk down 2 me like that mah nizzle, you dig?
jus cuz u cheatin

Didn't mean to "Talk down" to you, I'm just trying to help out. Sorry if you took it that way :p

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]