View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- 
Administrator

Post Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:31 pm
THIS IS IT! The end of the Season is upon us. This has been one of the most successful seasons in the competition's history, maybe not in participants but in how smoothly it ran. But what do you guys care? You're all here for the points and the announcements!

This Season was a tough one and the scoreboard reflects it as such, but at the end of the Competition the Top Three, well, they were even far away from one another. That is, between 2nd and 3rd there was nearly 40 points difference.

I want to congratulate you all for taking part, but now it's time to congratulate the true winners of Hyrule Trivia (sappily, yes, you all are winners but, well, you know :P). There was only a two point difference this year between our Champion and Runner-Up, I imagine the two of them will be relieved and pulling out their hair. :p

Now let me speak what the Scoreboard has already said:

CONGRATULATIONS to Dream Illusionist, the Hyrule Trivia Season Five Champion!

Matching the previous leader in scores, Invaderzzim until Round 3, where he fell behind by six points, Dream Illusionist took First Place with 78 points!

You may want this: Image

CONGRATULATIONS are to be awarded to Invaderzzim for placing Second Overall in Hyrule Trivia Season Five! After nearly winning the whole competition and helping the team immensely in Round 3, Invaderzzim was defeated by a Nejiron, the answer that pulled DI above him. Either way, a hearty congraulations. Especially because: Invaderzzim scored 76 points!

Now onto the final order of business, our Third Place prize goes to:

SUSPENSE

SUSPENSE

NO ONE! That's because Braniac01 and Linox are TIED at 39 points for the gauntlet of 3rd place! For the first time in Hyrule Trivia history we finally have our very first tiebreaker! We will decide who becomes the last person to enter the Champion's Circle with just one question. As of posting this topic I will send the two members the same question. They will have two days to respond. The first person who responds correctly will earn the final prize.

This year is just filled with excitement isn't it? :p

But beyond that business I want to express my joy for this forum, the Hyrule Trivia Sages and all of you that helped make this Season another successful one!

To Darth Citrus: You remain to be the most awesome Administrator I've ever met. Though on the other hand I haven't met very many... But we have some good memories. Props go out to the big DC for running this extravagant Site and Forum and for providing the Prizes that our Top Three will be receiving! (Make sure you contact DC about that guys, also make sure to post which prize you want in the Prizes Topic!)

To Zender: Yet again you amazed us with your amazing graphics. The userbar is always a great sign of how creative this competition can be. Zender also provided many of the music questions you guys had to face throughout the year. Continuing on with the new tradition of a bonus puzzle, he's also responsible for holding that almost impossible goal over all your heads for over a month :p. Also, his scoreboard remains beautiful, just like his heart :O

To Alpha: Alpha, you have amazed me time and time again. First as my competition three years ago, as a contestant and still now as a Hyrule Trivia Sage. Your questions are also creative and unique, and I'm in love with your riddles. Alpha provided many of the run of themill questions you saw this Season, so you can thank him for your crying spells at night :p. Because of your great service to the Hyrule Trivia Team, I've invited (and you've since accepted) a permanent position on your bench! Congratulations to Alpha, for like... the millionth time.

To Nabeshin: Last year's champion, Nabeshin also has been very amazing these last few years. Proving amazing competition for Alpha two Seasons ago and managing the only true PERFECT SEASON, Nabeshin was a great asset for the HT Team. He provided some of the questions you all had to answer this Season, and you can blame him for having to become THAT much more acquainted with Tingle's image. I know, he is sadistic, isn't he :p.

And with that, I, as Hyrule Trivia host, continue the tradition of offering a Hyrule Trivia Sage position to this year's Champion. We would be honoured if Dream Illusionist would join our team for the next two years!

That's that, folks. There's nothing else to see here, besides final congratulations to the Top Three, our Hyrule Trivia Sages and all the contestants that tested their brainmeat involving all things Zelda! This is Zeldaeinstein, signing us out of Hyrule Trivia Season Five.

I can speak for the Hyrule Trivia Team that we hope to see you all next year, let's make Season Six even better!

Love,

ZE, DC, Zender, Alpha, and Nabeshin.

But especially me :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 pm
And I also enjoyed participating and losing every single year at trivia :D You guys are truly a devious bunch.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:49 am
Good game, guys!..even though i epically failed. It's my first HT, so what did i expect?...<sigh>...I'm going to go study zelda for another 86 hours... :clap:

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 am
After only three hours after forwarding the bonus question, the Hyrule Trivia Season Five 3rd place honour goes to:

Brainiac01. By answering correctly before Linox, he will claim the final prize. Congrats to you, Ben. :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:48 am
Yay, third! :D

This has been a great contest everybody. Well done HT Sages for creating such devious questions, and congrats Dream Illusionist and Invaderzzim.

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 pm
:P . I failed! I need to play the oracle games, ALttP, LA, and the original Loz...

"...It's not going so well. I lit myself on fire." -Caboose.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 pm
Excuse me for a moment as I try to regain calm.

...on second thought, what the heck; YAHOO!

I'm really struggling with words at the moment out of sheer excitement and happiness, so I guess all I can really say is thank you. A huge thanks to all the Trivia Sages for making such an entertaining season (even if I was close to tearing my hair out several times), all my friends who stood by me as I ranted about the several questions, trying to make sense out of some, and... well, yeah. ^^;

An extended congratulations to Invaderzzim for getting second place; you were a great rival ( ;) ) and I honestly thought you were gonna win after the Round 3 results were out. ^^; Congratulations to brainiac02 for getting third place as well, and everyone that participated - even getting some of these questions right can truly be a daunting task, as I found out. >>;

I'm not really sure what to say but... thank you, and I'll be proud in having that in my signature ^_^ (maybe I should print it and make a T-Shirt with it. *SHOT*). And I'd love to be a part of the team!

So... in short (tl;dr), congratulations to you all, and thank you!

...except for the Sage who made question 3 for this last round. I pulled an all-nighter for the answer, and STILL got it wrong. D< *SHOT*

Zora Guard

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 pm
Dream Illusionist wrote:
...except for the Sage who made question 3 for this last round. I pulled an all-nighter for the answer, and STILL got it wrong. D< *SHOT*

That'd be me. :twisted: Bwah-hah-hah!

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:32 pm
Dream Illusionist wrote:
An extended congratulations to Invaderzzim for getting second place; you were a great rival ( ;) ) and I honestly thought you were gonna win after the Round 3 results were out. ^^; Congratulations to brainiac02 for getting third place as well, and everyone that participated - even getting some of these questions right can truly be a daunting task, as I found out. >>;

Yeah, I thought I was gonna win too xD. But no hard feelings man, I'm a bit disappointed that a huge goal of mine was not fulfilled, but if you got that crazy Nejiron question, you deserve being a sage. :P And I'm surprised you got question 3 wrong, it was easy it just took time. I spent 4 days of the last round playing TP through xD.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:06 am
What is it with people getting my name wrong here? First they miss out the "i", and then they get the wrong number! :P

I feel like I could have got more points if I'd put more time into some of my answers, but there's no way I would ever have reached the dizzying 70s of points you two got, Illusionist and Zim. I'm glad this season has been a success, it seems like there were more people playing to the end of the season than the last times I've played HT (I know I'm a season behind in saying this, but the 4-round format helps a lot in that regard). Bring on more seasons and more evil questions! :D

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:21 am
brainiac01 wrote:
Bring on more seasons and more evil questions! :D

You're probably going to regret saying that for the rest of your life.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia Season 5 -FINAL RESULTS- • Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:40 am
Invaderzzim wrote:
brainiac01 wrote:
Bring on more seasons and more evil questions! :D

You're probably going to regret saying that for the rest of your life.

It was going to happen anyway whether I said it or not. And it wouldn't be Hyrule Trivia without evil questions ;)

Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]