View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Rules and Guidelines 
Administrator

Post Rules and Guidelines • Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:50 pm
Welcome to the Eighth season of Hyrule Trivia! For those of you returning to us you will know most of these rules, but feel free to refresh yourselves and relearn some of the small tweaks the Sages cooked up last year. Right away I would like to welcome all of you newcomers! This is the topic that should answer most of your questions before you even have time to ask them (or something...?).

Time Interval and Points

The Time Interval for this Season remains at 5 weeks of Questions.

In Week 1 there will be a total of 10 points awarded, Week 2 there will be another 10, Week 3 there will be 20, Week 4 there will be another 20, and finally, Week 5 awards 30 points. This keeps the tradition of Hyrule Trivia being an assessment over a total of 100 points.

In Weeks 1&2, each question will be worth 2 points. In Weeks 3&4, each question will be worth 4 points. In Week 5, each question is worth 6 points. This continues the tradition of heating up the competition in a fair manner.

Any trivia question can be considered a 'Trick Question', this makes things easier on management and for tougher times on your fellow contestants. (Which is good. We want you to work for those prizes :p)

So here are a few helpful reminders courtesy of our good friend Darth Citrus, as well as the additional question types will be discussed here.

Rules

1) This game is for fun. So if you're going to be a spoilsport, don't bother playing at all.

2) Each participant must have only one account. If I find users have been using two accounts, both members will be removed from the trivia.

3) You may discuss the questions in the thread where they are posted. However it's to your benefit if you don't say anything about the answers at all.

4) Forum rules still apply here. So there will be no flaming, crass talk, etc.

5) In the end, players with the highest three scores will be awarded the prizes. In the event of a tie, a sudden death tie breaker will be held to determine the winner.

6) Answers must be in by the deadline or they will not be counted. If you do not submit your answers for two consecutive weeks, you will be eliminated from the trivia.

7) Again: have fun...or else

Procedure
Each MONDAYI will post a set of five questions, the time will vary depending on my schedule. Each member has until the following SUNDAY at 11:59 PM (GMT -4) to submit their responses to me via Private Messaging.

The event will run for SIX weeks, thus there will be 5 rounds of questions with the following points up for grabs each week and 2 weeks of signups.

Week 1 - 10 pts - each question worth 2 pts
Week 2 - 10 pts - each question worth 2 pts
Week 3 - 20 pts - each question worth 4 pts
Week 4 - 20 pts - each question worth 4 pts
Week 5 - 30 pts - each question worth 6 pts

Total out of 100 points with 5 Risk Questions Applied.

Question Types

(Trivia) - These questions will simply test Zelda knowledge.

Example: Rauru is the Sage of what?
Ans: Sage of Light

(Picture) - These require you to use the picture given to answer the question.

Example: What person is displayed in the following picture?

Ans: Midna

(Music) - These require you to listen to a music clip to answer the question. These will always be the exact songs taken from the games.

Example: Which ocarina song is played in the following clip?

http://www.explodingdekunut.net/files/H ... sample.mp3

Ans: Bolero of Fire

(Riddle) - These are essentially riddles you must solve. While they may sound strange, they all have to do with something in the Zelda games. I will never ask a riddle that has to do with fan sites, Nintendo, or anything else.

Example: In Zelda 1, your money I drain as you let me fly. What am I?

Ans: Arrows

(Challenge) - In this question you will be given a list of qualities along with a trivia question. You will have to abide by the guidelines provided and list any and every applicable answer you can find. These questions are generally saved for later rounds and are often worth part values.

Example: Name the dungeons in the Zelda series from The Legend of Zelda to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that have the following:

-More than three keys
-No keese
-Have traps
-Require bombs to complete

(Fallacy) - This is a relatively simple addition that takes an old branch of trivia and makes it it's own question type. A series of statements will be provided to you along with a question and you must either choose the sentence(s) that don't comply with the question, or DO comply. You get the picture, like an extended version of a true and false quiz.

Example: Which of the following statements are false?

a) The Cross item in AOL, while allowing you to see ghosts, is not needed to finish the game.
b) In LoZ, you absolutely need bait to complete the seventh dungeon.
c) Walking though apparent solid walls can only be done in The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask (Note: This does not include things like glitches. I'm talking about things like walls that can only be seen with the Lens of Truth, etc)

And finally the descendant of the bonus question:

(Risk) - These will be your standard run of the mill trivia question. Except they are much more difficult than the rest of the round and if you answer it and answer incorrectly you will lose 2 points from your Round's total earnings. However, if you answer it correctly, you earn two more points onto its standard worth (R.1 you would gain 4 points, R.3 you would gain 6, etc.).

Example: Any standard trivia question that outweighs the rest in difficulty.

All questions can be combined in any form, such as 'Pictu-riddle', etc.

With all that out of the way, I feel the need to express something to you all who are joining. This is a game that is all about fun and not winning or losing (though winning is said to be a bit more joyful). I personally will not accept any instance of flaming or trolling, it will result in your permanent release from Hyrule Trivia past, present, and future.

So I hope you all have fun! And to those who make it all possible you should show your gratitude.

Hyrule Trivia Sages

Darth Citrus - The returning Wise Backdrop on questions or pictures. He also gives you the prizes. Bow to him.

Deku Lord - The returning Hyrule Trivia Composer, responsible for all your Music questions and graphics for Hyrule Trivia. He also develops the Season Long Bonus.

Alpha - Permanent General Trivia Master Developer, provides many of the questions that you will be seeing throughout these 5 weeks. Champion of Season 3!

Dream Illusionist - General Trivia Master Developer, provides many of the questions that you will be seeing throughout these 5 weeks, champion of Season 5!

Anastas - General Trivia Master Developer, provides many of the questions that you will be seeing throughout these 5 weeks, champion of Season 7!

Zeldaeinstein - The returning Hyrule Trivia Host, helping to bring you these changes, round questions and charismatic...ness.

SOME FINAL NOTES AND SUMMARY

1. Sign-ups will remain 2 weeks in length, however,
Round 1 will now officially start at the beginning of the second week! This allows people who are unsure of joining to see what they'll be in for, as well as speed things up for those keeners. :p The All-Season Bonus will also commence on that second week.

2. In the event of a late submission, the time found on Zeldaeinstein's message will take precedence.

3. Risks will continue to subtract from your over all score, however 0 will be the smallest amount you can receive for a round.

4. Questions on specific titles will apply only to the latest versions as of June 1st 2013, such as A Link to the Past (GBA) is considered the game in question when 'A Link to the Past' is mentioned, not the SNES version. This deadline means that details found or asked for in Ocarina of Time 3D will NOW COUNT.

5. We have tried very hard to move away from our previous direction where questions were detracting from 'Trivia' to more Challenges and wild goose chases. You should find that this Season is calling back to the old Tradition of 75% Trivia, 25% Concentrated Fun.

The Forbidden Underwoods wants you!

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]