View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Goals for the Year 
Administrator

Post Goals for the Year • Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:53 am
It's 2013 guys! Welcome to the SHUT UP AND ART. A year of artistic madness with your favorite insane people. This is the official kick off thread to get to ball rolling on SUAA.

First off, if you haven't made your thread, you should go ahead and do that. If you can, make it a sticky thread. If you can, a mod will come around to sticky it eventually. I thought for this kick off we could share some of the things we would like to improve this year, in addition to some of the things we will be drawing (If you know already) or painting (If you're painting). You can also post these goals in your thread as well.

I will start. If I am drawing a picture from reference I can make an almost spot on copy in my drawing. Unfortunately that results in the reference dictating my drawing rather than my drawing using the reference. My goal is to rewrite my mental symbols so I can a) Draw from imagination, b) Learn to have more fluid and living drawings and c) Have a much better understanding of human anatomy. I also have a new stream channel dedicated solely to art so I can stream when I am painting. However I expect the first half of the year to be very pencil heavy, with digital painting only occurring later on.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Goals for the Year • Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:04 am
Pie's goals for the year

The main one will be "getting out of my comfort zone". I tend to draw a lot of things I feel comfortable doing like characters from games using their reference images/posing reference images but I tend to avoid drawing realism like portraits of actual people or fruit. As you know, I also use Adobe Illustrator heavily as a medium for doing vector art and I don't draw by hand as much as I'd like to.

So my goals are:
1.) More realism
2.) Hand drawings
3.) Hands in general

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]