View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The torturous hell that makes you learn.... 
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:26 pm
The Senior Year is the year to be lazy. Just don't slank off in college. Its funny though, college is harder but I think certain kinds of people do better in that atmosphere then in general schooling. XD

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm
Tetromino wrote:
The Senior Year is the year to be lazy. Just don't slank off in college. Its funny though, college is harder but I think certain kinds of people do better in that atmosphere then in general schooling. XD

Oh, I know I'll do fine in college. There is no doubt in my mind, that, that's the type of atmosphere that I'd thrive in.

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:43 pm
Yeah, I think that's true for both of us...I have a tendency to do assignments/tests I only want to do...or something like that. I mean, I get A's and B's, but I know I could've been the Val. had I tried a little harder and got those assignments done. :P But, that's not my nature, I could never be a work-a-holic. *shrugs*

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:49 pm
Same here. God, do I hate homework and some of the reports we have to give. The only general thing I'd dislike is the 50 page essays and stuff. -_- Anyway, I'd be going to Technical School, not the old pish-posh Academic-based College learn-a-torium-nasia thing place.

[url="http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?9002"]Image[/url]

Profile YIM WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:18 pm
Don't say the Lord's name invain, please...or type invain, in this case.

Anyways, I can't say I plan to go to a regular college (right away) either. I'm going to spend two years at Bible School before going off to the university-of-madness thing. Though, if I have a say in it, I'm choosing English/History/Science teacher...dang, is that going to put in debt or what?

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 am
0_o sheesh, how many years of school is that?

Unless becoming a teacher is different in the US than it is here.

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 am
It should be about 6 and then several more for a masters degree. Hey, I know I'm crazy, but that's like an extra six years of (somewhat) living at home...at least in the summer, I mean. :P Although, I can image that I might just move to Missouri once I go for that teaching degree. (I should add if its God's will...too. Remember, these are my plans (for the most part). *shrugs*)

First Tri:

01 AP English A (college level English! Lookie, I'll already have that class done with by college!)
02 Senior Civics (you know, if this was not a required course, I would never have taken it. I already have three-and-a-half YEARS of History/Civics/Geography/Social Studies...and I really wish we weren't forced to take this one. Its a pain in the butt.)
03 Pre Calc A (hmmm...math. Probably about the level of most Calc courses in High School)
04 Anat/Phy (We have a new teach for this...so I've no idea what to expect...accept that we don't have to do the assignment Mr. Wilson gave us. Shot, eh?)
05 Special Topics=Law/election (I just hope he doesn't feed us prop in this class...at least Scott's in it too. *shrugs*)

Second Tri:

01 AP Eng. B (*shrugs*)
02 Web Design 1 (You know, I'm taking the first half but not the second, oh well, just don't hurt me over this.)
03 Anat/Phy (Woohoo, I hope the n00b will survive.)
04 Special Topics-mythology (Hehehehe. I LOVE this teacher. XD)
05 Writers Workshop (School News Paper...heh, I'm certain to be chosen as editor or something for this. I know grammar and I iz mean about it too. (Teehee) No one will come off as unprofessional...no one.)

Third Tri:

01 AP Eng C (.....baaaah! Three tris of this-ugh-)
02 Pre Calc B ('Oly Smack. Who in their right mind decided it was fine for math to have a trimester break, I mean, c'mon! We'll forget everything by then.)
03 Advance Chem-A? (lol there's no Advance Chem B. :lol: Anyways, this is like the hardest course in our high school...it really is an Advance Course. XD This equals weeks of review before hand too. :P *dies*)
04 Senior Cap (What the heck is this course anyways? I have no idea. :shock: Though it might have something to do with the Senior paper.)
05 Free Hour (Erm...yes, no class...I might just go home earlier and tell ZE I've moved to near him. :P)

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:25 pm
ZE's Edumacation so far this senior year.

1. Accounting:
Learned the Accounting Equation (Assets=Liabilities + Owner's Equity)
Learned how to make Balance Sheets, Summary Tables and Income Statements.

2. English:
Learned a few new literary terms. Uh....Yeah.

3. Cdn. Geography.
Just...I don't want to talk about it.

4. Information Tech
We may have covered 4 chapters already, but the only thing I've learned is that pressing shift and doodads can highlight text for you. I was amazed.

5. Trig and 3-Space
All review.

Weren't those first 11 days of classes just so beneficiary?

Also. HA to all you guys who start after Labour Day, seeing as September 20th to October 8th or something, I have that off. :D

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:45 pm
Here are the topics for my upcoming major, more-or-less end of school exams/assignments (even though I still have 2 or 3 months left of school):

1. English: Poetry analysis, picking 2 or 3 out of 10 poems to analyse
2. Maths B: Integration of trigonometric and exponential functions, differentiating to find tangents and normals (i.e. calculus)
3. Maths C: Dynamics, vector calculus (i.e. stuff I've done in Physics, written differently)
4. Chemistry: Electrochemistry (redox reactions, corrosion, voltaic and electrolytic cells) (i.e. rusting and batteries)
5. Physics: Electromagnetism, basic atomic physics (i.e. magnets)
6. Ancient History: 8-10 minute multimodal presentation (seminar, video, interpretive dance, etc.) on how something (in my case, the Mohist school of thought/religion) provided Ancient China with power
7. Religious and Values Education: Response to stimulus on the three waves of feminism

Then after next term, I'm finished school. Forever. Yay...*tear*

Oh, did I mention that next week, before the exam block, is our QCS exam? I think that's like your SATs and whatever Canadians have, if anything. Except only in Year 12. Unless they're also only in Year 12 over there. And did I also mention that I have bronchitis right now, and may end up having to stay at home? Hooray.

Zora Guard

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:56 pm
Blue's schedule<3:

ODD DAYS:

Period 1: IB English-And I already have hw from her too! 500 word essays and annotions! Gosh, I'm gonna love this class! =D

Period 3: Major Time. Basically free time.

Lunch.

Period 5: Computer Graphics-Here I learn how to use Adobe Illustrator CS3, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Image Ready CS3, Adobe In Design CS3 and Bryce 5.5.

Period 7: US/VA History. Today we had to fill in the united states map to show where all the states went.
Let's just say I oughta waste more of my life studying the US map.

EVEN DAYS (tomorro):

Period 2: Creative Writing. Same english teacher as last year too. Should be good.

Period 4: Latin 1 (shrug)

Period 6: Algebra 2.

Lunch.

Finish up Algebra 2.

Period 8: Physics 1. Think I'll go cry now.

Yes sir, it's gonna be a wonderful year.

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:23 pm
1. American History.
2. Study Hall
3. Math
4.History
5.Standard Chemistry
6.Mythology
7. Psychology

*sigh*.

I slacked too much last year and the year before, so I have to retake some classes I shouldn't have.

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 pm
QCS is over. Two exhausting days, but it's finally over. Now to have a day off, before 5 more days of exams.

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:07 pm
Righteo...school is finally over. For good. I am now and officially a high school graduate. An Old Collegian, as we call them at our school. It's done.

Except for university. Five more years...I wonder how Science/Engineering is.

Administrator

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:13 pm
Lucky D:. I still have about 6 more months to go. 6 weeks of classes left until a week of exams (for which I have 3, Trig and 3-Space, English and Geography). From there I'm stuck with a nice long semester before finally graduating in June. On my birthday... on the 18th when I turn 18... That's both creepy and awesome at the same time...

I do however have my grad pictures done and I think I'll be graduating on time ;P.

Whoo for Physics, Calculus, Law, Music and Chemistry next semester.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:42 pm
Yazstromo wrote:
Righteo...school is finally over. For good. I am now and officially a high school graduate. An Old Collegian, as we call them at our school. It's done.

Except for university. Five more years...I wonder how Science/Engineering is.

Lame-bo, I still have to wait until May...and I can't remember the date, but then school is done...finally.

Anyways, I have a different schedule for the second Tri, now, so this is it:

Sec Tri:

01 AP Eng. B (*shrugs*)
02 Web Design 1
03 World History A
04 Physics (This class should be an A.P. Physics, but whatever. Are school=dumb. Though, I actually took 9th grade physics...but, its not the same. Yeah. Ummm, I guess I should really be able to take this class because I already past it. -_-) xD
05 Writers Workshop

Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next