View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The torturous hell that makes you learn.... 
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:52 pm
Gah.

Am I the only one (besides enarus, Sir.Link) graduating in the wonderful month of June -_-.

Did I mention that I graduate June 18th, 2009, which just so happens to be my birthday and 18th birthday at that >_>.

It's neat.

My edumacation so far:

1. Accounting:

First 5 chapters of the textbook are DONE. We're currently wasting time with a big old purple binder filled with Simply Accounting modules. It's basically a free class, I sit and talk and do my betting thing with mah friends.

2. English:

Eh, we learned the history behind Bulldog's today. That just goes to show how this class goes, AWESOME-LY. Yeah, it's basically you're normal English class with a funny/eccentric/awesome/etc. teacher who is completely unorthodox in his methods ;P.

3. Canadian Geography:

Sigh -_-. It's easy as pie, but the teacher is annoying us with a final essay that FOR SOME STUPID REASON NEEDS A *NAVI* *NAVI* *NAVING* *NAVI* COLOURED POSTER TO GO WITH IT. LIKE REALLY, WHAT...THE...F-*NAVI*?

Oh, and we learned basically nothing.

4. Information Technology

We zoomed through the textbook, only one small chapter to go now. It's even easier than Accounting...which is saying a whole friggen lot.

5. Trig and 3-Space

It's fun being top in the class. We started the final Unit Trig Identities and Trig Equations the other day. Whoo.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:04 pm
Your Trig is probably like what my Pre Calc B will be like next Tri. We only did simple Trig crap the first Tri, though.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:45 am
By simple trig, we mean...

Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:40 am
So....I have recently found out if I dont want to live on the streets, I have to take a grade 12 mathe course, even IF I only need 3 mandatory math credits.....so what exactly is calculus?

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:51 am
Its...Calculus. Like Trig and Algebra having a date. You've got your Matrixes and your x,y, and z graphs, plus probably some things to do with cos, sin, tan, csc, cot, and sec...plus formulas. All types of stuff that will make your dreams come true. :roll:

@Yaz: Low level trig, the basics (csc, cot, sec, cos, sin, tan, the unit circle, and that kind of easy crap (though, I know the graphs too...but, nvm) :P), we never got to anything more than that and won't until next Tri cuz our school is dumb.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Profile YIM
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:24 pm
I see........Advanced Functions for me then.......:D

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:37 pm
We don't even have Calc. 1 at my school..., because it is lame, though if we had, I might have torn my brain out. 0_o

Profile YIM
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:08 am
Heh...we never had to do secants and cotangents and what have you. We briefly (and I mean briefly) touched on them in one lesson of Maths C (i.e. advanced maths), but that was because the teacher was telling us we wouldn't ever learn about them. Actually, I can't quite remember exactly what aspects of trig we did cover this year. Oh well.

But I love matrices, which we also did in Maths C. And the last stuff we did in Maths C was...stuff about probability, and Poisson distribution.

Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:44 am
Poisson? Why the heck would you distribute fish?

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:05 pm
Yazstromo wrote:
Heh...we never had to do secants and cotangents and what have you. We briefly (and I mean briefly) touched on them in one lesson of Maths C (i.e. advanced maths), but that was because the teacher was telling us we wouldn't ever learn about them. Actually, I can't quite remember exactly what aspects of trig we did cover this year. Oh well.

But I love matrices, which we also did in Maths C. And the last stuff we did in Maths C was...stuff about probability, and Poisson distribution.

We've done stuff on Probability, but I can't say that we've done the Poisson Distribution, I could ask my math teacher though. :P

And...mbx, I've no idea what you mean by fish. Maybe he is poissoning someone with his Math stuff though. xD

Profile YIM
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:10 pm
French class:

Possion = Fish

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:54 am
Wow.
Outdoor Pursuits is completly pwn.
I couldnt take it at CNHS, because I couldnt think of two teachers that would sign a paper saying I was a complimentary student.
you dont need that at SVHS. Physical Geography is completly loathed, and Biology 122 isnt adored either.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: The torturous hell that makes you learn.... • Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:34 am
Well, my classes are pretty fun if you think about it...

1. Computer Math...
2. Algebra...
3. Geography... (skipped American History, claiming that I did it last year, though I didn't =P)
4. Lunch...
5. Earth Science... (did that last year >.>)
6. english...
7. Gymn...
8. Art class... (best at that class)

Profile YIM WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The torturous hell that makes you learn.... • Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:47 pm
those classes are nothing like what WE have here
oh and I do
Math B (smart math)
English
Chemistry
Film and Television
Graphics
and I did Physics last term but I am terrible at it so I Quit

also very kool I got to go to University of Queensland at st lucias, all last week for work exp. I think it was the best place to go out of all the work exp. places available to go.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: The torturous hell that makes you learn.... • Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:11 am
Oh noes, I may have been within 100 metres of Zetsuboubirri at any given moment last week! MY WORLD IS CRUMBLING AROUND ME!!!

Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next