View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 EDNO Storyline Contest! 
Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:07 am
Celestial Link wrote:
Supreme Dirt wrote:
Alrighty, this one sort of combines a bunch of random ideas floating around in my head. I'm gonna type this as if it's the opening movie or something.

Anyways...

Our world is destroyed...

The ancient weapon built by the gods, the Death Moon, crashed into our world, obliterating almost all of us.

We have rebuilt, however the damage wreaked upon us has left an air of darkness over the land.

We began to return to life as it used to be - or as close as we could - however, in a spat of "luck", time began to slow down in several regions of the land. First, in the ruined area that Zeldamart used to stand on, and it is spreading. The ancient legends say that should this spread throughout the entire planet, time will stop entirely. However, we do not know how to stop it, for that knowledge was lost.

And in this dire hour, we are told that multiple gigantic meteors are heading for the planet. Many think we are doomed.

Yet there is hope among the devastation... For hope is now all we have."

Days passed, and the strike of the meteors became imminent. However, we soon discovered what was causing the time distortion. It was an ancient piece of machinery from our history, the CD-i. An attempt had been made by Shigeru Miyamoto to destroy the machine, but it had failed. Thus, Darth Citrus, Midna the Imp/Tetromino, Zeldaeinstein, and many others departed to destroy the machine. They succeeded after a long fight with the creators of this deadly machine. Sadly, many were lost, among them Informer of the Sages and The Forbidden One. However, there was one threat remaining. The meteors.

These were easily solved by a breakthrough in Deku Nut technology. The new Deku Nuts were powerful enough to destroy an entire country. Thousands of these were launched into space, destroying the Meteor threat. The land was saved.

What happened to the Deku Nuts that missed the Meteors? Noone knows.

Enough EDN references in there? There were originally far more.

Actually, that sounds like a pretty good story. But I'd add more EDN references, and base it more on a Zelda friendly theme. Oh, and this is medieval themed, too, so there shouldn't be any kind of machine yet. It might work for the story with a few changes. But, I'm not the one holding the contest, so it's up to Mr. Goron, whether he likes it and wants to use it or not.

Eh, that's a rough version. And this "machine" I speak about would actually be pretty primitive, merely called a "machine" for effect and EDN reference. Because we all know it's the CD-i's (and Navi's) fault that they ignored hardcore gamers at E3.

I'll have a final copy about this time next week. I'm going to try to reference as many Satires and users as possible.

Mr. Goron wrote:
This story will be PM'd to ME

And my final version will PM'd to Mr. G, when it is complete, and posted in this thread at some point whether it wins or not.

Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:52 am
Update: And we have a winner! Congratulations on writing a awesome storyline for EDNO, Tetromino! You'll receive your 5000 gold coins in game after you register and we'll add your name to the credits very soon.

We did boost the gold coins reward for our winner, due to the economy rating for EDNO.

Thanks to everyone else who entered, expect your runner up prize of 2500 GCs when you register and join us in-game. Thanks again!

[url="http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?9002"]Image[/url]

Profile YIM WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:27 am
Wow looks ke trying can actually get you somewhere :D....

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:02 pm
Okay guys, I figured I'd post 'em all after the idea was suggested by MtI/Tetromino, so I will!

Tetromino's Submission wrote:
Tetromino/MtI's Submission

In the ancient times, before the great land of [insert country name here] was founded, there was much chaos in the land. Seven rivaling tribes debuted over who should rule and how the land should be ruled. It was a terrible time for all.(1)

Then, a large something crashed onto the most “sacred” of all places: the Forbidden Underwoods. There, it is said the legendary Deku Nut is grown and many horrible monsters (like Gohma) live. It was also said that the one who could harness the power of the Deku Nut would rule all.

Thus, the Seven Tribes decided to send its High Sage. These were their finest warriors and sages. Their names were Informer of the Sages, The Forbidden One, Kojinka, Linkisdoomed, Deku Lord, Zeldaeinstein, and Midna the Imp (Tetromino). What the Seven High Sages(2) found would change the Seven Tribes forever.

In the mist of the Forbidden Underwoods was a giant Fruit Bowl! Then, a magical door on its side opened and a giant orange wearing dark glasses and wielding a blade of light came out. His name was Darth Citrus and he was able to harness the power of the Deku Nut to the surprise of the Seven High Sages and later, the Seven Tribes. After this event, Darth Citrus became ruler by default and united Seven Tribes into our great nation: [insert country name here].

Yet, it was not always a peaceful land. Long after the founding of this great land, a new evil came. This evil was an army of spambots (hideous monsters), lizardfos, stalfos, goblins, moblins, and all kinds of hideous beasts. The leader of this army was called Darth Honeytoast.

Darth Honeytoast and his army ravaged the countryside for days, casting a shadow of despair on all. However as [insert country name here] approached its darkest hour it is said that Darth Citrus had returned and with him, the Seven High Sages as well. They launched a counterattack and after days of fighting, drove back Darth Honeytoast and his army. Darth Citrus defeating their leader with a great hammer made of Deku wood.

Despite this great victory, three of the Seven High Sages were lost in the battle. These were Informer of the Sages, The Forbidden One, and Kojinka. The others (and Darth Citrus, himself) have not been seen in a thousand years and many fear that without them, our great country is doomed.

(1) In OoT, it said the land of Hyrule was united by the King of Hyrule from the depths of a Civil War. (or something close to it.)
(2) This is in reference to both EDN and Zelda. xD

MasterBX's Submission wrote:
Master Bx's Submission
A silent calm floats through the Underwoods. Not a creature is stirring, all life seems stopped. Suddenly the ground erupts in a massive tremor causing many of the Underwoods' dwellers to stumble and shake as they wonder what in Hyrule is going on.....

A crack is formed in the middle of a clearing. It seems to be the only damage left by the quake. people frequent of the Underwoods come to investigate. All is calm once again.

A nosy traveller looks into the hole and jumps back in fright. A ghost or shadow-like entity crawls out of the fissure and takes to the skies. The gust from the force pushes the people to their knees as dark clouds surround the fiendish shadow. The Underwoods look bleak, as the shadow engulphs the forest.

The dwellers not knowing how, have been trapped in a quest of unimaginable strength to liberate their home away from home. But are their powers up to the challenge? Only the Goddesses may know.....

Onyx's Submission wrote:
Onyx's Submission

It is six years after Link had saved Midna and Zelda from Ganon; Ganon’s otherworldly power that which he obtained from the Triforce made battle with him difficult and confusing. Even then, Link defeated him and created the bond between the light world and the Twili. This made Link the savior to the races living with the Hylians. They felt that they needed to praise him but could not conceive a good enough appraisal than to build a pure Marble statue in his image and place it in the middle of the Hyrule Town Square and clean it every day. He was reluctant to the government’s wishes and tried to set their minds on more pressing matters, but they eagerly persisted. Finally he broke under their standing will and they built the statue. Three weeks after the statue had been finished he had been slain in battle, his reason was to keep Zelda safe from Ganon’s remaining soldiers’ attack, though he slew them all; it was a dead draw with the final one. One Iron Knuckle had wedged his massive cleaver into Link’s neck at the same time he had thrust his Master’s sword into the mercenary’s heart, it had lived a mere three minutes longer than Link; they both died of profuse blood loss.
Before he had died, Link forced His child (That of Zelda’s as well) to swear that he/she would not reveal that they’d been related; he/she questioned this and thought “Why should I?” But, none-the-less he/she kept the secret and told nothing to anyone, not even those who knew him/her most. The questions of who his/her family was, choked him/her in pressure, so he/she ran from Hyrule to Death Mountain; he/she learned their rules and ways. He/she also met someone who didn’t ask him/her who her family was or anything of that sort, she just trusted that was an equal, and that they should be friends. Everyday he/she visited Link’s grave, left flowers, and wept for what he had done as well as why he had done it. The thought of his selflessness motivated him/her to try to do the same. Two weeks after He had died, he/she became late for school almost everyday, because he/she would tell his grave of what he’d/she’d done the day before, or what he’d/she’d dreamt of, as if he could hear it and understand it. A festival in his name commenced, he/she never went. Two days after that he/she got to school and people began asking him/her where she’d been for the festival, about whom his/her family was, and where they lived. This drove him/her to near insanity, but dealt with it. He/She woke up late and got to Link’s grave late, which made him/her late for school. The teacher yelled at him/her and continues with class.
After School got out [the main character] walked forward with his/her friend talking. (this moves into the game, I hope this is all long enough)

Surpreme Dirt's Submission wrote:
Supreme Dirt's Submission

Our world is destroyed...

The ancient weapon built by the gods, the Death Moon, crashed into our world, obliterating almost all of us.

We have rebuilt, however the damage wreaked upon us has left an air of darkness over the land.

We began to return to life as it used to be - or as close as we could - however, in a spat of "luck", time began to slow down in several regions of the land. First, in the ruined area that Zeldamart used to stand on, and it is spreading. The ancient legends say that should this spread throughout the entire planet, time will stop entirely. However, we do not know how to stop it, for that knowledge was lost.

And in this dire hour, we are told that multiple gigantic meteors are heading for the planet. Many think we are doomed.

Yet there is hope among the devastation... For hope is now all we have."

Days passed, and the strike of the meteors became imminent. However, we soon discovered what was causing the time distortion. It was an ancient piece of machinery from our history, the CD-i. An attempt had been made by Shigeru Miyamoto to destroy the machine, but it had failed. Thus, Darth Citrus, Midna the Imp/Tetromino, Zeldaeinstein, and many others departed to destroy the machine. They succeeded after a long fight with the creators of this deadly machine. Sadly, many were lost, among them Informer of the Sages and The Forbidden One. However, there was one threat remaining. The meteors.

These were easily solved by a breakthrough in Deku Nut technology. The new Deku Nuts were powerful enough to destroy an entire country. Thousands of these were launched into space, destroying the Meteor threat. The land was saved.

What happened to the Deku Nuts that missed the Meteors? Noone knows.

Enough EDN references in there? There were originally far more.

Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:44 pm
Please note that the storyline will not be taken out of this to the letter. Seeing as this is an MMO, a heavy storyline would be hard to make.

Also, the prize amount is still under consideration, due to a large oversight. You'll know within the next few days just how much the winner... won, and also, runner-up prizes will be kept at half of whatever is decided.

~Samuel Clemens

Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2