View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 EDN Online: The Shadow Trials 
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:39 pm
Dang wouldn't that be hard.........or even worse would that mean people could do it almost immediatly after starting.....I mean we should be able to keep the hearts we gain right?......wait howd we gain hearts? are there bosses and heart pieces? or are there life bars?....

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:48 pm
oh dear, I don't know. *raises hand* EDNO representative, we has question!! ^

Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:33 pm
masterbx wrote:
Or you trek through the dungeon trying to survive WITHOUT your stuff...more epic....
That'd be close to impossible. You'd have to already be level 100 to even attempt to survive the dungeon without any gear. And there are no hearts, you have a health bar that runs with HP or health points like in any other MMO/rpg game. And we've already got a dungeon like the Cave of Ordeals.

Now, here's the concept I've got for this idea: These are trials, so they're designed to test every aspect of you and your abilities. This will be conducted all in one dungeon so as to avoid having to send you all over the game. Each level/trial will be conducted on a single floor, through many different rooms, and if you complete the trial, you obtain one of the 5 different items you must have to get through the doors to the final boss. When you beat that floor, obtain the item, and such, you'll reach a room with two portals, one that you can take to the next floor, and one that'll take you back to the entrance of the dungeon to go buy more potions or obtain any thing you might need to continue on.

The 1st trial will be a Test of Courage and Strength, which will take away all of your equipment and make you face enemies down without equipment and try to obtain more so you can survive all the way through the floor. If you make it to the end, you'll receive the Sword of Courage.

The 2nd Trial will be a Test of Wisdom and Cunning. It will test your abilities with solving puzzles and locating the way out through many traps and many confusing rooms. There will be many attempts to send you back to the start of the floor, and rooms that will get you off track. If you're successful, then you'll receive the Helm of Wisdom.

The 3rd Trial will be a Test of Character. This test will test your character and personality. Each room will present you with a different aspect of what it is like to be a Hero, if you can answer it correctly, then you'll move to the next room. If you pass the trial, you'll obtain the Cape of Power.

The 4th Trial will be a Test of Friendship and Trust. This test will require you to partner up with someone, and you must work together in certain fashions to help each other get across the many different gaps and traps spread across the room. If you can get each other to the end without having the other killed, then you'll pass and obtain the Shield of Heroes or the Shield of Villains, depending on your class.

The 5th and final Trial will be a combination of the other 4 tests, plus an extra test, The Test of Destiny. The Final Test will not really test you, but will select a different ending for the choice you make on the paths available. One will lead to an ending where you can choose to be a Savior and destroy the one who attempts to end the existence of the world, another will lead to you fighting the boss, killing him, and taking over his role as a Plague of Destruction, or the other ending, which will end up as you being defeated and killed. Depending on your class in the last one, you'll either go to Heaven or Hell. You'll kill him in the end, but you'll die, too. The Savior's Path earns you the Armor of the Savior, the Armor of Destruction for the path to end the world, or the Armor of Destiny if you follow the path of your own death. The room with the different paths will not tell you which is which, but we'll leave a small hint for each path. You'll be able to return to this dungeon two more times to see the other endings, but you will not obtain any new items. But, your final item will change for the appropriate ending, so try to aim to do it in an order so you'll get the final item you want.

That's just my idea for it.

Edit: You gain more hp as you level up in the game, so no, you won't get any heart pieces or anything. We might be able script it to increase your health when you defeat a boss, too, though.

[url="http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?9002"]Image[/url]

Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:59 pm
Interesting idea CL, I might integrate those in. I should mention this now, work on the trials has already begun, and CL named one of them, though you get to figure out which. ;)

The trials will not have much of a hint in them, however, there will be helpful information before each one.

Finally, the final boss of the game (to be decided but not announced ;)) shall lie beyond the trials, and a final riddle.

~Samuel Clemens

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:21 pm
The one with a partner I bet..... The on that really is in it, that is.

Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:29 pm
So this'll be like the Temple of the ocean King (CL's idea of it).....pretty interesting.....I'd thought wed actually get to fight the thing....or everybody on the rpg would ban together and have to kill it 50/alot of times until it dies and the next saga of evil continues......OOOOH can there be summons in the game?.....or at least magics...kick *Navi* magics....

Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:36 pm
Seeing as everybody (at least in Hyrule's Army) is Hylian, there will be magic, but not too much.

~Samuel Clemens

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:55 pm
Okay so heres the deal. If I can get a heart system working, I'll add that to EDN 2.0. That'll be touched on later. Also a summon system would probably appear in 2.0. Most of these things that are going to be done, are going to be completely server side. That way you won't have to get a new client each time something updates. Remember EDNO is going to be closed beta. Than open beta. But still in beta nevertheless. More ideas would be appreciated.

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 am
Deku Lord wrote:
Interesting idea CL, I might integrate those in. I should mention this now, work on the trials has already begun, and CL named one of them, though you get to figure out which. ;)

The trials will not have much of a hint in them, however, there will be helpful information before each one.

Finally, the final boss of the game (to be decided but not announced ;)) shall lie beyond the trials, and a final riddle.

The final boss should be Darth HoneyToast (just for the sake of it being Darth HoneyToast). xD

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Knight

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Oh and as for summons....if you are on Hyrules side you should summon good creatures and if your on ganons you should summon evil creatures......like cereberus....or zelda bosses.....wait ganons people wont be able to use magic?....

Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:12 pm
Ganon's army will be able to, I was simply stating the reason for magic being included in the game.

~Samuel Clemens

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:55 pm
Tetromino wrote:
Deku Lord wrote:

The final boss should be Darth HoneyToast (just for the sake of it being Darth HoneyToast). xD

Yeah. You know, I was really considering that a while ago. Still am. :D. I was also thinking of making DC the final boss. But decided against it. Though I will get a custom sprite of an orange with a lightsaber... Somewhere... Somehow.

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:14 pm
Yeah, there would be no way to win if the final boss was DC, xD

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:06 pm
He'd have admin controls and instantaneously incinerate us all in one fell swoop.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:52 am
Again if its the REAL DC and he has Admin rites to the game, then he would not be able to attack us and we cannot attack him. But as for trials and stuff no other (on task) comment.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next