View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NaNoWriMo (2008) 
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:54 pm
I vote Hero, just cuz it sounds like it will be a bit less on the 'not so much' romance-like fan fiction <_<. Yes I know it doesn't make the book good or bad if it has romance and that's it's your own personal choice, but still >_>.

I'm really really really broken as in how I'm going to proceed with NaNoWriMo, even though it's cracking down to the beginning I still can't choose between the two -_-.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 pm
Then write terra. And, yeah, its rather odd that there's like NO romance in Hero whatsoever, its just a physophical fantasy/sci-fi thing that doesn't completely know where's its going. Sure there's action, but its not a thriller. And, it has to do with how Timothy's worldview gets changed completely by leaving the technologically advanced city of Rhona into the third-world/medieval tech of the rest of Rhonia.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:06 pm
Har. I've never actually written anything romantic in my life. Never have and never will, at least I really hope so ;P. I guess you can count the kinda 'impossible love' thing I made up to include conflict in Quitting Quitters. But...whatever, I don't like reading about it either ;P.

Both the fan fiction and Terra 0 indeed do not contain an inkling of romance. The main character, Derek, in T0 is a mid thirties bachelor who just hasn't seen the time for or never been approached by because of his views by the opposite sex. And of course...

Damn...

I guess I forgot that in Iron Hearts and Wilted Worlds I have a character fall in love with another one. Good thing she dies later on though. Whoops. xD.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:08 pm
You really are not nice... but you are a bit young for it...and not a girl. :P

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2