View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Favorite Recipes 
Hylian Squire

Post Favorite Recipes • Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:39 pm
well in the stream today i was talking to sir link and lightening and well we were talking about food we like so i decided it would be cool to find out what people like and they can post the recipe and instructions on how to make it but that's optional, people can try to make it and tell us how it turned out pictures are always nice :P

ill start my favorite is my special deep fried chicken wings but I'm not telling the recipe and i also really like roast chicken any type.

now seeing as i am not going to post my chicken wing recipe but i will get pictures when i make it i will instead give u guys a recipe to an awesome asianish style roast chicken.

now to start you will need:
1 Whole chicken
white sugar
Chinese five spice
pepper
salt

1.now mix the sugar, five spice, pepper and salt into a bowl and mix very well
2.wash the chicken and remove the big chunks of fat at each end of the chicken
3.after doing this set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and let it warm up
4.in the mean time take the chicken and cover the outside with the mixture in step 1 and make sure it is covered well
5.after you are done the outside of the chicken pour the remaining seasoning into the cavity of the chicken
6.after you are done marinading sprinkle with some kosher salt this will help make the skin crispy
7.put the chicken in a baking tray and leave it OPEN this is important to make the outside crispy. green shows how to cook almost ever type of roast whole chicken
8.put the chicken in the oven and set the timer for 15-20 mins you choose
9.after 15-20 mins take the chicken out and put the top onto the baking tray and set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
10.put the chicken back in the oven and set for 30-40 mins
11.after 30-40 mins take the chicken out and check it if its not yet cooked to your liking put it back in for a few more mins
12.you may put the chicken back in at 400 degrees after for 5 mins to make the skin crispy again

13.cut and serve with rice or mashed potatoes!

now these instructions are good with most whole roast chicken recipes ill put some more and you guys can try them out.

western simple roast chicken:

ingredients:
1 whole chicken
salt
pepper

just marinate the chicken with salt and pepper and some olive oil and use the instructions on how to cook the chicken above this.

Chinese oyster sauce roast chicken

ingredients:
1 whole chicken
oyster sauce
garlic
salt
pepper
sesame seed oil

this recipe is a bit different but the steps are the same it just takes longer to marinade

1.put the chicken into a bowl and add the ingredients into the bowl and rub into the chicken.
2.put the chicken into the fridge for 4-6 hrs
3.after marinated put into a baking tray and follow steps in green.

GOOD SIDES TO CHICKEN!

Stuffing

ingredients:
bread 1 loaf
carrots
celery
onions
oregano
thyme
olive oil
salt
pepper

1. to start cut all the vegetables and mix in a bowl with oregano, thyme and olive oil.
2. fry the veggies till fork tender
3. cut bread into small squares and add to the veggies in pan dont cook all the way take it out once the bread is some what soaked and then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. stuff into the chicken cavity with some water to help it steam.
5. after you are done cooking the chicken or at about 40 mins take the stuffing out and its ready to serve!

mashed potatoes

ingredients:
potatoes (depends on how much you want to cook)
garlic cloves crushed
salt
pepper
butter
2% milk or cream (cream taste better but 2% is healthier)
1 full bulb of garlic roasted with oil and rosemary ( ill tell you how soon) (optional)

1. to start peel and cut the potatoes into even sizes and put into a pot of boiling water with the crushed garlic and some salt.
2. after the potatoes are done (fork tender) take them out and begin to mash with a hand blender or a potato masher
3. while you are mashing add milk and butter till you get the consistency that you want it.
4. after you are done mashing add salt and pepper and serve with whatever you are eating

1.optional rosemary roasted garlic mashed potatoes was an experiment i did which tasted really good.
2. to start take a sharp knife and cut the entire top of the bulb of garlic and dont break apart the garlic
3. put the garlic into tinfoil with salt, rosemary and a good amount of olive oil and wrap it up really tight
4. take the garlic out after 20-30 mins and take the cloves out of the skin of the garlic and mash it up with either a knife or a masher thing
5. mix it into the mashed potatoes very well you dont want any large pieces of garlic in there.

rice

simple just make some rice all the flavor is in the juice of the chicken will get soaked up by the rice and make it taste awesome. so just make rice however you guys do it, i have a rice maker so i dont really make it myself so no recipes but if you need one i will find it and put it on here just comment and tell me.

salad

now a salad for a chicken is a very simple salad to go on the side because you dont want it to overpower the meal with a salad.

ingredient:
romaine lettuce
whatever dressing you want (ex. ranch, caesar etc)
croutons (normally garlic flavour) or homemade

1. cut lettuce into bite size pieces
2. add dressing and let the salad chill
3. at the last minute add the croutons or they will be gross and mushy
4. you may add cheese, pepper and chicken if you like but that's a personal preference

Gravy

now gravy is simple you can either use the chicken dripping the way they are and put them into a serving container with some water or you can make it a bit thicker and creamier

this is how you make it thicker and creamier

ingredients:

flour flurry (water and flour mixed in a container till smooth)
salt
pepper
and chicken drippings

1. take the chicken drippings and add to a pot and bring to a boil now there is still flavor in the crispy burnt bits on the bottom of the pan so dont leave those, use water to get as much flavor out as you can HOT WATER not cold.
2. after the drippings are brought to a boil add the flour slurry and stir while you add or the gravy will be lumpy!
3. pour into a container and serve!
(this also works with turkey)

soups

now soups are a very optional side because they can work as a full meal or a small side but ill give some recipes once i find them but for now stick with the chicken and sides.
types of soups:

creamy soups: usually uses a roux
types of roux:
light: not to long in the pan just till light yellow used in light soups
blonde: in the pan till light brown used in sauces
brown: in pan till dark brown used in gravys
rouxs consists of equal parts clarified butter and flour, very simple leave comments if you need help

broth like soups: requires some type of stock
chunky soups : very large cut veggies and meat
noodle: cooked in a broth and then use different types of noodles and meat.

types of stocks and how to make them! now homemade stocks do take longer then just buying it but it does pay off with an excellent soup or stirfry!

chicken:
use leftover chicken bones (back of chicken the boney part)
mirepoix ( carrot, onion and celery ) or to make a white stock use ( celery, onion and subsitute the carrot with leeks)
a bouquet garni ( bag of herbs) ( parsley, thyme, bay leaves, pepper corns and other herbs to your likings)

1. put all ingredient in a large pot and bring to boil then let it simmer for the whole day.
2. after its done drain the liquid into a pot and throw away the bones, carrots, onions, celery etc
3. now after 1 night in the fridge the layer of fat will appear it is easy to get rid of this by just breaking it up and throwing it away.

this type of stock is very good for chicken soups, flavor some stir fry, the possibilities are endless!

beef stock

now to make beef it is very similar to the chicken with a few differences. this recipe is excellent for beef noodle soups and beef stew.

ingredients:
beef bones
star anise
cloves ( spice)
1 onions cut in half
salt
pepper
lots of sugar

1. boil the beef bones but there selves at first to clean them and get rid of that nasty stench they give
2. after the bones are done take them out and pour away the gross water and wash the bones dont worry there is still plenty of flavor
3. now add everything except for the sugar into the pot and let it boil for a good 3-4 hours
4. after 3-4 hours add 3-4 cups of sugar or till it makes the stock somewhat sweet.
5. after its done remove bones and well everything in there and leave the liquid and you can use this for most chinese soup dishes

fish stock

used for chinese soups

pretty much the same as chicken just replace the chicken bones with the fish bones. i personally dont like it that much and stick to beef and chicken

Dessert

now i dont really work with desserts thats more of DC's side but i do like to decorate cakes for birthdays.

a good dessert after a chicken dinner is a VERY light cake and some leaf juice because the chicken is a rather heavy dinner so just be careful what you serve with your meal and after them, dont try and kill your guests!

now to decorate a cake requires a steady hand and some baking tools
a bag with the tip cut off
a large flat spreading device for icing
round baking pan and cake mix or a homemade cake whatever you want both work

now when you decorate a cake you want to start with deciding either or not you want to make it a 2 layered cake or not because if its not 2 layered start with the top of the cake and work your way from the middle of the cake to the sides. now when doing the sides you can use a butter knife and slowly add the icing to it go very slowly don't rush it or it will look bad. now if its a 2 layered cake u need to make the filling first and to do this just add icing to the middle and and spread around to the thickness you want and add the 2nd layer on top. and do the same technique as if it was a one layered cake. now if you want to do cool decorations like flowers and stuff you need to buy the kit for that but to just ad a border and some small dots u just need a bag with the tip off. jsut experiment with this and remember not to rush! Rome wasn't built in a day!

Breakfast

simple easy french toast

ingredients
bread
eggs
butter(real)
icing sugar

1. crack eggs in bowl and whisk
2. butter bread then dip in egg
3. fry in a pan till golden brown
4. take out and dust with icing sugar

really easy there are more complex versions that i can post but im to lazy to type it right now.

breakfast sandwich

some sort of bread (toast, biscuit, english muffin, etc)
eggs
bacon or sausage(ground)
butter
onion (optional) gives a nice crunch

1. toast bread to your liking
2. beat eggs
3. fry bacon till crisp and keep the oil
4. scramble eggs in bacon fat if you want more flavor
5. slice onion
6. butter bread and put the nice and warm eggs on in followed by bacon and onions
enjoy

now i dont really make breakfast because i usually just have toast then go to school but i will try to find some more till then enjoy :D

i hope that these recipes help and i will continually add recipes when i have the time to but till then enjoy what i have posted! and happy eating!

http://peterdsilva.com/

Last edited by c01t on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:22 pm
now seeing as how its summer im gonna add some easy simple bbq recipes

in this post you will find:

bbq chicken
bbq steak
bbq pork chops

bbq chicken!

bbq chicken is very simple and i really like this recipe this is the only recipe i use to cook mine.

ingredients:
package of chicken drumsticks
garlic
soya sauce
sesame seed oil
pepper
salt

this is very simple!

1. wash the chicken drumsticks
2. cut the garlic very very fine or it will burn on the bbq
3. mix all ingredient in a large bowl and mix well
4. you can choose to marinade overnight but i dont and it still taste fine
5. now start the bbq and wait till its around 300-350 degrees farenheit
6. put the chicken on the bbq usually takes 20-30 mins so just be patient
when done just let it rest for 5 mins and eat!

bbq steak

simple easy and delicious

ingredients:
steak anytype
oregano
salt
pepper
olive oil

1. rub the steak with olive oil both sides
2. add salt, pepper and oregano and rub well into the steak both sides
3. cook to whatever you like (rare, medium rare or well done)
enjoy

bbq porkchops

taste good and is tender

ingredients:
porkchops
oyster sauce
white pepper

1.rub the pork chops with oyster sauce and white pepper(only use white pepper or it will taste funny)
2.cook till it is cooked all the way through or you will get sick
let it rest and then you can eat it enjoy!

now since the summer is ending i will soon transition into holiday meals such as thanksgiving and christmas so until then happy eating!

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:47 pm
Here's a link to my favourite chocolate-chip-chewy cookies:
http://www.food.com/recipe/chewy-delicious-chocolate-chip-cookies-17113

And another one to the best scone recipe EVER.
http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-sweet-scones-66409

Enjoy.

"...It's not going so well. I lit myself on fire." -Caboose.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 pm
those cookies look great ill try them and tell you all how it turned out!

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:02 pm
Mexican Taco Casserole RecipeMexican Taco Bake Casserole Recipe
Ingredient List for Mexican Taco Casserole Recipe

1 pound ground beef (extra lean)
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 inch dices)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup water
3/4 cup Taco Sauce - Medium
3 ounces Diced Green Chiles
1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
1 package Taco Seasoning Mix - Regular
1 package (4.5 oz) Taco Shells (12 ct), broken (try Doritos Nacho Chips!!)
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/8 cup sliced green onions

Preparation!!!

Preheat oven to 375° F.
Cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned; drain.
Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4 cup olives and seasoning mix.
Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Layer half of broken taco shells on bottom of greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
Repeat with remaining shells, meat sauce and cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Top with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.

This recipe is a great one that I havent tried yet, but ive made other taco bakes.
This recipe can be changed up, with whatever taco ingredients youd like!
Im going to try this recipe, but I would love if, you, colt, did it as well, and took maybe a pic, or just told us how it turned out!

also,im going to try those oyster sauce porkchops, I have 2 cans of oyster sauce that have never been used!!!
Where might I find some White Pepper???

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:05 pm
Quote:
Im going to try this recipe, but I would love if, you, colt, did it as well, and took maybe a pic, or just told us how it turned out!

also,im going to try those oyster sauce porkchops, I have 2 cans of oyster sauce that have never been used!!!
Where might I find some White Pepper???

white pepper can be found at a chinese super market or even a standard supermarket should have it.(and dont use to much it is much spicier then normal black pepper)
and i will one day try that recipe but with school starting soon i will be cooking a bit less but i will post pics of what i cook. sounds delicious though!

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:17 pm
Nice, im going to go to the supermarket tommorow, if my check comes in the mail, and if not, I will go there to get it when it does come (I have to get groceries anyway, might as well go to the Super Store :D)

I will take pictures of the finished product, and put them up as well :D

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:20 pm
Sir.Link wrote:
Nice, im going to go to the supermarket tommorow, if my check comes in the mail, and if not, I will go there to get it when it does come (I have to get groceries anyway, might as well go to the Super Store :D)

I will take pictures of the finished product, and put them up as well :D

good luck and dont inhale the white pepper it will burn for hours -_- i learnt the hard way......

*also jsa i tried the cookies and they are awesome nice find!

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:52 pm
Ultra Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwiches! Personal Recipe!

Bread
butter or margarine or low fat comparison
eggs*2
Cheese slice, or two if you like cheesy. Possible low fat equivalent cheese slice if you like that
Condiments of your likeing
a nice bit of chopped onions, if you like onions, gives it a nice kick with a small amount placed carefully, ecspecially grilled onions :D
lean ham slices

Preparation.
Take your two slices of bread here, and rip the middle out with your fingers. Apply margarine to both sides of both bread, and fry them up in the pan for a second. then take your eggs, and place them in the center, where you removed the middle of the bread. let the pan side of the egg cook enough to be flipped on its uncooked side. When both sides are cooked evenly, place one cheese slice on one of the bread slices. Let melt a bit, then take them off the pan. Quickly apply ham, and fried onions, or even bacon, or whatever you might desire. a bit of herb and garlic cream cheese is nice with this, if you use bacon as the meat base.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:56 pm
Sir.Link wrote:
Ultra Breakfast Grilled Cheese Sandwiches! Personal Recipe!

Bread
butter or margarine or low fat comparison
eggs*2
Cheese slice, or two if you like cheesy. Possible low fat equivalent cheese slice if you like that
Condiments of your likeing
a nice bit of chopped onions, if you like onions, gives it a nice kick with a small amount placed carefully, ecspecially grilled onions :D
lean ham slices

Preparation.
Take your two slices of bread here, and rip the middle out with your fingers. Apply margarine to both sides of both bread, and fry them up in the pan for a second. then take your eggs, and place them in the center, where you removed the middle of the bread. let the pan side of the egg cook enough to be flipped on its uncooked side. When both sides are cooked evenly, place one cheese slice on one of the bread slices. Let melt a bit, then take them off the pan. Quickly apply ham, and fried onions, or even bacon, or whatever you might desire. a bit of herb and garlic cream cheese is nice with this, if you use bacon as the meat base.

mmmmm sounds good ill prob try it near a holiday when i have lots of time to do that in the morning but it looks awesome also i will be posting less cause of school but if anyone has questions please feel free to pm me or comment here. heres a quick recipe:

quick quesadilla recipe:

2 tortilla shells
salsa
leftover chicken or any other meat
cheese whatever type personal preference
finely diced onions and fresh tomatoes

procedure:
1. put salsa on one tortilla shell and spread like pizza sauce not to much now or the quesadilla will be turn out wierd.
2. put your cheese on the tortilla shell
3 add all the other ingredients on top of the cheese
4. now add the last tortilla shell ontop like a sandwich
5. put into a large flat pan and cook till shell is golden brown and cheese is melted
6. cut up and serve
enjoy

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 am
hmmm Co1T, know any good breakfast recipes? that is pretty much all I cook, I tryed those oyster pork chops with the white pepper, but I think I used to much because they were really spicy D:

They were still good though.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:46 pm
Sir.Link wrote:
hmmm Co1T, know any good breakfast recipes? that is pretty much all I cook, I tryed those oyster pork chops with the white pepper, but I think I used to much because they were really spicy D:

They were still good though.

heh ya u only use like a couple pinches of white pepper :P and ya i know a couple ill post them in the main thingy at the top under breakfast for ya

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:06 am
Nice Nice, sounds great to me man. You try out those delicous ultimate grilled cheese's yet?

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:49 pm
Sir.Link wrote:
Nice Nice, sounds great to me man. You try out those delicous ultimate grilled cheese's yet?

not yet sadly to much school :( i will as soon as i get the ingredients though they sound awesome

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Favorite Recipes • Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:53 am
where are these breakfast recipes you promised, colt, hmmmmmmmmmm? :gum: BD BP

Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next