View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) 
Administrator

Post Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 pm
This is a little group project that I would like everyone to participate in. As we all know, there are many of us who partake in various different artforms, poetry, prose, sketching, painting, you name it. Many of us who are into these activities like to find inspiration from musical numbers, be they of any genre.

Over the years that I have taken writing seriously, I have amassed dozens of songs that I find work very well in providing one of many things necessary to the act. Some of these songs are there for entertainment, others for inspiration of certain scenes (drawing out emotions from which I can place upon a situation in the prose, etc.), many as the origin of events many of you have read. I would like this to be a library of those songs that you find inspirational, not just in creating artistic things, but pieces of music that impact your thoughts, your views of life. It may sound sappy, but you can't deny the power that music can have over a person.

From here, everyone can sample what the forum community as a whole considers some of the greatest songs ever created. They can be of any genre, the only prereq is that they have to be IMPORTANT to you, or something you consider a thing of beauty/inspiration/etc.

I'll start with the newest tune on my writing playlist:

Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire

Let's make this happen.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 pm
I only started to notice songs that I liked listening to while working on certain thing when I started working on FF. The main ones I find I prefer are:

Divinty II from The FFVII:AC OST

Even though we were Together so much by See-Saw
That Video's an AMV but the music is what's important.

Aaaaaaaaand DRESS which is by abingdon boys school. (It's a cover but I Prefer this version.)

Administrator

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:57 pm
This always gets me inspired to fight crime. That counts right?

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 am
That will always count, forever :p.

Here's a few pieces from Yann Tiersen, who I recently rekindled my interest in: (no, not in that way, Tetromino :P)

La Veillee
Rue des Cascades

This song originally was my favourite, one based upon needing inspiration, but it was retired for personal reasons, but maybe you guys will enjoy listening to it:

Reasoner - Living Transparent

A close second that I overplayed to death:

Bloody Tears

And one last song to round this batch up, which happens to be Zelda related:

Nothing Set in Stone

There ya'll go, I'll come around again after a few posts once I remember some of my songs... I need to keep a list. :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:37 pm
Zeldaeinstein wrote:
That will always count, forever :p.

Here's a few pieces from Yann Tiersen, who I recently rekindled my interest in: (no, not in that way, Tetromino :P)

La Veillee
Rue des Cascades

Sure ZE. I think that we all KNOW how you feel. You just love it. ;P

And here's some from me, these are by MaestroRage. Yes, I use these to write FF and other things. Just not essays. ;P

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/227020
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/170554

And something new (since this has been edited...and Tetromino didn't want to double post or use her 'color'. It's not a sign of laziness, just business...promise!):
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/283800

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 pm
Simply magical, this version as well as the original are both very easy casual listening. If you're not a fan of Led Zeppelin (or separately Stairway to Heaven), then I dunno what to say, other than that this symphonic version is astounding nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkKScW1Rx0s

On the other side of things, this is a very well done piece by Danman87 of Newgrounds (he no longer has an account now that he is a professional). This song along with others he did for an independant film are just remarkable, prepare for epic overload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkKScW1Rx0s

I owe DC to introducing me to this fellow :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 pm
http://soundcloud.com/frequal/dirty-did ... qual-remix

This song makes me feel really good, mostly because I was never a believer in God and now I am.
I went through some stuff with drugs, and now I'm clean. I just love this song. Makes me feel strong :)

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:37 am
Here's a music loop I arranged. It always used to soothe me after a stressful and fever-pitch-nerve inducing day at the Theme park. Now that I lo longer work there it's just nice mellow music to rest to. :)

Edit: It's apparently also good to sleep to!

http://www.wpmd.org
Click to listen live!

**Tired of the norm? Looking for a way to relax and unwind? Tune into Ethnic Soul, Tuesday afternoons, 2-3 PM PST. Only on WPMD on the web. "Where people make a difference."

My passions in life - Radio, Art, Writing.

You can take the man away from Hyrule... but you can never take Hyrule from the man.

Administrator

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 am
I had hoped this topic would have exploded, so let's try again :p.

You - I have no idea where this song originates from, but I had someone here show it to me... I want to say it was either Dark Princess or Blue55, so don't either of you hit me :P

Castle of Wonders - I use this as something to put me in a writing mood, and usually during any dialogue as it helps me focus on my thoughts rather than distract me with its tune.

Kasandora Piano Cover - Not the best quality in the world, but it is definitely one of my favourite little tunes from a game I love, Actraiser. It is a song composed for a man who died bravely in the desert before Kasandora was established as a city by you, the God. A very haunting and sad melody. D;

Danse Macabre - Shown to me by Deku Lord through the great taste of Yazstromo, this continues to be one of those songs I just never get tired of listening to. For a while I had forgotten completely about it (a travesty as you are sure to find out and agree with me on... DO IT D: ), but now it is used in almost any mood of writing I am in as it covers practically all of them with energy/intensity behind them.

Andare - I could list everything from Ludovico if I really wanted, but take my word for it, it is all flawless music.

Cough up your favourite inspiration tunes guys! :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:49 pm
... Come on guys, be inspired!

Since I've come cross a new love for the Elder Scrolls series, I'll post one of the most beautiful pieces of video game music I've ever heard.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:56 am
DM - Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya and many of their songs to help me better take in my Irish side of the family, with good ol' Irish music, and to hopefully start a story.

Profile YIM WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:04 am

Is amazing.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:32 pm
This inspires me to destroy aliens when they try to invade Earth. Or fight crime or anything similar.

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:13 pm
@Nean: I find that to inspire me to write, I actually sometimes listen to random Green Day songs (like the one you posted) or other bands like it. It's weird, I'm not that kind of "chick" really, well, most of the time. ;P

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Re: Inspiring Music (Forum Collection) • Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:51 pm

~Samuel Clemens

Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next